Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    I haven't played in about two years.

I can, without any ifs, buts, mights, or maybes; state that I could resub at 85, navigate the nonsense that is guilds now and kill the last heroic raid in current WoW.

Without question.

You guys spend just as much time as we did, it's just not as good and you get nothing worthwhile for the time spent.
    What do did players get from the time spent in Vanilla versus now. We still have higher item level gear, achievements. mounts, and everything else. We also spend way less time playing wow then Vanilla players. Btw its a video game nothing obtain in it matters.

"Hardcore" people are just pissed off at the fact that they can play all day, but still not reach the status of being a god among insects in terms of power and bling anymore. They want more losers dressed in greens bowing to them. WoW-republicans, really.
    Mother pus bucket!

Harder would be intelligent AI like Halo's or Firefall, removal of centralized tanking and healing, requiring aiming for spells and ability to block attacks at will.

If by harder you were thinking more grind, then that's just grindier.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    "Hardcore" people are just pissed off at the fact that they can play all day, but still not reach the status of being a god among insects in terms of power and bling anymore. They want more losers dressed in greens bowing to them. WoW-republicans, really.
    Except none of those people are even arguing here. The vast majority of people who are annoyed with the changes and complaining aren't even the ones pushing top tier progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

You didn't have to be GOOD to get a legendary before
    You still needed to play and to maneuver yourself into a position to get the opportunity. If you can't acknowledge the difference I actually feel at least some pity for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    The problem with such a view is that it doesn't feed my narcissism if the rest are able to get by so easily and unfortunately for such a view as yours, I'm not alone in this game.
    Fortunately--for such a view as mine--it's not speculation but is a reality. Moreover, a reality that is unlikely to change.

- - - Updated - - -

I've always thought the point of games is to have some sort of challenge. Now should that ruin your fun, of course not, but then again it might not be the game at fault if you decide to quit, specially when we are talking about WoW.
    The point of a game--any game--is actually a transaction between the designer and the player. You want challenge out of your side of the transaction. That doesn't make games that offer something else less games. It just makes them games that you are less likely to be interested in.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The problem with such a view is that it doesn't feed my narcissism if the rest are able to get by so easily and unfortunately for such a view as yours, I'm not alone in this game.
    While you are not alone, you are in the small minority. A game cannot be designed around players like you, and players like me won't put up with a game that serves players like you.

Perhaps you could find a niche game somewhere that's more to your taste. Maybe they could implement NPCs in the game that would look like bad players, who could say things to stoke your ego. I should patent that idea.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Also gear is not being handed out like candy. LFR gear is actually WORSE relative to normal and hc gear than what DUNGEON GEAR used to be.

Honestly the only people that feel that way must be people that can't do very simple math to compare ilvls, and obviously don't seriously raid because even a normal raider must notice the enormous ilvl and power gap between LFR and normal gear.

Deleted
    The definition of "hard" is very vague currently -- the era people thought to themselves that WoW was "hard" back in the old days during vanilla, wasn´t actually hard at all, it was only because of all players being inexperienced. If you take a look at the mechanics during a boss fight during Classic WoW or even TBC, then you´ll figure out that they have made it a lot more difficult -- atleast boss mechanic wise, which, in my opinion, is the right call. Making rotations or priority systems "harder" wouldn´t make the game more enganging, atleast not in my eyes -- boss mechanics does though. (which I believe they have increasingly more difficult over the years)

They should discuss making wow harder with players who have completed all raids at the highest possible difficulty. The last thing they should do is discuss making wow harder with a bunch of forum warriors who haven't done any of the games hardest content yet think the game should be harder. Which is true for 99% if not 100% of these threads OPs.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Does harder really mean more fun? Now, very easy doesn't mean fun either but there is a good balance in between.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

They should make world a bit less predictable, they are balancing all mobs to get killed in same amount of time, say between 10 to 15 seconds. So boring. They should be random elite annoying mobs here and there in world so you try to dodge them and sort of stay on your toes on some places, that used to be fun.
    Last edited by Xjev; 2014-04-06 at 09:12 PM.

Deleted
    -painfully simple skill trees
    Agreed.

-gold handed out like candy
    For the most part, gold has always been pretty easy to get.

-gear handed out like candy
    By gear, do you mean epics? Because we've had welfare epics since Burning Crusade.

-mounts handed out like candy
    wat.... mounts have always been easy to get.

-titles handed out like candy
    wat. Big difference between noob titles like the patient and hard to get titles such as Death's Demise.

-removal of "complex" stats
    Agreed

-raid buffs all homogenized, require zero thought or knowledge anymore
    It required knowledge to click buffs in raids?

-legendary gear that grandma can get
    Legendary have been easy to get since BC. Killing Illidan in 2.4.3 and getting lucky took so much skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Isn't mythic raiding going to make it "harder"?
    No, it is literally current heroic with a new name.

End game raiding is already pretty challenging, this xpac end game has been probably the hardest i've seen, and i've played pretty hardcore since TBC. That being said, I have heard that Mythics are going to be very very unforgiving in terms of difficulty. I am pleased, but I don't think they should punish the casuals/people who only raid 1-2 nights a week. Keep the Mythics very hard with huge learning curves and keep the regs/heroics less so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    No, it is literally current heroic with a new name.
    While you are correct, Mythic raiding will in-fact be harder than what heroic raiding currently is. Said from Blizzard themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The completion rates for heroic raid content while current shows the difficulty is still there, as much as the elitists try to deny it.
    You being good does not do anything to prove that the game is too easy, since you are in the minority.
    Why should there be more effort aimed at only a small minority.
    Ah the "one aspect of the game is hard so we can ignore the other 90%" argument.

Where do you guys get the idea from that people who have finished the content (for quite a time now) a) don't post in this kinds of threads and b) would agree with the current difficulty?

Many people are annoyed by the tuning and the curve of the HC content, but they are still a minority and Blizzard has to decide if they spend their ressources on that minority, but content like pet battles, scenarious are more or less optional, why shouldn't very hard content be optional too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift- View Post
    The definition of "hard" is very vague currently -- the era people thought to themselves that WoW was "hard" back in the old days during vanilla, wasn´t actually hard at all, it was only because of all players being inexperienced. If you take a look at the mechanics during a boss fight during Classic WoW or even TBC, then you´ll figure out that they have made it a lot more difficult -- atleast boss mechanic wise, which, in my opinion, is the right call. Making rotations or priority systems "harder" wouldn´t make the game more enganging, atleast not in my eyes -- boss mechanics does though. (which I believe they have increasingly more difficult over the years)
    Agreed.

Vanilla wasn't "hard", the only reason it seemed like it was difficult was all those times people wiped on the likes of Ragnaros without proper gear with fire resistance, or doing Naxx without every alchemy buff under the sun. As soon as people hit a required gear level the hard instances became a cakewalk. Stuff just took longer to get back then due to the massive gating and farming.

Whenever people talk about making games hard or just difficulty in games generally, I like to link to this video:

But considering that not very many people complete Heroic, soon to be Mythic, there isn't much of an audience for even harder raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW appeals to everyone. It is very casual at the core, so that you can 3 button your way to downing Garrosh for every spec and every role (LFR, <-1700 arenas) but it is also hard enough that you really have to try and learn your spec perfectly and have your team work that well together to reach the highest end difficulty things - proving grounds, arena 2K+, hm garrosh etc

And everything inbetween.