Thread: Capping 50 90s!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well done. Impressive feat - something I certainly couldn't do - I get bored too quickly. I had many alts (14 or so) in WotLK, but couldn't get more than 1 to 85 in Cata, then stopped - I did have 5 accounts, then consolidated all the toons to 2 accounts, however.

It amuses me when people scream "no life" - it just takes focus.

heck, can't tell you how many mmo's I play and "could" level faster, but I get distracted too easily. I'm over 24 hours in on ESO for example and only level 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    The fact that you have 5 90's shows that you sacrifice something from those friends and family. What you said is just a REALLY backhanded compliment. It would be the same as me saying "Grats on the 5 90's it is very impressive but don't forget that your child's hockey games are more important to be at than capping a toon"....I said grats, but I also called you out on neglecting your kids, see how it's pretty fucked up?

Leveling takes very little time compared to gearing up characters as well. Someone who's got 1 or multiple heroic geared characters (like myself, I spend LOTS of time playing this game) probably spends as much or more time than this person leveling. Having 50 max level toons does not mean the person has no life, it means they use their free time in wow leveling characters.
    It's not "fucked up" if it's the truth. I don't get why so many people are butthurt over someone speaking the truth.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    I have a family, a job, friends to meet. No time to cap more than 5. Gz for doing this but don't forget that WoW is just a game and success in that does not mean a thing except that you play a lot.
    Your ignorance is very funny.

why do people think that because you have a lot of toons you have no life? This is a game, for most of us this is a HOBBY. Yes ladies and gents...a video game can be a hobby!!! With a HOBBY you put in a lot of time. If this is what OP likes to do, then by all means! Leveling doesn't take that long at all. You can play casually for 2 weeks and have a 90. Stop jumping the gun with things and make yourself look silly. That's like if I said "you work 60 hours a week? damn you must be poor to have to work that much!". k
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

15+ Year Old Account
    Managed to level 3 to 90 (paladin main, warrior and mage) and I used my paid boost on my 4th, dunno how long it will be before I get another 90 -,-

Congratulations anyway, if you are happy, fuck all the nay-sayers.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I just need to ask how? I can't imagine playing through the same content that many times, the game is pretty good, but 50 times? Nope.
    It's like watching a great movie 50 times over the course of the years.
    Or reading a great novel 50 times over the course of the years.
    Last edited by Shaani; 2014-04-07 at 09:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    That's pretty sad then. There's more to life than WoW, and the sooner people realise that the easier it will be when they eventually pull the plug.

Don't be that person that wakes up in 10 years time and thinks "shit, i've missed out on so much".
    Says a guy with over 3k posts on a gaming forum. Isn't it ironic?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    I have a family, a job, friends to meet. No time to cap more than 5. Gz for doing this but don't forget that WoW is just a game and success in that does not mean a thing except that you play a lot.
    Which you talk about behind their back from time to time with your wife (don't try to deny it heehee). I also know a lot of people that have many friends but it mostly gives them ammo to talk about what their friends aren't doing the right way. Just like people in this thread are saying to the OP.

His life his choices. If he regrets them later on it's nobody's bussiness unless he starts beating his girlfriend over it. And even then it's her and his problem alone.

I bet you can't wait for the next Love in the Air festival op.
    Big Love Rocket you know...
    "If you had the character cap (50) and ran this event every single day of the year you would get (a headache) and 700 attempts per year, so you would have to do the same for almost 5 years, and still you would only have around 63% to have seen it drop at least once."

Pretty good chance if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    Says a guy with over 3k posts on a gaming forum. Isn't it ironic?
    I doubt you understand how easy it is to have a high/er post count on a forum of a subject you're interested in somewhat. Count which is irrelevant in the end, because it takes 5 seconds to 5 minutes to concoct a post, not 30 hours.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Leveling in Vanilla is much more challenging (can't faceroll entire camps of MOBS). Also it takes much longer. Which makes reaching the level cap so much sweeter.
    Length =/= to Difficulty.

I've played since Vanilla early 2005, I still don't get the "VANILLA WAS HARD TO LEVEL!!!111" crowd. It really wasn't, it was just spaced apart without any real quest marker indication so it just took time to find shit or Thottbot.

Being slow doesn't make something sweeter.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Grats! Hell of an achievement!

You guys saying it can't be done - the game's been out 10 years. It can definitely be done if you really want to do it.

I think I'll stick to my 22 toons, because it's nice and neat - 1 of each class, both factions. Still got about 5 to level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

you must be one of the lucky ones
    -snip-

Mod-note: The discussion of or use of, bot programs, is not permitted by the guidelines.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-07 at 05:02 PM.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Nice achievement, well done

And too all haters, i have so many non politicly correct words to say that i would get banned for typing them here.

To ppl who think this cant be done, i have 13 lvl 90's, about 7-8 more on 80+. And i have hardly played in the last 4 months. Level 1-90 takes about 3 days played(for me solo), if you can do 16 hours per day it doesnt take that long to get 50. Especially if you had most of then 80+ already.

Deleted
    If you really (and I mean really) leveled all of them by yourself without using a bot even once, I have to admit: That's some nice dedication. Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by elfox View Post
    So I've been working on this for a while now, and I've finally made it.

Anyone else working on the same thing? And if so, how far are you?

EDIT: So, gonna clear this up. None of these characters were bought. One was boosted from 60 -> 90 with the WoD prepurchase.
    They are all on the same account, and I havn't/can't multibox.
    Grats Elfox! I'm at 10/50 so far, but I am working toward it slowly. I'm doing this because I want the guild achievements for race/class combos on my small family guild I started with my sons. They've made their toons (probably the only ones they'll want), but I've convinced them to help level at least to 85 for guild achievements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    These comments just make zero sense, it's all about how you use your time. Whereas you probably spend your time failing in LFR, he spent his leveling characters.
    This.

Big achivement OP. Grats. And just ignore people telling you to get a life or telling how awesome they are IRL. Everyone is equal when we all try to accomplish stuff in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm aiming for 22. I have 17 at the moment. I can't see the point in going anymore than 22. That's all 11 classes on both factions. Any more seems like a waste of time unless you really love the leveling process, which after 17 I do not.

I made it to 18. I have a few more 85+ I an easily level to 90 but, meh, probably won't be bothered.

Leveling is actually very easy. I just level until rested xp is used up, then log on another toon and repeat. It isn't that hard or time consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elfox View Post
    So I've been working on this for a while now, and I've finally made it.

Anyone else working on the same thing? And if so, how far are you?

EDIT: So, gonna clear this up. None of these characters were bought. One was boosted from 60 -> 90 with the WoD prepurchase.
    They are all on the same account, and I havn't/can't multibox.
    Just imagine if you used your powers for good instead of evil. Grats on reaching YOUR goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    Jeezus that dedication must be strong with you wow

INB4 someone rains on your parade and says you have no life
    OP pretty much announced that with 50 90s

On Topic: Congrats! I'm sure you are feeling accomplished at this point. That is quite a journey. I just feel bad for you though. Now if they make a new race or class, you will either have to kill a 90, or start a 2nd account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im curious, do you have a job? Because getting 50 level 90 characters seems like a job in and of itself. I can think of many other productive things to do with that time, but Grats anyway, for your dedication at least