View Poll Results: Will we see another character services sale this year?

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • Yes, and before WoD releases

29 50.00%
  • Yes, however not until after WoD

14 24.14%
  • No, there'll be no sale in 2014

15 25.86%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Future character services sale?

Last year, in June 2013, Blizzard offered a 50%-off sale on all Character Services (Character Transfers, Faction Changes, Race Changes, Appearance Changes, Name Changes).

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...0_Off-6_4_2013

I'd like to ask you, the MMO-Champion community, if you think Blizzard will offer a similar sale this year.

If so, do you think they will offer it before the Warlords of Draenor expansion releases, or only after.

i don't see why not.. they can do it whenever they see the need..

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that they have the boost 90 character service these others should be 50% less permanently... What's the point spending $60 on a faction and server change when you can just buy a new character on that realm/faction and keep your other toon as well?

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Now that they have the boost 90 character service these others should be 50% less permanently... What's the point spending $60 on a faction and server change when you can just buy a new character on that realm/faction and keep your other toon as well?
    You still have to go through the process of gearing the created level 90 which could take a great deal of time to be at the same item level as the character on the old sever/faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    I voted no sale because I firmly believe (hope?) that Blizzard will be wise enough to offer a one time re-customization after WoD drops with the new models.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I voted no sale because I firmly believe (hope?) that Blizzard will be wise enough to offer a one time re-customization after WoD drops with the new models.
    I imagine that's when they'll roll out the sales, to be honest. Best opportunity to capitalise on people's desire to recustomise.

Yes.
    Right before the next thing they make obsolete, Bobby Kotick just loves proving his customers are knobheads.

Ie, discount on transfers right before connected realms are announced
    or
    advertising profession boosts on the cash shop right before announcing all profession combat perks removed
    or
    the next scam down the line, I'm sure they'll find something creative to milk the cows.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would just let us recustomize our characters in the barbershop, minus changing names. They could add a plastic surgeon in the barber shop buildings, with 'warning' 'danger' 'do not enter' etc signs on the room entrance, and have one of those bloody butcher tables and a smiley little gnome/goblin plastic surgeon standing next to it. It seems like something that would fit in WoW, there's lots of lightheartedly morbid things in the game.

I can't imagine the character recustomization is one of their most used paid services anyways, plus it's one of the cheapest. I'm sure they wouldn't lose that much money by removing it from the shop and adding it in game for gold.

If they do it at the same time, they'll likely reveal more character models just before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Yes.
    Right before the next thing they make obsolete, Bobby Kotick just loves proving his customers are knobheads.

Ie, discount on transfers right before connected realms are announced
    or
    advertising profession boosts on the cash shop right before announcing all profession combat perks removed
    or
    the next scam down the line, I'm sure they'll find something creative to milk the cows.
    I take it someone is jaded? Character x-fers are way more useful than connected realms ever will be. The only way this would be a bait and switch is if they connect all the realms right after a transfer sale. It's still more advantageous to be on one of the 10k+ popultaion servers than it is to be on one of the many connected realms. Kotic doesn't pull those strings at Blizzard anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Kotic doesn't pull those strings at Blizzard anyways.
    Keep telling yourself that

Blizzard will eventually reveal the new models.

Then they will tell you that you DON'T get a free character customization because they worked so hard to make the new models have the same "feel" as the old.

Then they will offer half-price faction, race etc changes.

Then they will rake in the big bucks. Nothing is more profitable for Bliz than charging customers to run a database script that insta-modifies their character.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    Blizzard will eventually reveal the new models.

Then they will tell you that you DON'T get a free character customization because they worked so hard to make the new models have the same "feel" as the old.

Then they will offer half-price faction, race etc changes.

Then they will rake in the big bucks. Nothing is more profitable for Bliz than charging customers to run a database script that insta-modifies their character.
    Sadly this is the truth right here. I'm all for them giving us one freebie and hope they do but odds are looking like they won't be doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should have known that the TFHers, jaded "they're money grubbing bastards", and the "Kotic dictates all the sales at Blizzard" despite Blizzard's stance otherwise and no evidence to back it up would show up to this thread.

Every other time they've made a design change to something they've offered a free respec/free character transfers/etc. No reason to believe otherwise this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably will - there will be people wanting to switch right before for a new raid guild or faction.

New Strings datamined

New:

UNDELETE_TOOLTIP_DISABLED:: Restore Deleted Character is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
    CHARACTER_SELECT_INFO_DELETED:: Level %d %s (Deleted)
    COPY_ACCOUNT_DATA:: Copy Account Data
    UNDELETE_SERVICE_TOOLTIP:: Restore this character
    CREDITS_WOW_WOD:: Warlords of Draenor Credits
    UNDELETE_FAILED_ERROR:: There was a problem restoring your deleted character. Please try again later.
    BACK_TO_ACTIVE_CHARACTERS:: Back to Active Characters
    UNDELETE_TOOLTIP:: Restore Deleted Character
    UNDELETE_TOOLTIP_COOLDOWN:: You must wait before restoring another deleted character.
    COPY_FAILED:: Copy failed

Deleted
    I hope not, I would blow away money just for some changes again

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no sale in 2005-2012..

It's unlikely it will happen again, in the next few years..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    There was no sale in 2005-2012..

It's unlikely it will happen again, in the next few years..
    The new character models means that potentially there will be a lot of people who wish to alter the appearance, sex or race of their characters many of whom might be tempted to pay to do so if there was a character services sale on at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The new character models means that potentially there will be a lot of people who wish to alter the appearance, sex or race of their characters many of whom might be tempted to pay to do so if there was a character services sale on at the time.
    Graphics are updated yes..

But an orc is still an orc.. There are no major differences between old and new models, only details..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/