[WoD] Suggestion: Please don't let allow druids to lose costume when shifting!

This seems a good time as any for this suggestion, and for any that agree with me, please, PLEASE reach out to Blizzard on twitter because I don't has teh tweetz. This has been an annoyance for too long and this is our chance to get this fixed.

Suggestion:

Please don't let allow druids to lose costume when shifting.

If I understand it correctly, Blizzard removed the druid ability to keep costumes when shifting in and out of forms because they felt that players could not tell what form druids were in. I feel that this was a very poor excuse and we suffered a very severe nerf that has lasted years because the 'fix' was poorly implemented. Players always had the ability to see what form we were in based on what resources we were using. If the druid has a rage bar he/she is in bear, etc. Additionally you could also see the form 'buff', so even if the druid had a mana bar you could see if he was in moonkin form, tree form or caster form.

We druids derive as much fun from costumes as any other player and it's a shame to keep us locked out of this feature for so many years.

What I propose is not for druids to keep costumes when shifting in form, but merely that we don't lose the costume 'buff' when in form. This way, we can shift into form for combat, and the many (apparently) players that had poor vision would be able to see what form we are in. Upon shifting to caster form we would still retain the costume buff! Brilliant!

We already have this functionality in game - see Caverns of Time instances, so this can't be much of a stretch/hard to implement. Please, allow druids to retain the costume 'buff' so that we too may rejoice during the many fun holiday events and enjoy all the costumes in game!

100% Agreed!

You would dare plea that blizzard revoke it's long standing "no fun for druids" policy? They've now made a note to periodically nerf druids all through the next expansion. Thanks.

From April 4th: https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...22995310350336

"Actually, yes, we're working on a system to let you retain cosmetic transforms after shifting in/out of form."

"Use Noggenfogger, turn into skeleton. Shift into cat. Now you're a cat. Shift out. Back to skeleton."
    Last edited by Khime; 2014-04-08 at 05:46 PM.

I don't really care either way, so long as they don't do any more raid achievements that require you to be in a costume, but that means being utterly useless, so you have to time it right before they die. So annoying.

Personally, I'd rather see cosmetic items exclusively for druids, like to be able to turn into any cat model in the game, or bear model (though there are like 8 bear models, so its not a big gain.) For boomkins though, yeah I could see full on costumes being easy enough to add, even if it requires the glyph'd boomkin form.

I always saw this as a giant cop out from blizzard.

Seeing our forms is about as important as seen what stance a warrior is in, what aspect a hunter is in, what spec a shaman is in, same with a paladin.

Warriors, you don't know the stance unless you physically see them change and it only shows for a moment.
    Shamans, you don't know but you can judge based on the mana supply and weapons used.
    Hunter, you have to look at his buff bar.
    Paladins, you have to judge by his weapons and mana bar.

Druids, his resource bar changes entirely depending on his form....Not enough.
    he has a buff on his buff bar showing the form...... Not enough.
    Two of his specs he is keeping distance from you the others he is running toward you..... Not enough.
    They physically need to see our resource meter, our buff bar, AND our model to just know what we are in......

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post

"Actually, yes, we're working on a system to let you retain cosmetic transforms after shifting in/out of form."

"Use Noggenfogger, turn into skeleton. Shift into cat. Now you're a cat. Shift out. Back to skeleton."
    Holy crap I love you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I always saw this as a giant cop out from blizzard.

Seeing our forms is about as important as seen what stance a warrior is in, what aspect a hunter is in, what spec a shaman is in, same with a paladin.

Warriors, you don't know the stance unless you physically see them change and it only shows for a moment.
    Shamans, you don't know but you can judge based on the mana supply and weapons used.
    Hunter, you have to look at his buff bar.
    Paladins, you have to judge by his weapons and mana bar.

Druids, his resource bar changes entirely depending on his form....Not enough.
    he has a buff on his buff bar showing the form...... Not enough.
    Two of his specs he is keeping distance from you the others he is running toward you..... Not enough.
    They physically need to see our resource meter, our buff bar, AND our model to just know what we are in......
    Agreed. But at least we seem to have costumes now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post

So I still can't fire chicken-y lazers as a night elf, but i'll be a night elf when I stop firing ma lazers - still disappointing.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee