Poll: Who is your favorite melee character?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Monk... Nice mechanics and awesome animations!! A plus is also the high mobility that a monk have!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiri View Post
    Monk... Nice mechanics and awesome animations!! A plus is also the high mobility that a monk have!!
    This. Nice non-constraining rotation and mobility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I've always enjoyed Retribution, even tho it's been performing quite badly ever since WotLK. I like having various utilities to help the raid, even though no one asks (no time for committed raiding anymore), and Templar's Verdict is one of few melee attacks that feels like it packs a real punch. Warrior abilities can hit like trucks, sure, but they are all instant and "free". They feel weak when used.

However, I HATE the fact that Light's Hammer and Execution Sentence is on the same tier.
    And losing Guardian of Ancient Kings in WoD feels meh.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-04-08 at 12:28 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret Paladin. Why? Probably because it's been my main for so long, but if I had to explain a reason, I'd probably have to go with the secondary resource, Holy Power. My other melee are a lvl 90 DK, Warrior and Shaman, plus a 85 Rogue from Cata. I dislike the playstyle of the Runes on DK, Rage on Warrior, and especially Energy on Rogue. I'm reasonably happy with my Enhancement Shaman, but he was my boosted class from my WoD pre-order. It's too early to call him my favourite.

10+ Year Old Account
    That blue post that likened their development/inspiration/gameplay of Monks to Street Fighter. That's when I popped a woody and it still hasn't gone down (should probably see a doctor...).

Windwalkers are fast paced, fluid, have sick animations, and BONKERS mobility. And so far, alpha is looking good for them.
    Last edited by Bavol; 2014-04-08 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough to choose between my warrior and my dk, but I've gotta say my warrior. Much higher mobility, all those big crit numbers...and come on, dual wielding 2 handers like a boss.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    That is not very efficient. The old fashioned axe to the back is way more effective.
    The real old fashioned way is to axe them in the back - through the face.

Warrior. Pure sword and shield nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    That's cool! So it is not because of the Druid lore or something else, it's simply the mechanism of feral you like best?
    It is honestly hard to say. I've played all the other melee specs listed here, and even moreto say I've pretty much played every class spec in the game. But feral is what keeps me coming back time and time again. I do like the Druid lore but it's not the reason I love it so much. I've had my feral as my main since late WoTLK (Was a Ret most of Wrath though) and they are just too fun for me to ever think of playing anything else over it. I've seen the highs and the lows patch to patch. Ferals are very few and far between at times. A lot of people really appreciate a well played feral as an asset to their raid.
    I'm in no way saying any well played class isn't- I'm just going off my personal experience as a Kitty .

./rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Warrior, because of, in no particular order;

Charge - Especially the fact it's a stun. In-game mobility is amazing but the idea of charging up to your enemy with weapons drawn just makes me feel badass
    Heroic Leap - Leaping headlong into combat gives me the same feeling as Charge but better
    Intimidating Shout - The idea of a Warrior is to be strong, fearsome and scary. The latter matches this ability perfectly.
    Bladestorm - This is hands down the best ability every, even when it was Disarmable. Prot 180% weapon damage, RIP never forget.
    Crit Banner - Bitches love my banner, gets me all the Mage buffs

In all honesty, it's the raw appeal of the class. There's no magic, no spectacular pretty range abilities. It's just gritty, dirty melee, you're in the boss/enemies face smashing at them with 1 or 2 massive weapons. Even as prot, you're on the frontline defensive, guarding your allies and those of lesser physical capabilities from getting crushed.

tl;dr: I like to smash stuff.
    Warrior for me as well, for these exact reasons. Fury is my preferred way to go. I love the "raging berserker who cares more about hacking you to pieces than his own health" feel.

I also tend to prefer soldier/fighter/barbarian melee types in general when I'm playing any kind of RPG that lets you pick your class. I might play casters every once in a while for shits and giggles, but I don't play them very often.

Deleted
    I played Paladin (ret) and Warrior (arms) since vanilla, but now that I tried Enhance...holy crap.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have every class at L90 and play every melee spec to at least LFR levels and i can honestly say that, to me, nothing even comes close to the feeling of fluidity and mobility that a Windwalker Monk has. He is also the only melee class that i can stand PvPing with.

Our single target damage may be middle of the pack, but effortlessly zipping around the battlefield (in PvE and PvP) seemingly being at half a dozen places at once - controlling, kiting, interrupting, stunning, Deepsing... it just doesn't get any better in my opinion.

For me until they decided to screw the class it was Blood DPS DK, now It's Enhancement Shaman for sure, I love the Melee/ Caster Hybrid thing It's a blast to play. I feel it's the closest to a battle mage we will ever get.

Death knight for lore and concept, warrior for fun, rogue for skill. Which is my favorite depends on my mood that day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement, because it's just so much fun. I'm a badass totem warrior, imbuing and unleashing the elements.

Storm, Earth and Fire...

HEED MY CALL!
    Currently Procrastinating

rogue
    warrior
    enhancement
    monk
    dk
    feral.

in that order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monk, love all the movement utility and I kick and punch.

Monk. Because I am so pissed at you that I will put my sword down and punch you straight-through that armor.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

DKs for me. The entire feel of the class is just right for me.

Paladin becau_ BY THE LIGHT DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.