Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Elitism is the belief or attitude that some individuals, who form an elite—a select group of people with a certain ancestry, intrinsic quality or worth, higher intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes—are those whose influence or authority is greater than that of others; whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight; whose views or actions are most likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities, or wisdom render them especially fit to govern
    Douchebag. Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and asshole, however not yet reached fucker or motherfucker. Not to be confuzed with douche.
    Rob:He kept hitting on my girlfriend at the party, he just wouldnt leave her alone!!
    Sam: God, what a douchebag.
    I think people mix up the two, for some odd reason.
    Personally I'd prefer playing with elitist-players, since we share a common goal in clearing the instance as smooth as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    As with life, not all good groups are elitists, not all elitists are bad, not all bads are nice. I have played with all types, in the end I like nice people who are really good. That was my favorite time. When all the stars aligned for me. I got to plan the toon I wanted, spec I wanted, was really good at it and everyone always said how good I was at it. I loved my whole raid team, awesome people who did their jobs exceptionally well. We didn't stress over anything, it was just a fun time. It was about the people most of all. Later, I played with people who were just as nice, not quite as good. They or I would become frustrated etc. Introduce LFR and most of the time, I was one of the top 3-5 people there. Doing what I was suppose to, keeping to myself. Sometimes it felt fine, a wipe or two cuz that's what happens in raids. Sometimes it was stupid wiping. Other times it was easy mode for the sake of easy mode.

I think the best is when you have a solid group that is fairly friendly. When you have use real names, have use character names.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arziko View Post
    You're implying all elitist are jerks. Stop that!

There's both bad and good players who are bad persons!
    You should be able to find a nice group of people who all are at the same level of commitment as you.
    Maybe that's easier said then done, but it's not impossible, far from it.

Good luck!
    He might. I won't. Since it is impossible to be an elitist without being a jerk, it's obvious that all elitist are jerks to some degree. Some are just a bit and only go into jerk territory occasionally and within a narrow context. Some are pure disgusting jerks 24/7. Doesn't matter. Elitism is a form of being a jerk, straight and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arziko View Post
    What's your grudge against people who want to do stuff at the absolutely fastest/most efficient way possible?
    They're not there to play the game, they're there to do a job. I've known a lot of players in those sorts of guilds who literally only log on at raid times, then maybe finish up VP cap after first raid of the week, and after that just vanish until the next raid. They're not necessarily bad or unpleasant people, they just have a different objective and view of the game. I guess people who don't share that view might rub them up the wrong way because they see them as getting in the way of their goal, which would obviously provoke a negative reaction and make them therefore come across as unpleasant...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    they really say "hope your you and family die" or are you exaggerating just a bit.
    Anyway, while raiding with "bad" but nice group can be okay sometimes, it quikly become old to wipe all night when you know you can clean in 2 hours (and have done it with another group).
    I appreciate it can get frustrating, but it does depend on context. I just don't find a run that's expected to be fast efficient, sterile burn through fun; the lack of atmosphere of 'entertainment value' just seems to create unwarranted extra pressure if something does go wrong, and that can very quickly turn toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    It always amuses me when people think a "guild" is a different country or feel obligated to help people out (not in your case) and stick around and be miserable.

If progression is what you want, do it. Some people are content just raiding.

From my experience, as long as you carry your weight, elitists (in the context you seem to be referring them as) are not necessarily bad people to group with. They can take the game a bit too seriously, but no-one's perfect.

I've never really understood people belittling others lack of skills in a game or real life for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. I enjoy two aspects of the game.. the social side having fun; however I also enjoy success. its really about balancr and the type of content u play. I and pvp focused. in rbgs ya cant have too many newbs as there is required skill. wherras bgs and arenas idm losing a few as I dont feel its competetive.. at a low level rating anyway. try doing older raids with your friends or shit like that. theres less to do in pve I guess..