Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

WoD Alpha Zone Screenshots Removed, Artcraft - Female Draenei, WoWDB Updated

Warlords of Draenor Zone Screenshots Removed
    Blizzard asked us to remove all the zone screenshots from the Warlords of Draenor Alpha on the site.

Check back later tonight for more details.

Artcraft - Daughter of Argus
    A early preview of the Female Draenei character model is ready!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Hello again! I’m Senior Art Director Chris Robinson, and today we wanted to give you a super quick look at our current progress with the new female Draenei.

After the April Fools’ joke we wanted to ensure you weren’t waiting too long to see where we’re at with her actual character model update. Keep in mind that she’s still in-progress, and doesn’t have any animation to pose her body or face.

Animation is a big factor for the female Draenei specifically, so it’s important to keep it in mind when comparing the two. The original female Draenei has some fairly extreme posing that happens when she’s animated. If you were to see the static model of the original without any posing you’d see that it looks very similar to the new one. With her pose applied her shoulders stretch backward, her pelvis rotates forward, and her chin lowers—causing her head to angle downwards. The curvature in her lower back, and why the head shape looks slightly different, are also due to the new model not having the same posing applied yet. She also looks a lot taller! Ultimately all of those things will be addressed when we animate the new model, they just don’t take place until she’s rigged and sent on to the animation team.

We hope you enjoyed this super quick look at where we’re at right now, and we’ll continuing sharing more in-progress art as we go forward. The next article in the Artcraft series we’re planning is a look at the creation of the Spires of Arak, a new zone coming in Warlords of Draenor. Thanks for stopping by!

Senior Character Artist Joe Keller did the majority of the work on this revamp, with direction from our Lead Character Artist Tyson Murphy (@tysmurph), and myself (@artofcgrobinson).

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks stunning <3

10+ Year Old Account
    sweet nice model!

10+ Year Old Account
    These look fantastic so far at first glance!

That fanmade one was better tbh.

A+. Don't freak out when you look at the picture, the posture will be like the original model's.

Hopefully once she's fully-rigged up she won't have a twisty escher-spine like the original.

Deleted
    and this had to come wile the smash bros direct is showing gg blizz

I'd really like it if, you know, you left their posture as-is in these development shots. I love my Draenei pally, but the curve of their spines is way too extreme. Especially in heavy plate-- those women wouldn't be able to hold themselves up. The new models, right now? Are perfect. I love them just the way they are, and I really hope the PTB consider leaving them like that, and not posed like Escher girls.

Instant boner. Awsome job.

10+ Year Old Account
    She looks way too soft. But we know how blizzard treats their female characters. So, eh

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they fix the shoulder armor angle tbh. Looks bad on live imo.

Quote Originally Posted by lolitaofthevoid View Post
    I'd really like it if, you know, you left their posture as-is in these development shots. I love my Draenei pally, but the curve of their spines is way too extreme. Especially in heavy plate-- those women wouldn't be able to hold themselves up. The new models, right now? Are perfect. I love them just the way they are, and I really hope the PTB consider leaving them like that, and not posed like Escher girls.
    100% agreement here. I know they have some animation and skeletal rigging to do, but I'm hoping that the super-curved twisty-spine of the original is not part of it - or at least is an option that can be toggled for the forever-alones who need every female video-game character to be wank-bait.

Quote Originally Posted by lolitaofthevoid View Post
    I want this too, the spine curvature is too much on the current models.

Quote Originally Posted by Gendou View Post
    Hopefully once she's fully-rigged up she won't have a twisty escher-spine like the original.
    Actually, I hope they keep that. Without that posture, she'll just be a blue human with horns and a tail. I love everything about the new model except for the shape of the back.

The upper arms look a bit spindly compared to the forearms...could wish for a smidge more bulk in shoulders and upper arms to balance her out, but otherwise VERY nice!

Deleted
    Looking good, looking good. Dem D cups

Prepare for ERP Argent Dawn.

Why did they make MMOC remove the pictures and if anyone has it can you post them here or PM them to me please. thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Darn. I liked the one they posted on April 1st better.

Deleted
    I can fap to this.