... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    where at?

Man, are they creepy or what.

The mouth of gnome female looks fucked up with this lightning^^
    Also same face, even more.

very creepy, but more varied

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ok, I can say with confidence now that they do have different features but the face structure is still the same.

Once again, I'm really interested to see how this "same face issue" is addressed by Robinson.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    Look fantastic to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    The mouth of gnome female looks fucked up with this lightning^^
    Also same face, even more.
    Are you talking about the Tauren or Gnome?

Deleted
    They are way too far into the project by now to make such drastic changes (different idle animations, customizable noses/ears). What is seen here will more likely than not go live with WoD, just looking at it realistically. These decisions were made way in advance and they won't change them half-way if they want to get this update out at all.
    Last edited by mmoc2cfe61b4f1; 2014-04-06 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    If you're talking about the current ones, the faces are 100% textures aswell. If you're not, I don't understand.
    http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...age-1-full.jpg
    http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...age-2-full.jpg
    http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlor...age-3-full.jpg

Don't want to crop the thread, but those are the faces I was talking about. Those emotions could be used as idle face.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    Ok, I can say with confidence now that they do have different features but the face structure is still the same.

Once again, I'm really interested to see how this "same face issue" is addressed by Robinson.
    The face structure will be the same because of the design. Did you really expect them to spend all the time they are spending on the updates and then multiply that by at least 5 per race then by 2 per sex to have at least 5 completely different facial structures? The options are as I and others have stated earlier. And to those saying same face each female gnome looks completely different to me.

Kind of disappointed. I was expecting something like the Goblins, with mesh changes at ears, chins and noses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    They are way too far into the project by now to make such drastic changes (different idle animations, customizable noses/ears). What is seen here will more likely than not go live with WoD, just looking at it realistically. These decisions were made way in advance and they won't change them half-way.
    As simple as adding an offset and texturing new stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are way too far into the project by now to make such drastic changes (different idle animations, customizable noses/ears). What is seen here will more likely than not go live with WoD, just looking at it realistically. These decisions were made way in advance and they won't change them half-way if they want to get this update out at all.
    thats.. pretty much it tbh. I know people want to put faith in the devs in make a good job of it, but honestly, when they said they more or less had the orc model finished, and seeing they all still had the same face with 'tweeks' done to it, I lost any real faith they know or care what the fanbase wants out of it.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    thats.. pretty much it tbh. I know people want to put faith in the devs in make a good job of it, but honestly, when they said they more or less had the orc model finished, and seeing they all still had the same face with 'tweeks' done to it, I lost any real faith they know or care what the fanbase wants out of it.
    I'm pretty sure they do know but the playerbase doesn't know what it wants.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    The face structure will be the same because of the design. Did you really expect them to spend all the time they are spending on the updates and then multiply that by at least 5 per race then by 2 per sex to have at least 5 completely different facial structures? The options are as I and others have stated earlier. And to those saying same face each female gnome looks completely different to me.
    Hey I'm happy with what I'm seeing so far. I'm not complaining really, but I can see what people mean.

Faces don't seem to look distinct enough for my tastes... Although it is still beta. I just wonder how they managed to make completely different looking facial options at the start, around 10 years ago, and now they look too similar...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Facepalmer3 View Post
    I just wonder how they managed to make completely different looking facial options at the start, around 10 years ago, and now they look too similar...
    It was drawn on the texture, now it's not possible because of the animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Kind of disappointed. I was expecting something like the Goblins, with mesh changes at ears, chins and noses.
    indeed.

you do know by the end of all this, goblin will be the one race that still is able to give players the option to choose unique facial features, with at least some distinction
    #boycottchina

Then why is Chris Robinson going to make an Artcraft discussing it? Do you really think he'll say, "sorry but we couldn't do different faces so enjoy the same face".

He has said he has "top people on it" and that he will be addressing it in an artcraft. I doubt it'll be negative, it's just not good publicity to come out and say something like this can't be done.

Of course I could be wrong. But is it a crime to be a little optimistic rather than just accept that they will have "same face"?
    Last edited by The Hero of Legend; 2014-04-06 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalmer3 View Post
    Faces don't seem to look distinct enough for my tastes... Although it is still beta. I just wonder how they managed to make completely different looking facial options at the start, around 10 years ago, and now they look too similar...
    Because all the "faces" were painted on the same head and had like zero rigging involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm pretty sure they do know but the playerbase doesn't know what it wants.
    oh I'm sure in this case it does, players want there character, who they've played some for nearly 10 years, to still be there character but updated. They don't want to be clones of everyone else. That really isn't much to ask given the age of wow.
    #boycottchina