Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Warlocks need to be overhauled big time, there a complete mess and totally broken.

Enslave Demon - Next to never gets use
    Banish - Never used
    Unending Breath - Junk Spell/Filler
    Drain Life - Completely Broken ATM
    Malefic Grasp - Absolute crap and boring spell
    Dark Bargain - CD to high with the penalty is bad, needs to reworked.
    Mannorth's Fury - Still not up to par completely
    Shadowflame - Complete joke, especially compared to the other two. Need it back to it's former glory as a damage aoe spell.
    Haunt - Rather underwhelming feeling, doesn't feel like a hard hitter when you cast it..Pretty boring atm.
    Life Tap - Completely useless now. I went the entire expansion without using it once.
    Curse of Enfeeblement - Almost never see's use.
    Eye of Kilrogg - Junk filler spell

Think that pretty much sums it up for the most part. And Shadow Bolt needs to be brought back to it's former glory as well being a main cast filler.
    Banish has its uses in pvp, though not as much as it used to.
    Remember banishing tree druids anyone ?

Unending Breath I use regularly for the self swim speed increase.

Shadowflame sucked most as a damage spell, because it was a dps increase when in melee range, and a loss when you weren't.
    Simply not fun as a ranged caster.

Curse of Enfeeblement has regular PvP use, though cast speed reductions are being removed completely it would appear.

Eye of Kilrogg has had some use for me on Timeless Isle, for Spelurk Cave and for checking on rares I have been camping nearby while farming.

Several complaints that are more derived from "because I don't use them", rather than real criticism in some cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So, KJC makes the other talents on the 90 row less appealing and can't possibly stay in this form or it will get used most of the time, Fel Flame is presumably deemed too good a movement ability to keep, and our normal toolkit allows us barely anything. Not sure where the solution lies with this. I mean that's the joke really. Replacing KJC with Fel Flame changes very little, it would still probably be the go to talent, even if slightly less appealing then having our normal filler. You'd try to get away with it more and use Archi's, but enough movement needs in a fight and we'd use it.
    KJC is only an attractive option because the encounter developers have decided 'moving all the time' is a cheap way to make a fight harder.

It'd be less of an attractive option in a world where every fight doesn't include a mish-mash of 'run out of this', 'run out of that', 'run out of this thing in particular', 'run over and dps this', 'run across the map to avoid all this' and 'dodge all these things at once' while trying to maintain dps non-stop for 5 minutes straight.

It's hard to imagine, even two expansions ago, you could sit through most fights with only a few sidesteps. Now every fight requires some sort of aerial acrobatics that just mush the traditional lock toolset in the face. It's silly to think in the face of encounters with constant disrupting movement, any warlock would avoid picking up a talent that lessens that burden, rather than add to his abilities.

Tone down the constant shuffling back and forth and everything else becomes more attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Remember banishing tree druids anyone ?
    Or other demo locks.

How about this. Drain Life is passive and Warlocks stay at full health while the enemies health gets drained.

Drain Life is fine as is and the only people complaining are the ones that can't use it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscripts View Post
    How about this. Drain Life is passive and Warlocks stay at full health while the enemies health gets drained.

Drain Life is fine as is and the only people complaining are the ones that can't use it properly.

in PVP atm is, for me, almost impossible to drain tank a melee or an hunter

Are you a warlock?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Demo with ludicrous Haste perhaps? Only way I can imagine it. Please refer to the second of the problems with the spell.
    By stalking other peoples logs, I assume you have the correct idea. (But currently I am too lazy, to do any math, which would verify or falsify the idea.)
    Maybe I start doing that math, when I have the chance to play Demo again, but currently I'm forced to Destro, therefore patience may pay off, if someone else does the math (and shares it ).

I think it would be neat if it was a simple dot that restored life on tick, but that's probably just silly.

people here are complaining about drain life because they dont know how to use it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by meira1111 View Post
    people here are complaining about drain life because they dont know how to use it properly.
    Please do enlighten us.

guys... i'm not a corean player, i'm not cobrack... but drain life in PVP situation VS melee is freacking...

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    guys... i'm not a corean player, i'm not cobrack... but drain life in PVP situation VS melee is freacking...
    Luckily we don't even need personal CD's to be an unviable kill target in 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Luckily we don't even need personal CD's to be an unviable kill target in 3s.
    drain life in PVP vs melee is great (for melee )

i can't drain tank a melee

Deleted
    I can only think of a single scenario where i would use drain life in pvp.
    10% hp, used all defenses, no circle tele and a mage comes and frost novas me and i have to use it (soulburned ofcourse) as a last resort to buy time for my healer.

Yet for some reason it's always on my bars.

If you can draintank a warrior/rogue/druid or any other melee that have some kind of mortal wound effect, you just overgeared them by a LOT, and they're not doing anything worth training (interrupting, stuning, etc).

IMO, the best fix for DL is allow it to be cast while moving and increase damage so that it does 15% ghostdots (unlike MG that does 30%), so it's damage would scale with dots, but not enough so you can use it on any HC encounter @PVE, but usefull for when you need to selfheal.
    Last edited by evertonbelmontt; 2014-04-14 at 10:59 PM.

Honestly, I feel they should just be done with trying so hard to make Drain Life viable as a stand alone spell. Currently in order for the spell to be worth casting in any form. We must give up a Talent Slot and Glyph slot and even then I still feel horrible for pressing the button.

I propose this just become a passive skill we gain that makes our current filler spells heal us for x% each time that spell deals damage.

Malefic Grasp - Heals .5% a tick
    Shadowbolt - 4% per cast
    Incinerate - 2.5% per cast.

Or something to that effect. Of course, the numbers would be balanced. I'd much rather see Drain Life go this way.
    I understand people would like to keep the spell for class flavor reasons or nostalgia.
    Honestly though, warlocks have changed so much since BC and Wotlk I see no point in keeping a spell for just these reasons alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    I heard some whispers that Drain Life in 570+ ilvl can replace one of the fillers under particular circumstances. I also believe another warlock is going to 'come out' with such findings soon enough.
    still waiting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    still waiting...
    Done =P

And to weigh in on the OP, I actually used Harvest life during progression this tier. It's a perfect in-between spell for the times where you don't really need a massive cooldown (Dark Regen) and when Soul Leech just isn't enough. When we were working on Klaxxi it was the perfect buffer for the Fire lines when health pools and healing just weren't quite there. Right now harvest life is like ~90% of shadow bolt, which means it isn't a massive loss by any means and can easily provide the means to not die when you're facing high periodic damage.

Define properly using it while ur being trained by warr/rogue/dk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvii View Post
    KJC is only an attractive option because the encounter developers have decided 'moving all the time' is a cheap way to make a fight harder.

It'd be less of an attractive option in a world where every fight doesn't include a mish-mash of 'run out of this', 'run out of that', 'run out of this thing in particular', 'run over and dps this', 'run across the map to avoid all this' and 'dodge all these things at once' while trying to maintain dps non-stop for 5 minutes straight.

It's hard to imagine, even two expansions ago, you could sit through most fights with only a few sidesteps. Now every fight requires some sort of aerial acrobatics that just mush the traditional lock toolset in the face. It's silly to think in the face of encounters with constant disrupting movement, any warlock would avoid picking up a talent that lessens that burden, rather than add to his abilities.

Tone down the constant shuffling back and forth and everything else becomes more attractive.
    You are comparing MOP fights with WoD talents/skills. Since all classes will be able to cast less on the move, they will design fights accordingly and u might just need to make only 2 steps again.