High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up A question about WoD

Ok, i remember reading somewhere in the patch notes of the expansion that blizzard are going to scale down all the huge numbers (damage\HP bars\Mana bars) of everything and also the stats given from items (like 200 hundred Int insted of 85 gazillion)
    can someone please get me a link about it so i can further read or just explain the little details himself?

in case i just dreamt about such a thing at night then im sorry for wasting your time and you can lock this right now.
    also, ive allready tried google, no smart ass links to it please.
    BoomShakalaka

Deleted
    Its on the front page of this very website

It's called the "stat squish," and Blizzard talks about it (among many, many other systems and class changes) in their blog with the Warlords of Draenor Alpha 6.0 patch notes. You can see it here. The section on the stat squish is only a small portion of the massive 33-page blog, which includes changes to healing, hit and expertise removal, changes to agility, intellect, and strength, removed and altered abilities for each class, and so forth.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwick View Post
    Its on the front page of this very website
    so im even dumber than i thuoght.
    ive just found this shield for example from those notes, its got around 2k armor (fair..) and around 200 stamina and 100 str (again, fair.)
    but then theres this hunter gun with 60k~120k damage.
    what does that mean? are we still going to deal huge amounts or damage? and walk around with million HP?

- - - Updated - - -

allright, thanks everyone here that helped.

For example, your Fireball that previously hit a creature for 450,000 out of its 3,000,000 health (15% of its health), may now hit that same creature for 30,000 out of its 200,000 health (still 15% of its health). In effect, you will still be just as powerful, but the numbers that appear will be more easily parsed.

still high as hell IMO, but i guess that more players like progressing with numbers.
    i still think that TBC stats (players going around with 10k hp pools) were the best, or maby the WOTLK stats max, high numbers make my head hurt lol.

anyways thanks alot.
    BoomShakalaka

Quote Originally Posted by Caraco View Post
    so im even dumber than i thuoght.
    ive just found this shield for example from those notes, its got around 2k armor (fair..) and around 200 stamina and 100 str (again, fair.)
    but then theres this hunter gun with 60k~120k damage.
    what does that mean? are we still going to deal huge amounts or damage? and walk around with million HP?
    Those aren't the official notes- those are datamined items from the Alpha files, and may not be accurate. If you want Blizzard's explanation of the stat squish, you need to go read the official blog and notes release, here.

Important factors, though, are this:

We will have less agility, intellect, and strength, so even if weapon damage is high, the rest of our scaling will go down. Players will have more health relative to damage and healing.

Some early reports from a few months ago cited around 45k health at level 90, so no, we won't be seeing a million HP. Maybe a hundred thousand, in full raid gear, depending on scaling.

Once we actually get into beta/alpha, we will have a better idea of what the actual numbers will be like.