Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Draenor is Seriously Lacking Mushroom Caps.

Anyone who has played Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 will know what im talking about. Most of the missions in outland/draenor take place around Mushroom Trees.... It gave the world a more alien vibe and I want that vibe to return....

And no, a few mushrooms here and there around zangarmarsh doesnt cut it. If I wanted palm trees I would go back to azeroth.

Im begging blizzard to please respect lore and stop retconning.

If Tanan Jungle is missing these types of trees it will be very hard to relate it back to the warcraft universe...

If skeptical here are some images.

Last edited by ManOluck; 2014-04-06 at 07:20 PM.

Yeah, it's always made me a bit sad. It was a really fun little feature of Draenor. I understand fleshing the planet out and adding more variety, but that didn't need to come at the cost of having little to no examples of the original look (which was there even before the planet exploded at the end of Warcraft II). There's a reason both of my imaginary new Outland zones on my website at least involve mushrooms, if not reddish deserts and green water.

10+ Year Old Account
    game isn't even in beta yet and you complain :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The time is now to bring these things to the Devs attention. Else it will be forgotten. Details like this DO matter to people that want to be taken back to the old warcraft 2 days and will only serve to increase that sense of nostalgia that this expansion is trying to bring.

I second mushroom caps. Hope they add them.

eat some shrooms and you will be okay
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Deleted
    Yeah, as soon as I saw this, I cancelled my subscription and sent Blizzard an angry e-mail. I will now also post this on the official forums, so everyone can see how upset I am.

Well, we havent played on it. So how do we know mushroom caps arent there?
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    How dare he demand consistency and accurate lore foliage! He should definitely hold his tongue until map design far in to development making it more difficult for them to adjust!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Kara View Post
    Well, we havent played on it. So how do we know mushroom caps arent there?
    considering the map is already viewable for draenor I dont see what is wrong with letting blizzard know that lore isn't being respected. At least from a visual POV.

In all fairness, now is the best time to do that, before it gets too far into beta or release. I can understand people complaining about something, as long as they back it up with reasonable arguments. This is one such occurrence.

Also, OP, I'd HIGHLY suggest posting to the actualy blizz forums, otherwise your concerns aren't likely to be noted.
    Last edited by Redlokyldoreifanggore; 2014-04-06 at 07:27 PM.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Deleted
    Better to bring something up now than later, the more time passes the less likely it becomes that they will do something with any feedback for the level design. Once they are pretty much finish it's very unlikely that they'll go and add stuff to the zones.

OT: I do like the shrooms and would love to see them, but I suppose I can live without them.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2014-04-06 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    considering the map is already viewable for draenor I dont see what is wrong with letting blizzard know that lore isn't being respected. At least from a visual POV.
    No, because this was after the orcs got into contact with the demon blood; where draenor was already a mess before it exploded. Hellfire Peninsula isn't even hellfire yet, because the whole zone isn't tainted with the fel-energy yet. So maybe there weren't so many mushrooms yet. It is the same as the Plaguewoods in the Eastern Plaguelands: the Mushrooms there were very very small or non-existant, but a few years later there were gigantic. The same could be the case in Draenor:

Universal Law in Warcraft: Corruption let Mushrooms grow!

O.o I'd hate to be Gimlix, he was attacked fairly quick.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Deleted
    Well to be honest these shrroms we know about are from Zangarmash and otehr areas, BUT mostly thats caused by the exposion caused by the portals and the energy released. So these shrroms are more like mutants.
    People dont forget - we are going in the past Draenor, before the explosion, before it even bacame Outland, so ther ei sno need to have such shroom things there.
    Im sorry that im the one who broke it for a

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Well to be honest these shrroms we know about are from Zangarmash and otehr areas, BUT mostly thats caused by the exposion caused by the portals and the energy released. So these shrroms are more like mutants.
    People dont forget - we are going in the past Draenor, before the explosion, before it even bacame Outland, so ther ei sno need to have such shroom things there.
    Im sorry that im the one who broke it for a
    There were shrooms before the explosion of draenor.

I am really sick of these comments..

Umm, people were screaming about MoP as soon as it was officially announced, and this thread bothers you?

Also, when should we 'complain' if not during the development phase? After the development phase, when it's too late? That makes no sense, good sir.

I miss my 'shroomy Draenor. There are hundreds of different 'shroom species they could've drawn from for variety but noo, dull trees everywhere.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I'm not a fan of shrooms. Sure they were cool in Zangarmarsh, but that's were the pleasure of shrooms ends for me. Also, we've had forest in Outland since forever, why demand mushrooms now?