Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Definitely better this way. One's gotta admit -> WoD is not for nostalgia - it's to bring the old Warcraft Games to people who never played them. Mostly people who probably complained about Pandaria. So? Do you think it would be totally cool for a company to bring out Mushroomland after Pandaland? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzdoctor View Post
    The water level dropped when Draenor was torn apart - not a retcon.
    Draenei were inhabiting throughout zangarmarsh before it was torn apart - retcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

maybe that hellfire jungle zone is actually a mushroom jungle? its the only place i can think of that they might put mushrooms in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think the mushroom forests of Warcraft's 2 Draenor have probably been retconned a bit in favor of a primordial jungle instead. Makes a bit more sense, although I can understand the feeling of a bit of continuity slippage.
    Nah, we know that lore-wise, by the time the events of Beyond the Dark Portal took place, Hellfire was a barren wasteland (in fact the whole planet was described as such - we know this was retconned in TBC). I reckon the 'shrooms were mainly put in place because there was a need to allow gathering of lumber due to the gameplay mechanics.

Hellfire nowadays does sport some mushroom stems here and there. If I remember correctly, there are a couple just west of the Temple of Telhamat.

Deleted
    Please give us shrooms blizzard!

At the very least I hope to see more mushrooms in the ocean and on the shores all around Draenor, not only in Zangar Sea. If they establish them as aquatic and then 80% of the shallows have standard sand textures and algae, it will feel a bit cheap. With every single zone having a border connection to the ocean, and all those juggernaughts we'll probably have quests for, it will be hard not to notice. The mushroom should be a silent presence in open water, like the gigantic sea life you can see in several zones around Pandaria.

I've seen a mushroom grove in the north of Shadowmoon and a few tiny mushrooms on the shores of Spires of Arrakk, so hopefully this will be the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both images from post-demonic rape of Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Anyone who has played Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 will know what im talking about. Most of the missions in outland/draenor take place around Mushroom Trees.... It gave the world a more alien vibe and I want that vibe to return....

And no, a few mushrooms here and there around zangarmarsh doesnt cut it. If I wanted palm trees I would go back to azeroth.

Im begging blizzard to please respect lore and stop retconning.

If Tanan Jungle is missing these types of trees it will be very hard to relate it back to the warcraft universe...

If skeptical here are some images.

*snip*
    Those screenies look better than the alpha WoD ones. Much agreed on the mushrooms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    WoD is not for nostalgia .
    As far as I could tell, nostalgia was the entire premise.

By the way, is anyone else hoping that the mushroom area between Talador and Frostfire will serve as a Garrison location?

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Those screenies look better than the alpha WoD ones. Much agreed on the mushrooms.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I could tell, nostalgia was the entire premise.
    No, the premise of the expansion is to allow players who did not play the original RTS games to experience the old warcraft lore that they never got to experience.

How am I experiencing nostalgia playing WoD when I never played the original RTS games to begin with?

Sure, a few players will have played them and they will experience nostalgia. But the PREMISE of the expac was to deliver the "old story" to "new players." New players meaning anyone who started in Classic or later, which if you ask me, is not very "new" at all. XD

As mentioned already, Draenor got retconned a long time ago. It's a shame but that's how it is *shrug*

Deleted
    Well mumper tweeted that he reckons we'll be seeing shrooms.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2014-04-09 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    No, the premise of the expansion is to allow players who did not play the original RTS games to experience the old warcraft lore that they never got to experience.

How am I experiencing nostalgia playing WoD when I never played the original RTS games to begin with?

Sure, a few players will have played them and they will experience nostalgia. But the PREMISE of the expac was to deliver the "old story" to "new players." New players meaning anyone who started in Classic or later, which if you ask me, is not very "new" at all. XD
    If familiarity doesn't matter, why reintroduce it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    game isn't even in beta yet and you complain :O
    Major changes don't happen after beta hits.
    Last edited by Callace; 2014-04-09 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    game isn't even in beta yet and you complain :O
    Screenshots of the zones were up for a limited time. Not a mushshroom in sight.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    Screenshots of the zones were up for a limited time. Not a mushshroom in sight.
    There were small mushroom areas in Talador and Shadowmoon Valley.