Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gave up on DK mobility. But TBH its a trade-off from the arsenal that we do have. In terms of pvp we can get out of almost anything. Lichbourne, IBF, desecrated covers everything. Excepts roots. In rated pvp, your team mates will more than likely dispel roots/snare so its not much a problem outside of solo pve/random BG

Deleted
    You do realize that roughly half the dk abilities are ranged? Of course DKs need to be in melee most of the time, but bridging 3-5seconds with ranged abilities is usually no problem. Same goes for Paladins.

This is why they can´t have the same mobility as warriors/rogues which HAVE to be on the target to dps. Dont expect this to ever changed...

The only problem right now is that casters have way too many instants, roots, slows and mobility in general. An advantage which makes every single melee suffer. This is getting adresses in WoD however, leaving Hunters as the only mobility Gods in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    You do realize that roughly half the dk abilities are ranged? Of course DKs need to be in melee most of the time, but bridging 3-5seconds with ranged abilities is usually no problem. Same goes for Paladins.

This is why they can´t have the same mobility as warriors/rogues which HAVE to be on the target to dps. Dont expect this to ever changed...

The only problem right now is that casters have way too many instants, roots, slows and mobility in general. An advantage which makes every single melee suffer. This is getting adresses in WoD however, leaving Hunters as the only mobility Gods in the game.
    DK ranged is also getting nerfed, just look at their death coil plans of UH only...

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    half hahaha
    such a poor excuse for dks to have no mobility

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    half hahaha
    such a poor excuse for dks to have no mobility

Death knights are fine in PvP, and have many tools that compensate for their lack of mobility (ranged attacks as burk23 said). It's not a poor excuse at all.

(Now PvE is a different story, but we weren't talking about that).

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    (Now PvE is a different story, but we weren't talking about that).
    i am talking about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    We have the best CC break/prevention of any class. You can't have everything. Unholy DKs are really great in pvp, stop complaining because you die while retreating.

I get wanting your class to excel at everything, but that would make this a pretty shit game for everyone else. So yeah, deal with it.

+

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3

- You cant have everything m8!

Mobility has to addressed in WoD. And having Death's Advance in the same tier as our main CC abilities is a huge problem. This is my suggestion:

Step 1 - Change Death's Advance into a passive ability. Remove the movement speed increase from Unholy Presence and roll that into DA so that all can partake in the better mobility goodness. Also, this helps to keep button bloat to a minimum. The tooltip would look something like this:

Death's Advance: You passively move 25% faster, and movement-impairing effects may not reduce you below 75% of normal movement speed.

Step 2.A - Remove our current Tier 1 talents (with Rolling Blood going baseline). Replace with a movement themed tier: The new DA + Gorefiend's Grasp + another new talent that upgrades Death Grip to the 2-charge system similar to the Warrior talent "Double Time".

OR....

Step 2.B - Just make DA baseline. And then solve the other problems with our talent grid differently.

Here is a nice visual aid: http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...gridId=2794001

I recall in one of the previous discussions or wish list type of posts "mobility" was the one thing I had wished for an improvement to. The most annoying thing that stuck with me was the experience during Lei Shen Helm of Command and DK's being the only class absolutely needing Lock Portal or Priest grip to survive while everyone else had something to save their own skin. (Hhad to get Engineering as backup then too)

Yeah I know it's a crappy PvE situation but if you lacked the assistance from raid mates there you died. Kind of similar to us lacking the helping hand from teamates in PvP and we get shafted. A little nudge to improve Death's advance might do the trick?
    Ranged vs Melee balance sweep in Warlords might not be enough to address our shortcomings. Hopefully people provide good feedback as testing expands and maybe some awareness might earn us a deserved fix?
    I am the Sword in the Darkness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saulork View Post
    Death's Advance is a choice. No one chooses it because it is useless. (Unless you PvE). Asphyxiate is best for PvP as he said he was referring to PvP.

Death Grip is Anti - Mobility. Not mobility.

Icebound Fortitude is a defensive. On a three minute CD which reduces damage by 20%. That's amazing. -Doesn't help with slows like he mentioned.

Desecrated Ground is good, but it has nothing to do with mobility. -Doesn't help with slows like he mentioned.

What would you know though? You haven't broken 1550. Don't talk if you don't know anything about PvP.
    Death Knight's don't need mobility though. They need defensives.
    Damn. Now I remember why I stopped pvping. You lot are a competitive and prickly bunch.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Damn. Now I remember why I stopped pvping. You lot are a competitive and prickly bunch.
    I am not pricky. I just hate it when people talk about something from a stand - point they no nothing about.

Death Knights do not need mobility. They aren't a mobile class and shouldn't be. They should focus on Anti - Mobility.

I think a solution would be a glyph like the one for priests in WoD:

Glyph of chained Grip:

Your Death Grip now pulls you to the target instead of pulling it to you, but the Cooldown is increased by 5-15 seconds.

This would make Death Grip in PvE more useable.

Deleted
    I swear back in beta there was a talent called Icy Grip. It reduced to cooldown of death grip and made it so they get a 50% slow after being gripped. If this was brought back as a glyph wouldn't it help us be better at anti mobility (so reducing our own need for mobility) or would it be too strong?

Death's Advance is a choice. No one chooses it because it is useless. (Unless you PvE). Asphyxiate is best for PvP as he said he was referring to PvP.

Death Grip is Anti - Mobility. Not mobility.

Icebound Fortitude is a defensive. On a three minute CD which reduces damage by 20%. That's amazing. -Doesn't help with slows like he mentioned.

Desecrated Ground is good, but it has nothing to do with mobility. -Doesn't help with slows like he mentioned.

What would you know though? You haven't broken 1550. Don't talk if you don't know anything about PvP.
    Death Knight's don't need mobility though. They need defensives.
    I realize that I'm not the best at DK, but don't each of those talents / abilities have something in them that helps keep on your target? While they may not be directly related to your character's mobility, it affects another person's mobility or reliability of keeping you at range which effectively does the same thing as added mobility.

Death Grip is obvious.

Icebound Fortitude makes you immune to knockbacks.

Desecrated Ground slows all enemy targets so long as they stay in the area of effect.

Sounds like some pretty good snares to me - along with nearly-spammable Chains of Ice. If that's your point, I apologize ahead of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    I realize that I'm not the best at DK

Desecrated Ground slows all enemy targets so long as they stay in the area of effect.
    neither of those skills do those.

and mobility is also an issue in pve. I wish we really could get separate pvp/pve skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    I realize that I'm not the best at DK, but don't each of those talents / abilities have something in them that helps keep on your target? While they may not be directly related to your character's mobility, it affects another person's mobility or reliability of keeping you at range which effectively does the same thing as added mobility.

Death Grip is obvious.

Sounds like some pretty good snares to me - along with nearly-spammable Chains of Ice. If that's your point, I apologize ahead of time!
    I really hope you're trolling...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by INecrosiSI View Post
    I swear back in beta there was a talent called Icy Grip. It reduced to cooldown of death grip and made it so they get a 50% slow after being gripped. If this was brought back as a glyph wouldn't it help us be better at anti mobility (so reducing our own need for mobility) or would it be too strong?
    Well the problem with that is that there are umpteen ways for OTHER classes to make themselves immune or remove slows on TOP of their other escapes, so much so that that would barely even affect them.

Anyway, I'd say the major problem is that the middle talent tier in which you can choose chillblains, asphyxiate, or death's advance basically force a DK to choose between three things that at least ONE OF should be baseline, and which many, many other classes have all of... it makes you choose between a speed up, a hard instant CC, and a reliable snare... the ONLY ones Frost DKs can ever get... all unholy gets up on that is the stun, but even that is from their pet.

I'd start with at least making Chillblains baseline for frost and open that talent tier up to be an actual choice.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'm not a pvp expert, but in PvE i really like going unholy presence and using death's advance together when i want a speed boost.. it gives you 150% movement speed. Otherwise while tanking ive never really felt like i REALLY needed more movement, and you cant exactly always use unholy pres as blood..

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs dont need more mobility, everybody else needs less mobility, gap closers, ccs, snares, immobilizes, etc.

Mind telling me how mobility matters in PvE?
    Really? Dude. Mobility is king in PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.