Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Nope. I want a shot that is fun and feels like it even belongs in the game. Chimera shot has no place in the game as it is. It's a boring single target damage ability with a very small heal attached. Remove it from the game and spend at least 12 minutes to think of something better. But, Blizzard doesn't have 12 minutes to spare. So, Chimera shot will stay and remain dumb and boring.
    All you're doing is sounding like angry little kid, these are alpha notes. They're not final and most certainly prone to change. Also, implying that a finished product should be available for beta is rediculous. Beta is for testing both for technical bugs and game mechanics that the developer is not 100% on.

Pull your head out your ass and stop making pointless opinionated rant threads like this. There's already an alpha changes thread where you could have posted this dribble instead of cluttering up the board with yet another pointless whine thread.

Deleted
    It's an Alpha. Things change in an Alpha.

Mind blown? Deal with it.

1) To make the game interesting again.
    2) To feel like I'm playing a marksman hunter again
    3) Why would you want to keep an ability as bland as Chimera shot? It could be called "Fun shot" and make as much sense as it does as "Chimera Shot".
    4) I don't think spamming Aimed shot and Steady shot while weaving in CHimeras sounds all that fun.
    you do know that MM hunter has the same playstyle they had since Wotlk (Or even before)
    i cant even remember if aimed shot had a cast time in Wotlk,so in your point o view having a cast time is good so thank blizzard for putting a cast time on aimed shot .Removing chimera shot is like removing mortal strike from arms warrior,you simply cant remove it,the only thing you changes would make is making so that marksman hunters have to get another addon track the range of their targets.

Quote Originally Posted by xmx View Post
    you do know that MM hunter has the same playstyle they had since Wotlk (Or even before)
    i cant even remember if aimed shot had a cast time in Wotlk,so in your point o view having a cast time is good so thank blizzard for putting a cast time on aimed shot .Removing chimera shot is like removing mortal strike from arms warrior,you simply cant remove it,the only thing you changes would make is making so that marksman hunters have to get another addon track the range of their targets.

Huh? been playing Hunter for 8 years. In Wotlk Aimed was instant and in the lower part of the MM tree.

The last time Aimed was interesting was when it was a 3 second cast (TBC) and hit like a freight train with no breaks. When you were trapped and watched the Hunter drawing back that 3 second (knowing he has a huge smile on his face) Aimed shot, knowing that you have a small chance to not die, was fun and exciting.

Chimera has no where near the utility of Mortal strike. For one Mortal strike has been Arms go-to since I started in early TBC. MS has a healing debuff. Chimera has a small heal. That healing debuff is a thousand times stronger than our heal from Chimera..

In TBC MM hd Silencing shot as it sig ability. Chimera ws introduced in Wotlk and it was actually a little fun if not for being so clunky. At least in Wotlk it had some flavor. I drained mana, disarmed among others depending on which sting was on the target. That is a lot more interesting than fire a blob at a target and do serious damage and get a small heal. That has nothing to do with a Chimera. Rename it then. Call it "Happy fun time shot". That would make more sense.
    Last edited by Sunslayer; 2014-04-08 at 08:45 PM.

Huh? been playing Hunter for 8 years. In Wotlk Aimed was instant and in the lower part of the MM tree.

The last time Aimed was interesting was when it was a 3 second cast (TBC) and hit like a freight train with no breaks. When you were trapped and watched the Hunter drawing back that 3 second (knowing he has a huge smile on his face) Aimed shot, knowing that you have a small chance to not die, was fun and exciting.

Chimera has no where near the utility of Mortal strike. For one Mortal strike has been Arms go-to since I started in early TBC. MS has a healing debuff. Chimera has a small heal. That healing debuff is a thousand times stronger than our heal from Chimera..

In TBC MM hd Silencing shot as it sig ability. Chimera ws introduced in Wotlk and it was actually a little fun if not for being so clunky. At least in Wotlk it had some flavor. I drained mana, disarmed among others depending on which sting was on the target. That is a lot more interesting than fire a blob at a target and do serious damage and get a small heal. That has nothing to do with a Chimera. Rename it then. Call it "Happy fun time shot". That would make more sense.

So you are playing for 8 years ... and did you notice the "POWERSHOT" they added for those of you that liked "long casts" that hit like "Freight train with no breaks" It even hits so hard it knocks the enemy back.
    Further more if you don't like Chimera shot you can just remove it from your bars in WoD it won't be refreshing your removed sting so you won't have a reason to use it if you don't like it. After all you pay to play as you wish who is to tell you how to play your game?

Quite frankly, anybody who would rant away like this over ALPHA notes doesn't really understand much.

It's still in internal alpha. F&F alpha hasn't gone up yet. even blizz employees aren't playing it widescale. so there is MUCH to change between now and then.

anybody who would QQ about mechanic changes without trying them is well, a word I can't say cos I don't want to be banned.. again.

hell, removing Arcane and serp sting are such huge changes... that nobody should comment on MM full stop until we have TRIED it.

Giving feedback during Alpha is unheard of.

Sometimes I feel like it might actually be. Feedback is one thing, the hair-tearing and screams of "THIS IS THE END!" that tend to echo around the forums after any change gets announced is something else entirely.

I think we should talk about changes, absolutely. But I (and many others) get really tired of the posts like so many in this thread of over dramatic cries and insinuations that Blizzard is out to deliberately make their game/passion/cash-cow/life's work worse. That's not feedback. It's not helpful, it's not even discussion, it's just emotionally driven gut reaction. Ok, now that that's out of the way, what do I actually think?

They said repeatedly in previous months they had plans to differentiate the specs, not sure what everyone expected. "I want them to play the same they do now but all feel completely different!" ...Ok yeah, no. That passive serpent sting dot? How about make that SV only, it's already kind of their flavor. BM has a good thing going, no need to mess with it much. Marksman's thing is really Aimed shot, lets focus on that. Well, we can make it their focus dump, since they're the only spec that currently has 2 cooldown free focus dumps; cut arcane and just have them use aimed. They can already use it on the move, wont' hurt mobility, and makes them the "cast time" spec. Keep in mind cast times often equate larger single hits. "But I don't want cast times!" Then play one of the other 2 specs, it's why we have 3.

Would I like to see Chimera shot be more interesting? Yes I would, because I remember what it used to be. and I plan to give feedback on it, once we're in beta, on the official forums. In the meantime, crying over alpha changes on a FANSITE forums accomplishes nothing. Don't like it, try explaining why in a rational manner, because it's logical analysis and examination that bring things to Blizz's attention that they might not have thought about.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

The biggest worry for me is, why release patch notes like this? They know it's just going infuriate their player base. MM looks like a heap of ruin in those patch notes. So, MM now has Steady shot, Aimed shot and Chimera shot? We all know that can't go live. So, why release such unfinished notes leaving people scratching their heads?

Survival looks ok, but the loss of Kill shot? I don't understand that at all. The Hunter changes seem like an ignorant mess of "Not sure what I'm doing, don't play Hunter, sos, whatevar!"

There is no way in hell who ever wrote these Hunter patch notes has played a Hunter.

Firstly, Steady shot and Cobra need to go or need reworking. As it stands now, casting 1.8 seconds for 8k damage is just cumbersome and wretchedly boring. Does anyone here think Steady/Cobra is even slightly fun or interesting? It isn't, we all know it isn't. It would be bearable if the damage weren't horrible, making the casting of these feel like work not fun.

MM with Chimera shot? Firstly, this shot no longer has anything to do with a Chimera. It's as boring as it is pointless. It's a bland shot that does good damage and heals a little. What exactly does Chimera shot have to do with Marksmanship? The answer: ZERO! Give us something like, Snipe...

Snipe: 15-60 yard range. Does more damage the farther away the target is.
    2 second cast time. This obviously came off the top of my head. But, you get the gist. MM should have something like this as a signature.
    Special: Casting Snipe does not break Camo. If the target is farther than 50 yards away they are dazed for 5 seconds and dismounted.

MM needs more work than what we've seen in the Alpha notes. Why would they put out such unfinished ill-conceived drivel even as Alpha patch notes?

Blizzard, stop where you are, I'm begging you. Sit down and put some thought into this. If you had spent 20 minutes on the phone with any top rated MM Hunter or even a Heroic raiding Hunter, you would have a lot better idea about what you are doing. As of now, reading the current Alpha notes it appears as if you are grasping for straws in the dark with lobster claws.

Stop making such unenlightened patch notes, it's making you look like a cut-rate MMO designer instead of the powerhouse Immortals you once were.
    I think you're REALLY looking into things too much. I'm not sure if you know this but steady/cobra shot do more than just damage. Also your snipe idea sounds really dumb to be honest. Having to out range your healers to do max damage in a raid sounds awful.

One thing I can agree with is chimera shot is somewhat tasteless. But then again, judging from the patch notes, MM is going to be really good next expansion but of course that's without seeing the numbers yet so I could be wrong. I think Blizzard is trying to push aimed shot to be the signature shot of MM and not chimera shot. To be honest, the changes to hunters are a good thing.

also: alpha

Because pressing buttons with relevant names makes a difference.

Rename Chimaera Shot to 420NoScope Shot. Does that suit you better OP?

Every single dps spec in the game has abilities to cast, complaining about them not feeling right is utter crap, how can pressing your Chimaera Shot not feel right.

That Snipe idea is utter crap too Doesn't break Camo hits like a train hunters become OP ranged stealthed rogues.

TL;DR
    Spell names mean jack shit. Press keys on keyboard can only feel wrong if key on keyboard is broken

Lets do it, lets petition Blizzard for [420 No Scope Shot].

Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    Rename Chimaera Shot to 420NoScope Shot. Does that suit you better OP?
    Nope, because no matter what the name is, it's (Chimera) boring and doesn't fit into the MM tree. MM used to be a lot of fun before Chimera came along. It did really strong damage through a long Aimed shot cast.

MM doesn't need it's kit shuffled about. It needs an identity and some form of direction, something it currently lacks. All I want at this point is to see some sort of effort going into putting the spec on track. I'd also like to see a little bit of care when doing so. I wish Blizzard would stop running around crazy changing stuff like they seem to be atm. Stop, take a breath and say to yourself "What would make MM, feel like MM?" MM needs something more, something spec defining. Right now MM does not have that defining quality and cohesive feel to it and hasn't for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    There's already an alpha changes thread where you could have posted this dribble instead of cluttering up the board with yet another pointless whine thread.
    The correct word is, Drivel. Let me guess, 7th grade education?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    So you are playing for 8 years ... and did you notice the "POWERSHOT" they added for those of you that liked "long casts" that hit like "Freight train with no breaks" It even hits so hard it knocks the enemy back.
    Further more if you don't like Chimera shot you can just remove it from your bars in WoD it won't be refreshing your removed sting so you won't have a reason to use it if you don't like it. After all you pay to play as you wish who is to tell you how to play your game?
    I PvP. Glaive >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Powershot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xmx View Post
    Very Incorrect. In TBC, MM had Silencing shot as its 31 point talent. Aimed shot could and did 1 shot people, but it had a 3 second cast time. If you were good you could scatter directly into an Aimed shot (Lots of fun. I played MM exclusively in TBC). There were no instant Aimed Procs and MM playstyle in TBC was a million miles from it's current form. In TBC Arena you were a drainer. You ran with Warlocks (draincomp) and won through draining mana. Ya, not the most exciting, but it worked.

In Wotlk MM took a strange turn and a lot changed. Aimed became instant and didnt do the best damage at the start, till gear levels grew. Chimera shot would do a number of different things depending on which sting you had on the target. I don't remember exactly, but if memory serves correctly (I played SV almost exclusively in Wotlk)...

Chimera Shot: If target had Serpent sting debuff it healed you or detonated, doing the remaining damage left.
    Chimera Shot: if the target was affected by Scorpid sting, it disarmed them.
    Chimera shit: If the target was affected by Viper sting it stole or took away more mana, I forget.

Chimera shot was called Chimera shot because it did all that ^ and added a really fun and strategic mechanic to the ability.

Wotlk MM was nothing like the current MM build.

In Cata, we now see the similar MM that we see today.

Your chimera shot breakdown looks accurate (serpent did bonus damage, there wasn't a heal previously). It did those things and refreshed the sting in the process. The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that chimera is due for a major overhaul. Right now it refreshes your sting, does damage and heals a tiny bit. And I think they only added the heal to keep some semblance of logic in the name. Aimed has been MM's true "signature" shot for 2 full xpacs now, and while it would seem obvious to just remove Chim and make Aimed the proper rotation anchor, I'd hate to see it get a cooldown.

It's probably time for Chimera to get the axe, and find a new anchor for MM. Even if it's Aimed, I'm sure they (or maybe we) can come up with something fun and logical. I'd love to see MM become a cohesive spec again. It's almost surreal given the class' history to realize how they managed to turn SV into something genuinely cool, while MM just gets worse with time.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

sounds like hunters arent for you

The correct word is, Drivel. Let me guess, 7th grade education?
    You just prove my point. You're acting out like a child because you don't like what you see and retort by insulting my intelligence based on a typo I made in my 2nd language. Yeah, that's right english isn't my mother tongue and I can make mistakes, doesn't make your thread any less a waste of space.
    Last edited by Inval1d; 2014-04-11 at 10:02 PM.