Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id say they are damn good at it. I wouldnt say hearthstone came out of nowhere, they did have a card game prior to hearthstone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Honestly this is either flame bait or probably the most embarrassing thread I have ever seen on these forums. But yeah - they're the bestest, best, ever!
    yet your reply is the only embarrassing reply here.
    whos the flamer....you

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is one of the best game developers out there. Well funded, well staffed. They have a large following and have over a decade of experience.

I wouldn't call them the "God" of making games though.
    Call me House.

I just think in general Blizzard just has more hits than misses in comparison to other companies. It's because their product cycles are long and they take their time to do things right, they don't innovate or take risks as much as they just polish other people's ideas, their fan base is fucking rabidly loyal and they have probably the best art and design team in the industry. I think the person who said they are the Apple of the video game industry is actually pretty dead on with that analogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldnt go as far as calling them "god"... no company is perfect!

In my opinion they only made one bad game and that was Diablo 3, and even with the expansion they are managing to make up for it...

I got great customer service from them and they team have always been fast at responding to me, so on a technical side they been great.

Love all their games although I do feel that right now, their Starcraft lore is the better lore in their selection of games now, 10 years ago I would have said Warcraft, and in a way it is still good but I am just loving the lore in Starcraft lore more now.

I cant say that many game companies have impressed me as much as Blizzard in all round(ness). I really hope they keep up the good work.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    He said there is more challenge in super mario bros then wow. He never put a limit on that claim. That was post was directed at him not at your random opinion.
    And it's absurd to compare the difficulty of the MP portion of a game to the SP of another. It would be like saying WoW is harder than Devil May Cry 3, when it's just one tiny little facet of it that is. Pretty much any competitive multiplayer's highest bracket is going to be quite hard, no matter the game's base difficulty.

Blizzard is really good at a few things which is why they are so successful.

1. Their engine for all their games has always been near the top in terms of responsiveness. I try to play other MMOs besides WoW and I get an annoying delay between input and the on screen reaction. This applies when comparing D3 to other ARPGs too.

2. They stick with their games for a long time. Lots of companies would have given up on a game like D3 after how negative a response it got on launch, but they stuck with it and 9? 10? major patches later it's a solid game.

3. There's some addictive quality to their games that I can't quite figure out. Even if the game has gotten boring as hell, there's still a part of your mind that craves it. It takes being away for a while before the addiction really starts to break.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
    They used to be gods now they just have a very loyal fanbase.

Loyalty and hype, powerful tools.
    This sums it all up. They are far from the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets check some facts
    WoW cata has some of worst ratings for an mmo game
    Diablo 3 is considered by many ppl and reviewers complete sh*t and not worth ur time (not talking about expansion, don't have info yet), vs diablo 2, who is awarded best game on pc all time
    Starcraft 2 has less ppl follow it than SC1 did, and even until now there are still a good portion of sc1 fans, not as large as sc2 but sc2 failed to replace 1 miserably
    Blizzard was god, Activision is the devil, don't forget that Activision single-handled almost destroyed the video game market if not for good guy nintendo pour tons of cash to save the industry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    They used to be... now they're just sell-outs.

After having played the WoD alpha for a bit, I can already tell you the game is going to be a huge flop. Nothing new or innovative, just more go kill 10 boar quests by voiceless NPCs. It feels as if you're sent back to the Dreadwastes or any other pre-90 zone and are told you've to quest through that entire zone for hours on end again to level up, same old bullshit everyone has been doing the past 10 years already. It's an old game before it even released.
    Is the Alpha NDA'd, if not can you post a screenshot because statistically speaking you probably aren't in the alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    9 games vs 15-20, Blizzard does expansions instead of new games. Also Blizzard is slow to produce content, which hurts total profitability, but generally produces good stable games even if they are lack-luster and unimaginative.

As to 2.7 in the first week, D3 sold 6million in the first day. 7.8 million total. That should tell you something. Hype sold 6 million copies. An they only sold 1.8 million copies past that point. D3X made no new costumers, and didn't even sell copies to people who bought the main game. That isn't a formula of a successful product, what it is amounts to Fan service only.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW most profitable, and Best During WotLK only. Hearthstone isn't much to people unless you love WOW and Blizzard games. Granted there are probably 20 million unique people who might play a Blizzard Game, but other games have customer bases in the 100's of millions. Angry Birds has had 2 billion downloads across all platforms. ( http://www.edge-online.com/features/...creator-rovio/ ) Hearthstone might have 10-20 million downloads, with 100k regular players.
    But the regular player sticks around longer on 1 of blizzards game then flappy bird lol

Just look how popular wow still is after almost 10years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Blizzard and Valve are probably the best two out there. Blizzard had a golden age between warcraft 2 and wow where they just couldn't do anything wrong but have slipped lately, underperforming with diablo 3 and the latest two wow xpacs. Not the same quality you would have expected from the company that was crapping gold 10 years go. With that said the only company I hold in the same regard is Valve.

Quote Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
    They used to be gods now they just have a very loyal fanbase.
    Agree with this 100%.

Deleted
    They made better games before. They also have among the largest irrationaly loyal fanbase, like Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumicide View Post
    And it's absurd to compare the difficulty of the MP portion of a game to the SP of another. It would be like saying WoW is harder than Devil May Cry 3, when it's just one tiny little facet of it that is. Pretty much any competitive multiplayer's highest bracket is going to be quite hard, no matter the game's base difficulty.
    That is not the point he said "there is more challenge in SoB" then wow he was wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    9 games vs 15-20, Blizzard does expansions instead of new games. Also Blizzard is slow to produce content, which hurts total profitability, but generally produces good stable games even if they are lack-luster and unimaginative.

As to 2.7 in the first week, D3 sold 6million in the first day. 7.8 million total. That should tell you something. Hype sold 6 million copies. An they only sold 1.8 million copies past that point. D3X made no new costumers, and didn't even sell copies to people who bought the main game. That isn't a formula of a successful product, what it is amounts to Fan service only.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW most profitable, and Best During WotLK only. Hearthstone isn't much to people unless you love WOW and Blizzard games. Granted there are probably 20 million unique people who might play a Blizzard Game, but other games have customer bases in the 100's of millions. Angry Birds has had 2 billion downloads across all platforms. ( http://www.edge-online.com/features/...creator-rovio/ ) Hearthstone might have 10-20 million downloads, with 100k regular players.
    Might want to check your "facts". D3 has sold over 13 million on the PC alone. And that data is over a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    All of their games are just a huge succes, even those that are just utterly out of no where like Hearthstone.
    If you look at twitch top 12, all recent blizzard games are in there.

Is blizzard just the best of the best or is this just luck on their part of games.
    Blizzard has a cashcow no other company has. This gives them resources that other companies can only dream of. They can afford to spend time tweaking this and that.

Both D3 and SC2 took an awful long time to arrive. I doubt any other companies can afford that long to wait between games.

So Blizzard has an big advantage which they use. It would be interesting to read how profitable those games are, compared to the cost to make them.

I am sure companies would prefer to spend 10 million, sell 20 million, making 10 million than spend 45 million, sell 50 million and make 5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    I've gotten access to all the closed alphas and betas of Blizzard games for the past 10 years. Don't worry, you can check my posting history...
    And they were all lies. Because each time someone asked proof, you backed down.

As always, just like now.

The history of your posts only shows one thing: a man frustrated because Blizzard has the biggest MMO, the biggest rts, the biggest arpg and now since 1 month the biggest actually PLAYED digital CCG.

Who would have thought, a card game on par in activity with games like WoW, LoL, Dota2 and Diablo3...

Another gold mine, another frustration for the Blizz hate boys.

I love it. 1.7 billion dollars revenue by years end. It must be freightening to be a hate boy these days ...

Last edited by BenBos; 2014-04-07 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Blizzard has a cashcow no other company has. This gives them resources that other companies can only dream of. They can afford to spend time tweaking this and that.
    Both D3 and SC2 took an awful long time to arrive. I doubt any other companies can afford that long to wait between games.
    So Blizzard has an big advantage which they use. It would be interesting to read how profitable those games are, compared to the cost to make them.
    I am sure companies would prefer to spend 10 million, sell 20 million, making 10 million than spend 45 million, sell 50 million and make 5 million.
    You sound like someone presented Blizzard their cash cow for Christmas. They risked a lot when they started wow, and suddenly had huge profits out of it. So, they earned their money, don't you think?

Feel free to name me at least one company who is better than Blizzard in making games. Noone says Blizzard games are the pinnacle of perfection. Problem is, other devs make way worse games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Might want to check your "facts". D3 has sold over 13 million on the PC alone. And that data is over a year old.
    Can you list a source.

Deleted
    Imo blizzard is one of the best gaming companies. They are dedicated to their games and constantly update/rebalance them. Also, they really don't like releasing unfinished games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They're kind of like the PC equivalent of Nintendo.
    This is how I see it as well. Blizzard and Nintendo are my two favorite gaming companies. Nothing else comes close in terms of gameplay and quality.

Too many studios focused on graphics over everything else. Recent gaming is plagued with lack of color, artstyle, and original gameplay design. The stylized games coming from Nintendo and Blizzard really stand out.
    HEROES NEVER DIE