Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Solo tank it and the fight becomes much easier.

Having a pally somewhere in the raid also reduces the difficulty of solo tanking (although it's not very hard in the first place).

Don't PuG normal garrosh.. he's hard and people are too stubborn or stupid and don't wanna learn or adapt to the fight

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

It's not supposed to be defeated by average pugs.

It's easy even with 550 ilvl. Problem is that people new to the fight don't know what to prioritise properly. Here's a few points that can wipe your raid.

1. dps that don't know how important single target dps is. both p1 and p3 have huge benefit of having people speccing for the best possible single target damage. Adds will go down anyway especially with high vengeance tanks and good aoe classes like destro warlocks. Yet I see a lot of people just doing shit damage on Garrosh himself even if their gear/class would allow for much more. In bad pugs I see 2-3 people with 3m on gar and 20-30m on adds. I mean seriously. p1 takes forever and chances are someone dies and healers go out of mana.

2. Ppl that think those shiny bubbles in trans are just a cool sfx. not knowing you take 50% less damage.

3. Ppl ignoring MCs / People that are spread all over the place when mc comes. And ofc not interrupting

4. Ppl not killing their adds.

As long as people have the knowledge the fight is doable in pugs. Problem is you tend to get people either new to the role dps/tank/heal or just to the whole fight. But if ppl listen even new ppl can do fine.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Garrosh is too hard then you dont deserve to defeat it- as simple as that
    Thats why we have easy and border line retarded difficul;ties

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Don't PuG normal garrosh..
    do it every week, just need to find those groups with people who know how to play - or have 575+
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    If Garrosh is too hard then you dont deserve to defeat it- as simple as that
    Thats why we have easy and border line retarded difficul;ties
    I have to agree with this... I geared up, learned the fight through videos and flex difficulty and pulled my weight when it came to garrosh. And when the group I was in got him down, it was an awesome feeling, and the mount is an awesome bonus. There would be little satisfaction if garrosh was "easy".

Yes, it can be very hard to find a pug group that is decent enough to down garrosh, but it's possible. I got my normal garrosh kill in a pug through Oqueue...we ended up two-shotting it.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I literally spent 2 hours on Garrosh normal earlier. 2 healing it, with me as a healer. Wiped 2 times, raid lead said quit aoe'ing the adds so much only this lock and a unholy dk keep your diseases running. Kicked 2 dps after a few more wipes, replaced them. Some more wipes to dumb stuff (mainly people getting hit by the iron star or smash) anyways replaced people as it came and went. Same 2 healers, same 1/2 tanks dps raid lead topping all single target dps as a uber geared fury warrior (the other healer was his friend.) Eventually called it because people couldn't interrupt and target mind controls...
    It is not to hard, just it seems (as someone mentioned earlier) that most the time dps is not able to follow priority and go balls deep when the finish line is in sight then lose to mind controls everywhere.

Garrosh Normal isn't hard as long as people know the tactics. You don't actually need to be a super duper player who uses all his/her keybinds to win the day, you just need to follow the tactics. Most people can't or don't want to.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    You don't actually need to be a super duper player who uses all his/her keybinds to win the day,
    Well it is Normal mode....
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I was one of the most geared people as we hosted the GDKP with 560 iLvl on my priest then. We were maybe 6 or 7 only on their alts from our guild, rest were pugs and we carried a LOT of bads.. so yeah, 25 is a lot easier than 10 to carry people.
    To carry yes, but to make run with low dps/healing numbers and half the people not that familiar with Garrosh, no. But I do agree that on 25-man you can get away with lot more of things then in a smaller group.

Don't PuG normal garrosh...
    Ehm, in all honesty, if you have no other way to kill Garrosh either for gear or looms, then this statement is wrong. You still have to PUG it.

You don't actually need to be a super duper player who uses all his/her keybinds to win the day, you just need to follow the tactics.
    Following tactics is not enough for Garrosh. Sure, you can leave the weapons up or kill 'em, you can kite the adds around (not killing em) or kill 'em; but if your healers run out mana (there are so many CDs you can use before you don't have any for empw), you run out of room to move, then following the tactics really doesn't help. Lacking the throughput in both HPS and DPS department is the main issue for that fight, even when you follow the tactics.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-04-10 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Wow theres a shocker. 7/14HC group not struggling with garrosh normal? How is that relevant to the conversation at hand?
    The point I was trying to make is that PUGs aren't some monolithic entity, all of them incompetent and incapable of communication. Some are able to do heroic SoO, others still wipe on ICC. The "don't PUG Garrosh," "you can never progress in PUGs" thing just seems a bit silly, when I have PUGed Garrosh several times, and have made further progress in PUGs (both this tier and in previous ones) than in guild groups, on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Candescently View Post
    The point I was trying to make is that PUGs aren't some monolithic entity, all of them incompetent and incapable of communication. Some are able to do heroic SoO, others still wipe on ICC. The "don't PUG Garrosh," "you can never progress in PUGs" thing just seems a bit silly, when I have PUGed Garrosh several times, and have made further progress in PUGs (both this tier and in previous ones) than in guild groups, on occasion.
    Whilst I can agree there can be a lot of variation when it comes to PuGs, I would like to think the OP was directing this at average PuG's and not semi-guild raids or people in heroic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Candescently View Post
    Choosing to quote you running with a 7/14HC group as a measure of Garrosh pugs success was a bad example to make the point. I think people with brains realise that all pugs aren't the same...

Pretty easy to pug for Garrosh N.

Many time I Selled garrosh N rushes with 4 ppl just sitting down and doing nothing.

Really, if it's doable with 5-6 players alone, 10 should kill it if they know properly the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Pretty easy to pug for Garrosh N.

Many time I Selled garrosh N rushes with 4 ppl just sitting down and doing nothing.

Really, if it's doable with 5-6 players alone, 10 should kill it if they know properly the fight.
    And again we're back to purely pugging it (you and 9 other random people) compared to running it with half the raid in BiS gear with a couple of random people tagging along.

I have tried purely pugging Garrosh on several characters and it's an absolute nightmare unless you're asking 560-565+ ilvl and push several phases at once.

Sure, it's easy when I set up a group with friends but that's not really what the OP asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    And again we're back to purely pugging it (you and 9 other random people) compared to running it with half the raid in BiS gear with a couple of random people tagging along.

I have tried purely pugging Garrosh on several characters and it's an absolute nightmare unless you're asking 560-565+ ilvl and push several phases at once.

Sure, it's easy when I set up a group with friends but that's not really what the OP asked.
    Purely pugging not necessary means pug only ppl which don't have any clue what they are doing.

Btw, Pugging for Garrosh with less than 555 ilvl it's kinda hard indeed.
    Mainly because most pugs with less than 555 after 7 months of patch just don't have any knowledge of the class or they are alts.

For that kind of sittuation, with bad or unexperienced ppl it's better try at flex mode some times than move to normal mode.
    Last edited by JV Chequer; 2014-04-11 at 02:55 PM.

It's funny how every tier there is an outrage that the last boss is too hard for pugs, however pretty much everybody who is outraged adds "I used to be a hardcore raider so I know it's not that I'm bad it's just my realm and the pugs that join the group are so bad".

Funny that.
    Choptimus
    <Prime>
    10man #18 EU
    25man #76 EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    With low healing and low DPS not likely you'll get the kill.
    With bad dps/hps from a normal mode standards, it's not just unlikely. It's impossible.

The fight on normal really only requires 2 things.
    -540ish item level
    -A very basic understanding on how the mechanics of the game work and the class/spec you are playing.

Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    It's funny how every tier there is an outrage that the last boss is too hard for pugs, however pretty much everybody who is outraged adds "I used to be a hardcore raider so I know it's not that I'm bad it's just my realm and the pugs that join the group are so bad".

Funny that.
    I downed Shade of Aran man, should of seen be being pro and not moving.