Thread: 10H shamans

10H shamans

currently our comp is 2 blood dk's 1 prot pally, aff lock Sv hunter ele shaman destro lock frost mage combat rogue and for heals we can use a disc priest, a resto druid , a mistweaver or a resto shaman, the disc is ms spriest mist weaver is the resto druids alt there about the same in gear and, we have been keeping one blood dk on the bottom and having the blood and prot pally up top with a disc priest and mistweaver and a resto shaman down below dps isnt an issue all pulling over 300k hill seems to be the issue we have the bottom dps stay as a group and adjust for the tank like stay in the middle and have the tank move around the room and us adjust accordingly up top we have a disc and mistweaver and rogue the mistweaver and disc keep dying to foul gyser we have tried having the group move from the person with foul gyser and we have tried having the group stay spread out but to no avail any suggestions on how to make it a bit easier any suggested comp we have 2 dps sitting so any suggestions would help.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you should consider is an 8/2 or 7/3 split.

Down below with Kadris you'll want a DK and your Disc Priest. The Disc Priest is really good at shielding against expiring Iron Prison debuffs. The DK will kite Foul Geyser adds until a nice cooldown is up (IBF, PS, etc.) - then jump into the adds and with halo, mind flay and blood boil, there should be enough dps to down every 2nd wave of adds. If that's too much trouble, then you should keep your Destro Lock down with them, using Mannaroth's Fury and Glyph of Havoc. He'll be able to MF + Havoc 6 x Shadowburn onto Kadris and help immensley with those adds. The only difficulty there is that the Disc Priest just has to worry about healing one more person - not a huge deal.

That's going to take some tries for those 2 or 3 players to get used to the rhythm but what you'll find is the 7 or 8 who stay above (2 tanks, 2 healers, 3 or 4 dps) are essentially going to be standing there nuking (well, it's a really simple pattern: stack up tightly, all move together for Iron Tomb; one person moves away from raid for Foul Stream; Healing cooldowns for Falling Ash; Tanks place Ashen Walls properly; Raid moves back down the path as fight progresses). Pop lust at 25% and keep doing what you're doing, should go down quick.

I play Destro and I've been up top and down below with this set up. Down below is really fun for Destro but I have to say - up top is like one of the easiest fights in the instance as far as movement, awareness, and positioning with this split. The more people you have down below the bigger a Clusterf*@k it is.
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2014-04-10 at 08:57 AM.

We usually use a 5/5 or 4/6 split. I usually tank kadris down bottom (prot pally) with a disc priest healing me and then some ranged aoe, warlock, elesham. Our other two tanks usually warrior and something else, other 2 healers, and all the melee up top.

Tanking down bottom is rather easy on a prot pally if you have rooks trinket. I just use 2x cds for all the foul geyser, div prot plus x, and if for some reason I don't have 2 cds ready I just get a pain sup from my priest. With 2x cds plus a decent eternal flame I can pretty much just stand in the geyser with just a little in and out movement and keep the adds very stacked up for aoe.