Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

New models with some different faces

So these were just found, thoughts? They look different, especially the female Dwarf.

http://www.adriacraft.net/warcraft/w...-201404065883/

Keep in mind that this is Alpha and things can still change.
    Last edited by The Hero of Legend; 2014-04-06 at 09:29 PM.

Edit: First picture didn't load.

Sweet.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Huh, seems the male tauren is not far from done. Great! This somewhat, confirms that they are a lot closer to being done with the new models than they want us to believe.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, seems like they definitely took the female pandaren sameface problem into account this go-round.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Huh, seems the male tauren is not far from done. Great! This somewhat, confirms that they are a lot closer to being done with the new models than they want us to believe.
    yeah.. but that also means if they are done, orcs aren't gonna look very different from each other by looks of whats on offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Well, seems like they definitely took the female pandaren sameface problem into account this go-round.
    for dwarves anyway..
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    yeah.. but that also means if they are done, orcs aren't gonna look very different from each other by looks of whats on offer.

- - - Updated - - -

for dwarves anyway..
    As I said, this is Alpha. There is no reason to worry about the faces for the orcs, just leave some feedback and don't act like this is the final product.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

for dwarves anyway..
    Well, clearly they aren't done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well, clearly they aren't done.
    I dunno man, I thought they said the orc model was more or less done now.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    for dwarves anyway..
    Alpha's alpha. They've only just put the new tauren male model in. Also, the female gnome face previewed looks drastically different from the face previewed back at Blizzcon, and the dwarf male faces have fared well in regards to variety for as long as the new models have been up and running.

Literally the only race right now with a facial variety issue is the orc males. The others either aren't even animated yet, or have only had their base face previewed.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Source on that?

10+ Year Old Account
    General shape is the same. Only difference is wrinkles skin color and lipstick.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well it clearly is "more or less done", as in the model and animations are done, they just need to finish the details - which would be the faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Alpha's alpha. They've only just put the new tauren male model in. Also, the female gnome face previewed looks drastically different from the face previewed back at Blizzcon, and the dwarf male faces have fared well in regards to variety for as long as the new models have been up and running.

Literally the only race right now with a facial variety issue is the orc males. The others either aren't even animated yet, or have only had their base face previewed.
    Yes exactly, if you look at the Tauren faces they are quite identical, I think they may be doing the faces last, since it would be easier to do once they're happy with the base model.

Hopefully we'll get a 1:1 comparison of every face soon, but here's a start:

yea, like ppl mentioned, most of those races still look all the same to me :/

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Just remember that Chris Robinson said in the first Artcraft that they may add new customization features during WoD's patches, such as moles, wrinkles and scars. They look different enough to be honest, I don't know why you expected their heads to be different shapes when they said they're trying to preserve the old model feeling. But hey maybe we'll get that in the future, the key thing right now is getting the models updated.

Still same face issue, so their solution is not in place yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    This exactly. If you look at all of them they all have the exact same nose shape, lips, and proportions, the only thing that changes is wrinkles, lip color and skin tone. Once you see them animated it may not be nearly as big of a deal, but its not really any different than just changing the spots on a Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Still same face issue, so their solution is not in place yet.
    The textures are there however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinresh View Post
    Hopefully we'll get a 1:1 comparison of every face soon, but here's a start:

they all look like peppermint patty.

but yes, its the same issue I found with orcs, same face, only tiniest feature change.

At least dwarves get to cover there face with a beard for some customization.
    #boycottchina