Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I said this before and I'll say again, the difference has to be built through animations, not just textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    they all look like peppermint patty.
    It's the haircut. There are at least some major differences in lip and eyebrow shape with this race, which goes further establishing them as separate people than orcs with their minor lip and brow wrinkles.

Definitely not as same-face as previous models. Hopefully this is a sign that they've been working on the issue and they'll do the same for the ones we've seen already!

Yes but they were there for the orcs too. We will get some words about this in the next artcraft.

Hearing a lot of concern regarding same face, I'll address that concern in future Artcraft. Also Tauren male anim and female Draenei, cont.
    https://twitter.com/artofcgrobinson/...20641455915010

They will probably try so scale the bones in the face... thats not a perfect solution but could work okay.

I'm really curious to see Chris Robinson address the same face issue in a future Artcraft like he promised on Twitter.

Here: https://twitter.com/artofcgrobinson/...20641455915010

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icyflamez View Post
    Definitely not as same-face as previous models. Hopefully this is a sign that they've been working on the issue and they'll do the same for the ones we've seen already!
    The good news as well is that this is only Alpha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Yes but they were there for the orcs too. We will get some words about this in the next artcraft.

Hearing a lot of concern regarding same face, I'll address that concern in future Artcraft. Also Tauren male anim and female Draenei, cont.
    https://twitter.com/artofcgrobinson/...20641455915010
    Beat me too it! XD

well, gnome m, orc, tauren, dwarf m still all look the same, i guess we can only hope that color of the hair and the shape of it will let us customize them enough to keep them different from one another

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    well, gnome m, orc, tauren, dwarf m still all look the same, i guess we can only hope that color of the hair and the shape of it will let us customize them enough to keep them different from one another
    As I said before, Chris Robinson told us in the first Artcraft that they will be adding to the customization options during WoD's patches, such as moles, wrinkles and scars as individual options instead of being part of a face option.

female gnome pic is not working :/ can anyone share that pic?

Probably worth mentioning that on the 3 that you mentioned, they appear to have skin color as the options they are showing rather than face. which would explain why they all look the same, because they are, in fact, the same face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if they plan on releasing wod in.. what was it, december? they've got around abouts 8 months to get the models looking unique. Guess all can do it hope.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    The "same face" is because, unlike before that the emotions were drawn directly on the textures, now they are animated. So, everyone will get the same idle face. The solution is to set the idle face to different emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    As I said before, Chris Robinson told us in the first Artcraft that they will be adding to the customization options during WoD's patches, such as moles, wrinkles and scars as individual options instead of being part of a face option.
    dont remember them guaranteeing that... can you give me a quote?

female gnome pic is not working :/ can anyone share that pic?
    It doesn't appear to be working for anyone.

[QUOTE=Grinresh;26311693]Hopefully we'll get a 1:1 comparison of every face soon, but here's a start:

its the eyebrows...they're just not getting the same shapes as the old models. Are the actual eyebrows just textures or are they 'stuck on' animatable parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The "same face" is because, unlike before that the emotions were drawn directly on the textures, now they are animated. So, everyone will get the same idle face. The solution is to set the idle face to different emotions.
    or some quite gimmicky texture work, like making an orc face with legit darkness around his eyes

Which Chris Robinson has talked about on Twitter as a possibility. Letting us lock our faces to certain emotions.

Several 'Stand' (idle) animations that only change the face would work. On top of that, they could add a new layer of customization using nose, chin and ear geosets, like goblins.

dont remember them guaranteeing that... can you give me a quote?
    Ah, I appear to have gotten it wrong, not in patches but he just mentioned them as customization options.

We’re looking at these model revamps as a sort of “spiritual update” to the art content that currently exists in-game—except we’re completely redoing them from scratch. That includes the base model, skin tone variations, customization options (e.g. wrinkles, scars, moles, earrings, etc.), hairstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    Which Chris Robinson has talked about on Twitter as a possibility. Letting us lock our faces to certain emotions.
    pretty sure that he negated that idea in the same tweet, it was along the lines "kinda, but it is difficult to tell about in a tweet, having top ppl on it", kinda gives me hope cuz i dont think "top ppl" would go to texturing, they might actually be modeling unique faces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    its the eyebrows...they're just not getting the same shapes as the old models. Are the actual eyebrows just textures or are they 'stuck on' animatable parts?
    Every single part of the face is animated.

- - - Updated - - -

pretty sure that he negated that idea in the same tweet, it was along the lines "kinda, but it is difficult to tell about in a tweet, having top ppl on it", kinda gives me hope cuz i dont think "top ppl" would go to texturing, they might actually be modeling unique faces.
    But it still falls to the same problem, done throught texturing, all the orcs will have the same idle grumpy emotion.