Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MM Patch not look ill-concieved

The biggest worry for me is, why release patch notes like this? They know it's just going infuriate their player base. MM looks like a heap of ruin in those patch notes. So, MM now has Steady shot, Aimed shot and Chimera shot? We all know that can't go live. So, why release such unfinished notes leaving people scratching their heads?

Survival looks ok, but the loss of Kill shot? I don't understand that at all. The Hunter changes seem like an ignorant mess of "Not sure what I'm doing, don't play Hunter, sos, whatevar!"

There is no way in hell who ever wrote these Hunter patch notes has played a Hunter.

Firstly, Steady shot and Cobra need to go or need reworking. As it stands now, casting 1.8 seconds for 8k damage is just cumbersome and wretchedly boring. Does anyone here think Steady/Cobra is even slightly fun or interesting? It isn't, we all know it isn't. It would be bearable if the damage weren't horrible, making the casting of these feel like work not fun.

MM with Chimera shot? Firstly, this shot no longer has anything to do with a Chimera. It's as boring as it is pointless. It's a bland shot that does good damage and heals a little. What exactly does Chimera shot have to do with Marksmanship? The answer: ZERO! Give us something like, Snipe...

Snipe: 15-60 yard range. Does more damage the farther away the target is.
    2 second cast time. This obviously came off the top of my head. But, you get the gist. MM should have something like this as a signature.
    Special: Casting Snipe does not break Camo. If the target is farther than 50 yards away they are dazed for 5 seconds and dismounted.

MM needs more work than what we've seen in the Alpha notes. Why would they put out such unfinished ill-conceived drivel even as Alpha patch notes?

Blizzard, stop where you are, I'm begging you. Sit down and put some thought into this. If you had spent 20 minutes on the phone with any top rated MM Hunter or even a Heroic raiding Hunter, you would have a lot better idea about what you are doing. As of now, reading the current Alpha notes it appears as if you are grasping for straws in the dark with lobster claws.

Stop making such unenlightened patch notes, it's making you look like a cut-rate MMO designer instead of the powerhouse Immortals you once were.

With the Alpha release coming out and datamining impending, they had to release the patch notes and blog, or else risk players first look at the changes being through context-less datamining. This is why they released the patch notes- not to "upset the playerbase" but to offer an explanation and context for the changes.

You don't have to agree with the changes they're making to see that most classes are losing abilities and cooldowns, and that we're in the very early stages of beta where everything is subject to feedback, iteration, and change.

You want an ability that will be hamstrung in close quarters to replace chimera shot? While sadly I don't think you'll be alone, I do think you'll be in the minority for this. Too many drawbacks (Hey, would somebody heal Hunter Bob? Can't, the idiot's out of range again trying to pimp his sniper shot.).

Chimera lost its chimera aspects due to the fact that they weren't that interesting/stings were removed. They could simply rename it, but they also try to avoid confusing people who are returning to the game too much.

As for the work it needs, sorry man, but I refuse to believe that you can adequately form a picture of how it works by just reading notes. As things are, you don't even know how the rebalanced secondary stats are going to affect you.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    You want an ability that will be hamstrung in close quarters to replace chimera shot? While sadly I don't think you'll be alone, I do think you'll be in the minority for this. Too many drawbacks (Hey, would somebody heal Hunter Bob? Can't, the idiot's out of range again trying to pimp his sniper shot.).
    Like I said, it was off the top of my head and I took about 27 seconds to draw it up. But, it was meant to give you an idea where MM should be. Chimera isn't the answer. It's boring and pointless and has nothing at all do with MM.

Chimera lost its chimera aspects due to the fact that they weren't that interesting/stings were removed. They could simply rename it, but they also try to avoid confusing people who are returning to the game too much.
    I know, I've been playing Hunter for over 8 years.

As for the work it needs, sorry man, but I refuse to believe that you can adequately form a picture of how it works by just reading notes. As things are, you don't even know how the rebalanced secondary stats are going to affect you.
    I have been playing for 8 years. I have an idea that the patch notes like uneducated rubbish written someone that's hasn't the foggiest idea about MM hunter gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

You don't have to agree with the changes they're making to see that most classes are losing abilities and cooldowns, and that we're in the very early stages of beta where everything is subject to feedback, iteration, and change.
    Here's what I've never understood about this... they've been working on WoD for a LONG time. Yet they keep talking about how designs change, etc. Now, I get that numbers get refined, designers overlook how A affects G when the game is assembled... but there's really no excuse for getting this far into development and having basic design stuff still up in the air.

A simple example - SV losing Kill Shot obviously means it's the one hunter spec without an execute. For close, DPS race bosses where you're right at the point of a kill at enrage, this might be a big deal. So, what's their plan here? If they get into beta and go "Oh, yeah, we've added an execute to SV" doesn't that indicate a lack of thorough design thought? Shouldn't they be thinking class revamps like this (not just hunter, but everyone's) through a lot more carefully?

Deleted
    My first impression is that MM Turret will be too strong.

I'm at fault of setting my expectations way too high. I was expecting CA and ISS to get the chop, they provide unrewarding gameplay. Sadly not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

A simple example - SV losing Kill Shot obviously means it's the one hunter spec without an execute. For close, DPS race bosses where you're right at the point of a kill at enrage, this might be a big deal. So, what's their plan here? If they get into beta and go "Oh, yeah, we've added an execute to SV" doesn't that indicate a lack of thorough design thought? Shouldn't they be thinking class revamps like this (not just hunter, but everyone's) through a lot more carefully?
    Kill shot was a shitty execute for hunters and your example is flawed. Also we don't know yet that survival won't have a execute. The conclusions that people come to are truly amazing . It's way to early to tell. I can see this post making sense later in beta but we just don't know
    Last edited by Kissthebaby; 2014-04-06 at 09:01 PM.

Why on earth would you want to replace an instant shot with yet another cast time shot?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Kill shot was a shitty execute for hunters and your example is flawed. Also we don't know yet that survival won't have a execute. The conclusions that people come to are truly amazing . It's way to early to tell. I can see this post making sense later in beta but we just don't know
    Ah yes, Kisstheblizzard is posting.

I'll use small words so you can understand: *Right now* SV has no execute. It might later, but my point is that this is a design decision that should be a done deal by now vs being changed throughout beta.

It's not relevant whether KS is a good or bad execute, it's only relevant that they don't seem able to design classes and get the design complete and mostly right before beta. This isn't the only example at all - they've mentioned at various points that everything from flying to garrisons to professions are not nailed down.

Oh and the reason you don't want to iterate on design too far into beta is because then you're not actually testing the later decisions for very long since, by definition, they're new. It's one thing to introduce a new thing at the start of beta... do it a month before live and you simply aren't going to get that latter feature tested as well as a feature that's been in since beta starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Ah yes, Kisstheblizzard is posting.

I'll use small words so you can understand: *Right now* SV has no execute. It might later, but my point is that this is a design decision that should be a done deal by now vs being changed throughout beta.

It's not relevant whether KS is a good or bad execute, it's only relevant that they don't seem able to design classes and get the design complete and mostly right before beta. This isn't the only example at all - they've mentioned at various points that everything from flying to garrisons to professions are not nailed down.

Oh and the reason you don't want to iterate on design too far into beta is because then you're not actually testing the later decisions for very long since, by definition, they're new. It's one thing to introduce a new thing at the start of beta... do it a month before live and you simply aren't going to get that latter feature tested as well as a feature that's been in since beta starts.
    Epic joke. I liked the part where you tied my name with blizzard it was a good laugh. They are never going to get anything "mostly" right before beta, it's never going to happen and for you to expect that is absurd.

Deleted
    The only "kind of" issue with Cobra Shot is its cast time : unlike MM, SV and BM aren't cast time powerhouses, so the 2 seconds should really get decreased, or even removed, since it makes SV and BM extremely "haste-dependant", and that's not a fun gearing strategy (plus it really breaks the pace of BM's and SV's fast rotation).

i'm just glad they FINALLY got rid of aoth. that stupid band-aid buff they kept applying every other patch got tiresome long ago.

You're over reacting. Hunters didn't get it that bad in the patch notes. They bring out the patch notes early for constructive criticism and sanity checking. Hunters got off relatively easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Epic joke. I liked the part where you tied my name with blizzard it was a good laugh. They are never going to get anything "mostly" right before beta, it's never going to happen and for you to expect that is absurd.
    ROFL Kisstheblizzard, awesome. Amazing how heated folks get over FIRST ALPHA PATCH NOTES. Settle down kiddos, hunters aren't going to be garbage and every other class got neutered in their CDs/abilities as well, it's the change that's coming over with Warlords!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe this is why Blizzard says they don't like giving out information quickly. Because people jump on it like it's the loosest whore going!

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Why on earth would you want to replace an instant shot with yet another cast time shot?
    1) To make the game interesting again.
    2) To feel like I'm playing a marksman hunter again
    3) Why would you want to keep an ability as bland as Chimera shot? It could be called "Fun shot" and make as much sense as it does as "Chimera Shot".
    4) I don't think spamming Aimed shot and Steady shot while weaving in CHimeras sounds all that fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    so you want Chimera shot re-named to snipe?

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    so you want Chimera shot re-named to snipe?

Nope. I want a shot that is fun and feels like it even belongs in the game. Chimera shot has no place in the game as it is. It's a boring single target damage ability with a very small heal attached. Remove it from the game and spend at least 12 minutes to think of something better. But, Blizzard doesn't have 12 minutes to spare. So, Chimera shot will stay and remain dumb and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    ROFL Kisstheblizzard, awesome. Amazing how heated folks get over FIRST ALPHA PATCH NOTES. Settle down kiddos, hunters aren't going to be garbage and every other class got neutered in their CDs/abilities as well, it's the change that's coming over with Warlords!
    I hope you aren't referring to me in this, because I agree with I'm the one trying to spread this message to the people saying sky is falling, our class is dead.

You seem to have a general problem with the MM kit as it stands - and likely would have been discontent regardless of what made it into the patch notes. Your complaints could all be applied to the spec as it exists right this instant.

They've said time and time again we're not getting a full revamp. So we don't get a full revamp, and you're surprised?