Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As a 14/14h shadow priest that has used this ability quite a bit during progression, i'm happy for this. Really any excuse to be able to yell out 'get rid of our hybrid tax' makes me happy.

To the person saying that the global Drye uses has never won him an encounter, have you ever done bleeding edge content? I can't count how many 1%/at berserk wipes i've had during the first few weeks of new content. Top guilds usually underheal content just to make these checks. While void shifts may have saved wipes, its likely they could be just short of killing whatever they were attempting to kill. If everyone doesn't play perfectly during that progression its usually a wipe.

Deleted
    Saving Grace is rather interesting though. Reminds me a bit about Noble Sacrifice from Jedi Sage healer in SWTOR but more elegant and tied directly into the heal instead.

In gaming actions which have multiple usage (like a swiss army knife) are great in my book. For example in GW2 you have 5 active spells but most spells have 2 or 3 usage. Sometimes, you can use offensive, sometimes defensive, sometimes both. These options and choices provide depth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its great fun in PvP, one of my favourite spells, but never use it in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    These responses are funny. I'm 14/14H in a 25man group that contains three other Priests, two of which are healers with very good Monk/Warrior tanks. I've never Void Shifted anyone mid combat because I've never needed to. But of course, it absolutely must mean I'm terrible according to the pro's in this thread.
    I used to think like you, then I did challenge modes and saw how useful that spell was and now I use it more often. It's our Lay of Hands to save someone... used with a healthstone or desperate prayer it's one of our best cooldowns after pain suppression.

Plus obviously, in PVP it's a life saver, you void shift and you hide behind a pilar to heal yourself after.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2014-04-17 at 06:51 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I used to think like you, then I did challenge modes and saw how useful that spell was and now I use it more often. It's our Lay of Hands to save someone... used with a healthstone or desperate prayer it's one of our best cooldowns after pain suppression.

Plus obviously, in PVP it's a life saver, you void shift and you hide behind a pilar to heal yourself after.
    Yeah, it is a nice spell but my goodness is it buggy. I used it when lazily getting my challenge modes done, and I used it in Proving Grounds but every time I hit the spell there was always the concern that it simply wouldn't work due to latency, some other factor or purely due to spite. Saving Grace is provisionally more interesting and hopefully more reliable.

Does anyone know why a handful of level 87 talents are just being tossed while some are remaining (and are incredibly OP cds for their classes)?

I know that I've personally saved pulls with Void Shift a number of times this expansion. The first big one was during Heroic Lei Shi progression when the healers were all running on fumes and the tank with her had run out of personals, and *boop* I shadow priest Void Shifted the tank back to full.

That wasn't the only time it had happened. There's been at least one fight each tier where I've had the luxury of being cheered for saving the raid with a Void Shift. I still use it rather often in raids to this day, especially since getting a Brewmaster tank (those things love to get far too dangerously low). It's been a treat watching each healer app we've had see it go off and whisper me after the pull "I've never seen a shadow priest use Void Shift, I'm impressed."

All that being said, I'm mostly okay with seeing it go. It's a spell that maybe gets used once or twice (if even at all) in a raid night, most of the time on trash when healers are being slow to get up to the trash pulls after bosses. It's a button a lot of priests never used, and the ones that did actually use it loved it. With the way health pools appear to be going for WoD (stam basically giving double the HP it is now), Void Shift would probably be too good. That, and it's now one less keybind I have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steehl View Post
    I know that I've personally saved pulls with Void Shift a number of times this expansion. The first big one was during Heroic Lei Shi progression when the healers were all running on fumes and the tank with her had run out of personals, and *boop* I shadow priest Void Shifted the tank back to full.

That wasn't the only time it had happened. There's been at least one fight each tier where I've had the luxury of being cheered for saving the raid with a Void Shift. I still use it rather often in raids to this day, especially since getting a Brewmaster tank (those things love to get far too dangerously low). It's been a treat watching each healer app we've had see it go off and whisper me after the pull "I've never seen a shadow priest use Void Shift, I'm impressed."
    Sums up my opinion and experience, and you are in a top guild (one of the best rather casual raiding guilds with this progression AFAIK) so we have established at least one Shadow Priest in a top guild did use Void Shift regularly.

All that being said, I'm mostly okay with seeing it go. It's a spell that maybe gets used once or twice (if even at all) in a raid night, most of the time on trash when healers are being slow to get up to the trash pulls after bosses. It's a button a lot of priests never used, and the ones that did actually use it loved it. With the way health pools appear to be going for WoD (stam basically giving double the HP it is now), Void Shift would probably be too good. That, and it's now one less keybind I have.
    Wouldn't use it on trash. Means its on CD on the pull and I don't like having anything I may use on CD on a pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    If I remember correctly Drye said on FinalBoss that he doesn't even have it binded. So go PM him with some useful tips on how to play his class, I bet he really needs them.
    Then he is retarded and Im glad I dont raid with him.

Quote Originally Posted by MyCelar View Post
    Then he is retarded and Im glad I dont raid with him.
    Yep. 25+ H Garrosh kills. You suck so bad Drye. Bind Void Shift and stop the badness...

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Yep. 25+ H Garrosh kills. You suck so bad Drye. Bind Void Shift and stop the badness...
    No offence, but not everyone who has killed hc Garrosh multiple times is a guru at their class. And even the best players make mistakes and can be misguided in some ways. Being able to raid at that level comes mostly down to having the time to do so, knowing the right people and being able to learn the basics.

That said I have huge respect for Drye, but just because he doesn't bind Void Shift doesn't mean he wouldn't be a greater asset to his raid group if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Just because he doesn't bind Void Shift doesn't mean he wouldn't be a greater asset to his raid group if he did.
    I agree. The same way that someone is not retarded for not binding an extremely situational spell.

I am sorry but Drye really is bad if he does not have void shift binded. There are plenty of bad players who get carried to 14/14 hc and he could be one of them.
    I know some players who have killed hc garrosh 100+ times (alt runs + main runs) and I wouldnt say they are great players.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

The 2 GCDs (+reaction/targetting time) you spend on VS+Desperate Prayer won't do anything amazing that two flash heals (or equivalent) won't do, without risking backfire.
    Since neither VS nor Desperate Prayer is on the GCD i'm not sure quite how that adds up to 2 GCDs. 0+0=2?

I have never cast Void Shift, not even to see the visual effect. It is not on any of my bars.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    I am sorry but Drye really is bad if he does not have void shift binded. There are plenty of bad players who get carried to 14/14 hc and he could be one of them.
    I know some players who have killed hc garrosh 100+ times (alt runs + main runs) and I wouldnt say they are great players.
    Drye is known to be a padder, not someone who goes out of their way for the team with class utility spells. Different type of player.

This thread gets better each day. Keep up the good work kids! Always worth coming to mmoC for great laughs.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    This thread gets better each day. Keep up the good work kids! Always worth coming to mmoC for great laughs.
    I do find it funny that people deify you - and try to interpret your will and actions based on things they think they heard you say once

Years from now we will all be playing Titan, and I'll have threads saying,
    "I think that Drye didn't like Strawberries - will eating Strawberries lower my DPS?" and I'll respond,
    "If anything, eating Strawberries will increase your DPS because fresh strawberries are delicious! ", and then someone will post,
    "Actually, the GCD it takes you to bite a strawberry during combat reduces your dexterity to a single hand during that GCD potentially lowering your DPS - therefore we know that Drye would never eat a strawberry!"

It will be fun times
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I do find it funny that people deify you - and try to interpret your will and actions based on things they think they heard you say once

Years from now we will all be playing Titan, and I'll have threads saying,
    "I think that Drye didn't like Strawberries - will eating Strawberries lower my DPS?" and I'll respond,
    "If anything, eating Strawberries will increase your DPS because fresh strawberries are delicious! ", and then someone will post,
    "Actually, the GCD it takes you to bite a strawberry during combat reduces your dexterity to a single hand during that GCD potentially lowering your DPS - therefore we know that Drye would never eat a strawberry!"

It will be fun times
    Instead of clarifying his view on said topic, he should totally just post ' LOL KIDDIEZ THREAD '. That will surely stop any mis-information being spread .

I personally have no idea what he has said, if you read my post I specifically said "IF" he has not got his void shift binded. Just thought maybe if there is mis-information being spread it would be better for him to set it straight.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Instead of clarifying his view on said topic, he should totally just post ' LOL KIDDIEZ THREAD '.
    Right but, I think he enjoys the ego boost of being perceived as infallible just a bit

I personally have no idea what he has said, if you read my post I specifically said "IF" he has not got his void shift binded.
    I know you did, and for what it's worth - I already mentioned in this thread that if you aren't using void shift, you aren't playing your class to its fullest potential

The Cult of Drye is still entertaining
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter