Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Need some advice regarding our tank dps in SoO

Hey all, our raid team is on progression at Seigecrafter Blackfuse and we're having a hell of a time finding a strategy that works for us, mainly because our tanks do not do enough damage to kill the shredders in time. Basically whatever strategy is used has to involve dropping the saws in a perfect 3 stack so the tanks can use them to kill shredders (anything less than a perfect 3 stack and they're up too long, either overload wipes us or we get a second shredder or if someone starts a pile too close to the boss it heals). I'll link the logs for our last full raid week, our tanks insist it's because they don't wear enough dps gear to effectively dps, but we've run with a friend who is a warrior tank who is roughly the same ilvl and also wears "tanky" type gear who pulls awesome numbers. He's been trying to help us, but since he and his offtank can kill the shredders alone his strats are being discounted (despite being strats that I've seen work in my past SoO teams). I figure it's got to be a rotation issue of some sort. Our one tank has gone so far as to suggest it's because he needs more vengeance and is wanting to /sit for more, or asking us to try not to heal him because of absorbs (we run with disc priest and hpally heals). Any advice is appreciated.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/k62Ar1PnmwbzJVvj (the 2 mages and later the hunter and warrior are just fill ins and pugs)
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4rBPzA3v76qFLGmY
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AfBwgtK8VWp2F4dv

Just to note, I realize there are also other issues in the fights causing wipes (people getting hit by mechanics etc) but since most of the raid is new to this fight I figure that can be fixed, but it won't do any good if we still die to overloads.

Also, Holyangus, Sham our resto shaman and anyone named Xerxesse or a variation of that name are just fill in raiders. So basically of the core team there is the DK tank, the pally tank, the hpally, the disc priest (me), the warrior on links 2 and 3, the hunter on links 2 and 3, and the spriest. Last time I linked logs I had lots of advice on how our PuGs could improve so I just wanted to clarify from the start on this thread haha.

Thanks for any help

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also, I don't know why my logs didn't pick up our Malkorok kill, I was having some disconnect issues so I may have missed logging it, or it messed up or something so yea... that's why it's not there >.<

Deleted
    Your tank are obviously completely clueless.

First of /sit does not give more vengeance and has not done so for the last 6 months.
    Second of all, absorbs does not give you less vengeance.

And seriously, you are doing siegecrafter normal and they are complaining about lack of gear? I had 20 item levels lower than your tanks when we did siegecrafter on heroic, and that was before they nerfed their HP. As far as I remember, the shreddars in heroic have more than double the amount of life that they have in normal, yet they went down easily without outside help and without any sawblades or anything. One sawblade could make it easier sometimes, but was not required.

Are your tanks having stacks when they are killing the shreddars? Your tanks have either completely misunderstood their classes (which your tank the talked about vengeance clearly demonstrated he has no idea how his core mechanics work), or they completely misunderstood the encounter or both.

Your tanks are just doing something horribly wrong and there is no excuse really.

I'm not very familiar with wcl yet, but from what I see, neither your pala, nor dk used any dps cds for shredder. I do hope I'm wrong on that one.
    Not to mention it seems they didn't use execute abilities either.
    Your paladin might take a look at this thread, and the site overall if he didn't know it.
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...p?f=48&t=33609

Another thing is, did you try to have mines and lasers? Judging from your position you are having lasers and turrets. From our experience turrets are giving us more problems, then just nuking mines and avoiding fire.

And last but not least, is it only me or you are three healing it? have you tried to two heal it? I have no solid proof, but this is considered a 2 heal fight. Especially looking at logs where your resto shaman is most likely dying from boredom and has nothing to heal. Just take disc and add whoever is best of the remaining two. Change the other one or get him to go dps. And while this is not your problem, you might aswell change in advance.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea... The unfortunate issue is that I am neither the raid leader or an officer, I just really enjoy the people I play with in this guild and would love to see us progress so I can't just say "you guys are bad" haha. Believe me, sometimes I would like to, to a couple of our team members, but I find it's generally more helpful (and less stepping on toes) to try and offer up some kind of objective advice on what can be fixed. Also the 2 tanks are our guild/raid leader and primary officer so... yea. Need some non-offensive advice! I know that gear is not the issue, like I've said, I've seen other tanks pulling awesome numbers and it's not like they are rocking a full dps set to do it. I'm pretty certain it's a rotation issue or a mechanic issue. What are these stacks you're both referring to? I'm a lowly healer and not super well versed on what exactly the tanks can do to make this easier on themselves and the raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andaja View Post
    I'm not very familiar with wcl yet, but from what I see, neither your pala, nor dk used any dps cds for shredder. I do hope I'm wrong on that one.
    Not to mention it seems they didn't use execute abilities either.
    Your paladin might take a look at this thread, and the site overall if he didn't know it.
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...p?f=48&t=33609

Another thing is, did you try to have mines and lasers? Judging from your position you are having lasers and turrets. From our experience turrets are giving us more problems, then just nuking mines and avoiding fire.

And last but not least, is it only me or you are three healing it? have you tried to two heal it? I have no solid proof, but this is considered a 2 heal fight. Especially looking at logs where your resto shaman is most likely dying from boredom and has nothing to heal. Just take disc and add whoever is best of the remaining two. Change the other one or get him to go dps. And while this is not your problem, you might aswell change in advance.
    Thank you, I will look over that site and recommend to our pally tank as well and yes, we are 3 healing it, but that is something myself and the hpally have been arguing against for a couple of weeks now. We 3 heal all of SoO and it's really not needed. There's probably a few fights that we could 1 heal, let alone 3 heal >.<. I've known for a while that our DK at any rate forgets to use his execute ability. I'll double check that bit on the dps cooldowns as well.

As for what we are leaving up, I think we're killing mines, then lasers. When we ran this on flex the other night for practice the dps on the conveyors were leaving the magnets alive as well (which I've never personally seen killed so I'm pretty sure that's correct) and were told that they were to kill the magnets as priority (As I understand it they only come like, every 4-5 belts?) because the tanks didn't want the saws gone unless they decided there was too many since otherwise the shredders wouldn't die. We ended up having the dps swap to the add just as he came down from death from above (plus saw dps) in order to down this on flex =/. I don't find the turrets to be an issue, we're having a bigger issue with people running fire through the raid (since we can't drop it near the saw stacks or the shredders won't die *sigh*) so we kind of run out of places to put fire.

Oh, its normal ^^', anyways, judging from :
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...spells=debuffs
    So judging from these, they do follow the correct debuff patern. Pala took 3, then dk took 3 etc. For normal that part is more then enough.
    But what I find strange is the damage distribution on shredder.
    For example the pala here:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...e=3&target=136
    From the link I posted the shredder burn strat is:

If there is a sawblade, kite it on top of it. There is absolutely no need to utilize the flames at all, from my experience it's better if you keep it less complicated. If, however, you have flames at a convenient location, they will deal more damage on it by far. Now regarding how you should deal the damage to it. Before the shredder starts casting "Death from Above" you should aim to have it around at around 55-65%. When the shredder starts casting death from above, pool 5 HP, save your AS and 1 second into the cast use Execution Sentence. The reason is, by the time the boss hits the ground, the last couple of ticks of ES will do a MASSIVE amount of damage and basically destroy that add. As soon as the shredder hits the ground, use your AS that you saved from a distance, and then SotR from the pooled HP will finish it off quickly. Don't forget that Holy Wrath will hit like a fucking truck as well.

I don't see him doing anything alike.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaja View Post
    Oh, its normal ^^', anyways, judging from :
    So judging from these, they do follow the correct debuff patern. Pala took 3, then dk took 3 etc. For normal that part is more then enough.
    But what I find strange is the damage distribution on shredder.
    For example the pala here:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...e=3&target=136
    From the link I posted the shredder burn strat is:

I don't see him doing anything alike.
    Yea, I looked over that as well. Will definitely recommend a read through. They usually have their tank swap stuff pretty down pat, so I didn't think that was an issue, definitely more than likely incorrect ability usage. I guess we're following the Fatboss strategy (or trying anyways) which recommends killing magnets (until near the end for clearing purposes) and mines and using the sawblades for the added dps. I'm not against using the sawblades or flames or turrets or w/e for additional dps, it just seems like it's like... 100% necessary for us to even remotely have a chance at killing the shredder in time to have 3 sawblades in a beautiful perfect stack which we can manage for the first 3-6 sawblades used but afterwards it gets kind of hard what with fire and turrets and all that causing people to be more spread out.

Instead of screaming "lol l2p" I'll give some constructive advice.

The shredders dying on time almost exclusively based on what they do when it lands after death from above. In the 5 second window when its stunned it takes 1 bazillion % extra damage. This means you can effectively pick your nose / do some facetube or youbook while tanking the shredder as long as those few seconds are perfect. (somewhat exaggerated)

For a paladin you need to spec execution sentence and watch the DFA cast. When it has ~1.5-2 sec left on it cast execution sentence, this means the last ticks will land when hes stunned and hit him really hard. So now he jumps in the air, pala runs away and he lands and is stunned. Judge it while running back, avengers shield, shield of the righteous and holy wrath (with final wrath glyped). Boom, exploded shredder.
    I can kill the shredder on the boss in normal like this with him healing and although I outgear your tanks I'm not using "dps" gear outside of oodles of haste.

I don't know enough about DK's, I'm sure they have a similar ideal rotation but once again, those 5 seconds are everything.

As an aside, your pala tank has an issue and its basically hes not pressing his buttons fast enough, this is why his damage is low. A fight like malkorok is a nice one to prove this since he should be glued to the boss for the whole fight. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=10
    300 second fight, 3 second CD on crusader strike (with haste) means he should hit it about 100 times. He hit it 45. His SOtR uptime is 16% as a result. Same kind of thing with judgment, he talents SW which reduces the CD of judgment. He only used it once in 5 min and its a 1 min CD.
    Bottom line, press buttons twice as fast (I'd bet money hes clicking, binding is a good start to improve this)

For death knights on shredders:
    1. Make sure diseases are rolling and will not expire. I generally refresh when death from above starts casting.
    2. Cast death and decay when running out.
    3. Pool your runes and runic power.
    4. As soon as he lands, start running in and cast two death coils.
    5. When you get there cast two death strikes.
    6. If it's still not dead then you messed something up, but cast either dancing rune weapon or empowered rune weapon for more runes and keep death strike and rune striking.

You can also precast army and they wreck the add as well. They get knocked up but they attack the whole time. That only works for one shredder though. Ghoul also works so use it on as many as possible.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Misconceptions. You do not get more vengeance from sitting or less absorbs or heals. Multiple sawblades do not do more damage than one sawblades ( believe me we tested this theory). Fire damage while good has a long ramp up time. It really isn't worth it unless you can position the shredder quickly in the fire so it will have a decent number of stacks when it lands from death from above.

For normal, make sure both tanks are rotating three stacks of Electrostatic Charge. While damage is important up to death from above, the most crucial window is those seconds after it lands. Tanks should be pooling resources to pound the thing when it lands. We found on heroic (of course applicable to normal) that it was more important to get the shredder out of heal range as quickly as possible and start laying into it. The more time wasted trying to position it perfectly will hurt you in the long run. We found putting frost fever, sunder from a druid, and COE on the shredder helped a bit as well, though it shouldn't be an issue without those.
    Sinthetik, Blood DK, BM Monk, GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime Progression Guild. 7/7 Mythic HM, 10/10 Mythic BRF. 12/13 Mythic, 13/13 Heroic HFC.

Basically whatever strategy is used has to involve dropping the saws in a perfect 3 stack so the tanks can use them to kill shredders (anything less than a perfect 3 stack and they're up too long, either overload wipes us or we get a second shredder or if someone starts a pile too close to the boss it heals)
    I'm probably reading this wrong. But it sounds as if you are trying to get the shredder on a stack of 3 saws. Saw damage does not stack, so any more than 1 is pointless. In fact on normal, make sure your not spending all your time looking for a debuff for the shredder. It's bonus damage, but not essential.

I've tanked this, and the main tip is Burst Damage after 'Death from Above' debuff for a lot of extra damage. For a Warrior tank (which is one of the best classes for this fight) that is Dragon's Roar and Storm Bolt.

You can always get your ranged to help (during the 'Death from Above' debuff only) to finish it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Eetabee View Post
    For death knights on shredders:
    1. Make sure diseases are rolling and will not expire. I generally refresh when death from above starts casting.
    2. Cast death and decay when running out.
    3. Pool your runes and runic power.
    4. As soon as he lands, start running in and cast two death coils.
    5. When you get there cast two death strikes.
    6. If it's still not dead then you messed something up, but cast either dancing rune weapon or empowered rune weapon for more runes and keep death strike and rune striking.

You can also precast army and they wreck the add as well. They get knocked up but they attack the whole time. That only works for one shredder though. Ghoul also works so use it on as many as possible.
    If you have done it correct, you can soul reaper the add before/as it jumps into the air, and the soul reaper will hit halfway through the 5 sec stun. Assuming it's sub 35%, that'll do *major* damage to it (and it's basicly gaining an extra attack in the 5 globals you have available to burst in). That said, 1 death coil should be more than enough to get back to the shredder in time. More DS/RS!

All this being said, you should really just link the tanks to this topic, OP. Won't be you calling them clueless, it'll be people with 14/14 heroic on farm for months who knows exactly what they're talking about - hard to argue against when they are told by players who knows their shit that they are doing it wrong, and they'll have to realise how to improve or be forever "bad". Officer, Gm or not - there's no excuse for not knowing your class mechanics (it takes 30 mins to read every guide there is on any tank spec and the general theory behind vengeance, AM etc), and there's no excuse for not pressing your buttons every second of every fight.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipton View Post
    I'm probably reading this wrong. But it sounds as if you are trying to get the shredder on a stack of 3 saws. Saw damage does not stack, so any more than 1 is pointless. In fact on normal, make sure your not spending all your time looking for a debuff for the shredder. It's bonus damage, but not essential.

I've tanked this, and the main tip is Burst Damage after 'Death from Above' debuff for a lot of extra damage. For a Warrior tank (which is one of the best classes for this fight) that is Dragon's Roar and Storm Bolt.

You can always get your ranged to help (during the 'Death from Above' debuff only) to finish it off.
    No no, you were reading that correctly, 3 stack of saw for 3 times the damage. I guess the tanks (or anyone else really) didn't realize that they didn't stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipton View Post
    I'm probably reading this wrong. But it sounds as if you are trying to get the shredder on a stack of 3 saws. Saw damage does not stack, so any more than 1 is pointless.
    Oh, just curious, is this true? If it is, that means I have been doing this fight on both normal / heroic while being clueless about saw mechanic for months (although I'm not a tank, so that's my excuse). I've always been under impression that each saw does its own damage, so if they manage to stack 2-3 saws, it will be 2x / 3x damage compared to just one. It should work like that since saw doesn't really give a debuff to stack, but simply hit anything that touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Oh, just curious, is this true? If it is, that means I have been doing this fight on both normal / heroic while being clueless about saw mechanic for months (although I'm not a tank, so that's my excuse). I've always been under impression that each saw does its own damage, so if they manage to stack 2-3 saws, it will be 2x / 3x damage compared to just one. It should work like that since saw doesn't really give a debuff to stack, but simply hit anything that touch it.
    It actually does give a debuff when the shredder stands in it.

I read this post and had to /facepalm myself. I have spent a lot of time on the Siegecrafter blackfuse and time and time again the failure of this fight is put on the "tanks" because the shredder didn't die fast enough. I put the failure of this fight on the raid leader. To be blunt YES tanks can solo the shredder. However, it is not necessarily a easy accomplishment. When this patch was first released and I started progressing through SoO. This fight was irritating when I tanked it. I have 2 tanks a BrM monk and a Prot Paladin. My prot Paladin is basically my main. However, I play both equally. On my paladin I could never get enough DPS to kill the shredder. It was not until I studied my paladins DPS rotation finding the best rotation for the highest DPS and Figured out the best Glyphs to use in order to maximize my DPS and even then it was difficult. Now, that I am geared past normal and have mostly BiS gear. I can DPS the shredder with ease. When on Siegecrafter blackfuse I do not use any DMG mitigation. I ignore SoTR and Divine protection. I tank the boss only spending HoPo on EF. This maximizes my Vengeance. I then run to the Shredder as fast as possible position it over a Saw blade if one is available and then Juggle Holy Avenger and avenging Wrath. I use Holy avenger the first time I have to down the shredder and Avenging wrath the second time. Because I have Vial of corruption. if I need to DPS a third shredder holy avenger should be available for a 3 shredder if I need to dps a third shredder. However, Blackfuse has very, very ,very little HP. so if the dps in the group has any gear at all it should be over with in 3 tanks swaps....assuming of course that the Belts are done correctly and the shield is not activated on Blackfuse.

But, In all honesty the reason I put the failure of this fight on the raid leader is because RLs generally insist the tank is the only one to DPS the shredder and this mentality that has over run the whole of the World of Warcraft is STUPID. After Death From above the Shredder takes 200 percent DMG increase from all sources. It is so easy to have 1 DPS switch targets to the Shredder and have him or her throw one or 2 spells at it to make sure it dies fast and then switch back to the Boss that I don't even understand why no wants to do this. How much of a DPS loss could you possibly experience having one DPS switch targets for 2 seconds to make a quick cast on the shredder and the switch back.... Not only that. But, every second the shredder is alive it deals raid wide dmg to the entire raid. So even if the Tank is capable of solo dpsing the shredder. if you have one rdps switch to the shredder to help the healers in the group with absolutely love you for it. Because, if you have one rdps switch the shredder it will die almost instantly after death from above. Now that the shredder is dead the tank is capable of running back to the boss and Dpsing the boss until the next Taunt off. The added dps from the tank on the boss should make up for the dps lost from having one rdps focus the shredder after death from above for 2 seconds.

On my paladin. Because I am actually geared past normal and have spent so much time learning the highest dps rotation. It no longer matters. On my monk. that is about 25 ilvles below my paladin and I haven't tanked with much, usually I heal on my monk. This paradigm that has been acquired about having the tank solo the shredder is f*ing Stupid. Anymore when I pug fights on my monk and I get a jack ass raid lead that would rather wipe 100s of times rather than have one rdps switch targets for 2 seconds I refuse to pull the boss and insist he has one rdps focus the shredder and if he or she doesn't I tell them they can get another tank and go sit in trade chat for the next hour or two spamming LF tank on Siegecrafter blackfuse.

Because, it's really simple. If your tanks are geared and they really know what they are doing with there class. Then yes they can more than likely easily DPS down the shredder. But, if your tanks are under-geared and are still kind of shaky with there class. You should be a bro about it and have one Rdps focus the shredder. to save them a little bit of humiliations. Instead of sitting at seigecrafter wiping 30 or 40 times. That is to assume you prefer tanking with the tanks you have. I mean if you have a super pro tank that you would rather bring in. maybe you should just replace them. I mean there really is no point wiping 30 or 40 times on a boss this late in the patch. At this point everyone has pretty much done these fights about a 1000 times.

shit play is not to be rewarded. Adds have a tiny HP pool on normal and your tanks get a stacking damage buff, there IS NO EXCUSE.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by dez1216 View Post
    Yea... The unfortunate issue is that I am neither the raid leader or an officer, I just really enjoy the people I play with in this guild and would love to see us progress so I can't just say "you guys are bad" haha. Believe me, sometimes I would like to, to a couple of our team members, but I find it's generally more helpful (and less stepping on toes) to try and offer up some kind of objective advice on what can be fixed. Also the 2 tanks are our guild/raid leader and primary officer so... yea. Need some non-offensive advice!
    You may need to honestly consider whether it's okay to not progress for the sake of the group you enjoy being with.

I would love it if my coworkers were also amazingly compassionate and reasonable human-beings in addition to being talented and educated, but that's unrealistic. Choose what's important to you, and consider you may need to compromise. Your tanks do not seem to be skillful.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfz View Post
    I read this post and had to /facepalm myself. I have spent a lot of time on the Siegecrafter blackfuse and time and time again the failure of this fight is put on the "tanks" because the shredder didn't die fast enough. I put the failure of this fight on the raid leader. To be blunt YES tanks can solo the shredder. However, it is not necessarily a easy accomplishment. When this patch was first released and I started progressing through SoO. This fight was irritating when I tanked it. I have 2 tanks a BrM monk and a Prot Paladin. My prot Paladin is basically my main. However, I play both equally. On my paladin I could never get enough DPS to kill the shredder. It was not until I studied my paladins DPS rotation finding the best rotation for the highest DPS and Figured out the best Glyphs to use in order to maximize my DPS and even then it was difficult. Now, that I am geared past normal and have mostly BiS gear. I can DPS the shredder with ease. When on Siegecrafter blackfuse I do not use any DMG mitigation. I ignore SoTR and Divine protection. I tank the boss only spending HoPo on EF. This maximizes my Vengeance. I then run to the Shredder as fast as possible position it over a Saw blade if one is available and then Juggle Holy Avenger and avenging Wrath. I use Holy avenger the first time I have to down the shredder and Avenging wrath the second time. Because I have Vial of corruption. if I need to DPS a third shredder holy avenger should be available for a 3 shredder if I need to dps a third shredder. However, Blackfuse has very, very ,very little HP. so if the dps in the group has any gear at all it should be over with in 3 tanks swaps....assuming of course that the Belts are done correctly and the shield is not activated on Blackfuse.

But, In all honesty the reason I put the failure of this fight on the raid leader is because RLs generally insist the tank is the only one to DPS the shredder and this mentality that has over run the whole of the World of Warcraft is STUPID. After Death From above the Shredder takes 200 percent DMG increase from all sources. It is so easy to have 1 DPS switch targets to the Shredder and have him or her throw one or 2 spells at it to make sure it dies fast and then switch back to the Boss that I don't even understand why no wants to do this. How much of a DPS loss could you possibly experience having one DPS switch targets for 2 seconds to make a quick cast on the shredder and the switch back.... Not only that. But, every second the shredder is alive it deals raid wide dmg to the entire raid. So even if the Tank is capable of solo dpsing the shredder. if you have one rdps switch to the shredder to help the healers in the group with absolutely love you for it. Because, if you have one rdps switch the shredder it will die almost instantly after death from above. Now that the shredder is dead the tank is capable of running back to the boss and Dpsing the boss until the next Taunt off. The added dps from the tank on the boss should make up for the dps lost from having one rdps focus the shredder after death from above for 2 seconds.

On my paladin. Because I am actually geared past normal and have spent so much time learning the highest dps rotation. It no longer matters. On my monk. that is about 25 ilvles below my paladin and I haven't tanked with much, usually I heal on my monk. This paradigm that has been acquired about having the tank solo the shredder is f*ing Stupid. Anymore when I pug fights on my monk and I get a jack ass raid lead that would rather wipe 100s of times rather than have one rdps switch targets for 2 seconds I refuse to pull the boss and insist he has one rdps focus the shredder and if he or she doesn't I tell them they can get another tank and go sit in trade chat for the next hour or two spamming LF tank on Siegecrafter blackfuse.

Because, it's really simple. If your tanks are geared and they really know what they are doing with there class. Then yes they can more than likely easily DPS down the shredder. But, if your tanks are under-geared and are still kind of shaky with there class. You should be a bro about it and have one Rdps focus the shredder. to save them a little bit of humiliations. Instead of sitting at seigecrafter wiping 30 or 40 times. That is to assume you prefer tanking with the tanks you have. I mean if you have a super pro tank that you would rather bring in. maybe you should just replace them. I mean there really is no point wiping 30 or 40 times on a boss this late in the patch. At this point everyone has pretty much done these fights about a 1000 times.
    Basically all of your post is complete bullshit. Vengeance is calculated on unmitigated damage. Whether you choose to mitigate it or not has no affect on the vengeance you gain from attacks. You choosing not to SoTR or use DP because you think it gives you more vengeance is just tragic. Also, anyway you look at it dps switching to the shredder is a dps loss for the raid as a whole, its maths at its most basic and if you can't do it on a napkin then that's on you.

If you'd bothered to look at the logs the shredders weren't dying because of l2p issues with the tanks in question that have been addressed through proper replies explaining the mechanics and desired rotations in detail. It's incumbent on a decent raid leader to sort out weaknesses in his raiders play. If you ask dps to switch to the shredder you aren't fixing the root cause of the problem which is the tanks underperforming hugely.

Smurfz, echoing what Deja Thoris said, and just adding:
    Assuming you came from a guild that farmed ToT heroic, you had 540 ilvl going in to the tier. 540 is more than enough on every tank char to kill it with ease within 5 overloads (the 6th = when the new shredder spawns), preferably 4. 3 Is the cutoff where it gets rough on heroic, but on normal, 4-5 is just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfz View Post

Ya you have no clue what you are talking about. No wonder you want ranged dps to help you. As stated above you are very very mistaken on Vengeance mechanics and your class with the claims you make.