Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Just for your information:

Comparing two kills is in no way a proper means for assessing which build does more damage.

That is the reason why theorycrafting relies on simulation tools to simulate tenthousands of fights in order to evaluate builds.

Of course, there are subjective aspects like the
    "right" feeling, but you really should not base your decision on the comparison between numbers of this week and last week.

Nevertheless, what was said in the posts above is definitely true and different builds may deliver different numbers for certain fight situations.

Keep also in mind that, for single target fights, the dps distribution of a mastery build and of a haste build overlap and share quite a large portion of possible dps numbers with the haste build simply having higher numbers on average.

Just sim it

that will give you the best way for your stats to be distributed for maximum potential dps

Quote Originally Posted by Yertillon View Post
    Just sim it

that will give you the best way for your stats to be distributed for maximum potential dps
    Im not so sure how trustworthy simcraft is thesedays, since it one time gave me 2x crit rating over mastery and haste

Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    Im not so sure how trustworthy simcraft is thesedays, since it one time gave me 2x crit rating over mastery and haste
    SimCraft is fine, consider more iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    SimCraft is fine, consider more iterations.
    Or better Simulation options. If you're picking pure AoE spam fights than crit will probably come up trumps. You need to go for like... 2x add helta skelta or something like that to get accurate sims.

I have a different SimC profile for each fight in SoO.

I think I was following the simcraft guide by Evrelia. Do you guys think 10k iterations is too low?

Don't worry, the searing totem buff in WoD will save us!

I think there are only 2 fights in SoO(galakras and protectors) that cleave dmg has any real impact on killing the boss or not killing the boss...The rest is just meter whoring for ranks ;]

As alliance(no berzerking;[) I have found every single target reforge plot(different gear levels) to put haste>mastery up to or over 40%haste and from a personal play style I have found 40% ish haste +max mastery to "feel" right(even though sims with my gear and UF show adding even more haste to be higher dps).

As far as trinkets... My H-WF BBoY way out performs my N-WF Ktotem... I had hoped to get a H-Ktotem to RL test(as it is supposed to be slightly ahead of WF BBoY) but... dat 10m ;[

______________________________________________________________________________________
    I am Çhubathingy of <Royal Militia> on KT - 14/14H, US22nd 10m, we are recruiting all classes for WoD!

immerseus, protectors, sha, galakras, shamans, spoils, siege, garrosh.

I feel like all of the above require cleave/aoe from an ele shaman to be smooth prog kills. If you have some hot shit warlock in your group maybe not so much, but even then on prog we still had 2 ele shamans smashing CL into any AoE packs, it was really required.

That being said; times may have changed, it's an individual question.

If you are having trouble on a particular prog fight, SimC for that fight. Control the options/settings in such a way that it mimics the fight duration/kill targets etc. as closely as possible to your real scenario.

I really strongly agree in the "feels right" statement. If you are finding that adds blow up too fast for you to even touch, go more haste, if you find your group is struggling on spoils because you're being overwhelmed aim for more mastery/int. Get to a point that you can constantly push your DPS and just keep changing it up to suit your playstyle. But as always, SimC is probably your best resource for 'testing' the limits of your toon.