Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Windwalker DPS Spreadsheet 6.0

A Wild Spreadsheet Appears!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=6

Make a copy, play with the numbers. Feedback appreciated.

Stat priority: Agi > Vers > Haste > Crit > MS > Mastery (jeez that's a lot of stats)

With Chi Explosion: Agi > Mastery > Haste > Vers > Crit > MS

Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    Fists of Fury still looks to be a DPS loss compared to BOK + Jab + Melee. wat.
    You mean BoK x2 + Jab x2, BoK x3 + Jab, and BoK x2 + TP + Jab, despite all of those options spending way more resources than FoF? Then yeah, of course they'll do more damage. If you spend 5 or 6 chi you're going to do more damage than spending 3 chi, why would you expect otherwise?

FOF is a gain until you are haste capped, and then it bleeds off. Hopefully we can avoid being haste capped like right now where we switch to Chi Brew.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    You mean BoK x2 + Jab x2, BoK x3 + Jab, and BoK x2 + TP + Jab, despite all of those options spending way more resources than FoF? Then yeah, of course they'll do more damage. If you spend 5 or 6 chi you're going to do more damage than spending 3 chi, why would you expect otherwise?
    Spending more resources is how you generate more TEB stacks, OFC you want to spend as much Chi as possible.

Mastery is still a little up in the air though. Not sure about the WW coefficent yet. If mastery is really good, we need to be more resource efficient.

15+ Year Old Account
    FOF is a gain until you are haste capped, and then it bleeds off. Hopefully we can avoid being haste capped like right now where we switch to Chi Brew.
    I think the point is to NOT go beyond haste cap from now on. Given the removal of reforging, it will be MUCH harder to get EXACTLY haste cap, almost to the point going just below haste cap and staying there and working on your other secondaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I think the point is to NOT go beyond haste cap from now on. Given the removal of reforging, it will be MUCH harder to get EXACTLY haste cap, almost to the point going just below haste cap and staying there and working on your other secondaries.
    I don't think we've ever had a concrete haste cap not including RoR. Even now it's pretty yolo, plenty of people going anywhere from 11-13k. I can see it operating the same way in WoD, having just enough to maintain your rotation and funneling the rest into the fotm secondary.

Pretty sure we won't be haste capped in the first tier or so, but it's something to keep in mind when you are resource rich i.e. during bloodlust / too much energy via energizing brew.

Keep in mind that Readiness is also a haste proxy, reducing the CD on energizing brew.

Quote Originally Posted by bounstar View Post
    I don't think we've ever had a concrete haste cap not including RoR. Even now it's pretty yolo, plenty of people going anywhere from 11-13k. I can see it operating the same way in WoD, having just enough to maintain your rotation and funneling the rest into the fotm secondary.
    That's because the numerical haste cap is up at 15k, but it varies based on FoF usage, uptime on a fight, AoE usage, all kinds of things. It's not a cast time cap or anything, just how much you can effectively use energy, and that's different for every fight.

Double checked my math and my melee dps coefficient was pointing to the wrong cell. Fists of Fury is good all the time always now. Hooray!

Thank you for this, you've just killed 4 hours of work time.

Your on B62 RSK dmg on "Haste w_Chi Brew (6.0)" is pointing at multistrike; B63-B69 isn't. Don't know if that was intentional. You mentioned you weren't calculating multistrike with EB earlier don't know if that's what that is.

So basically FoF still carries, "Don't use if you'll cap energy before this finishes"

Quote Originally Posted by darklani View Post

Your on B62 RSK dmg on "Haste w_Chi Brew (6.0)" is pointing at multistrike; B63-B69 isn't. Don't know if that was intentional. You mentioned you weren't calculating multistrike with EB earlier don't know if that's what that is.

So basically FoF still carries, "Don't use if you'll cap energy before this finishes"
    Which is literally just as simple as pressing Jab before using FoF. With a set cooldown, this should be something good WWs will be able to plan around.

Anything I can do to help. Not sure if that was sarcastic, but I'll take it as a compliment =)

Yea you are right, the RSK was the only ability being boosted by MS, thank you very much for catching that. My bad on the copy-paste formulas error. The formulas should be fixed now.

Yep, energy is precious. Don't potentially waste it by capping it during a FOF.

Anything I can do to help. Not sure if that was sarcastic, but I'll take it as a compliment =)

Yea you are right, the RSK was the only ability being boosted by MS, thank you very much for catching that. My bad on the copy-paste formulas error. The formulas should be fixed now.

Yep, energy is precious. Don't potentially waste it by capping it during a FOF.
    It was a genuine compliment.

Itemization seems much of the same, and much simpler this time around. Gear with Crit and Haste. Tertiary stats seem to be up in the air, has it been confirmed that the Readiness spells are the same as the AoC ones?

It was a genuine compliment.

Itemization seems much of the same, and much simpler this time around. Gear with Crit and Haste. Tertiary stats seem to be up in the air, has it been confirmed that the Readiness spells are the same as the AoC ones?
    I just went with the ones we currently have. There is lots of time to change it around. Still waiting on how much rating = 1% readiness too, but assuming they still have to balance all of the stats. Probably going to tweet at Celestalon and Lore at some point to call my numbers bad, but that's down the road =)

15+ Year Old Account
    I just went with the ones we currently have. There is lots of time to change it around. Still waiting on how much rating = 1% readiness too, but assuming they still have to balance all of the stats. Probably going to tweet at Celestalon and Lore at some point to call my numbers bad, but that's down the road =)
    Well it SOUNDS like Readiness maybe similar to Mastery in that X Readiness Stats = 1 Readiness Value. and this Readiness Value is then multiplied by a spec specific Coefficient.

As an example (and I'm just making these numbers up) 33 Readiness = 1 Readiness Value. WW coefficient is 8%. That means 33 Readiness = 8% Readiness for WW. However say BM it's 4%, so for them 33 Readiness = 4% Readiness.

WW - http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=145969
    BW - http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=145967
    MW - http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=145968

I looked up SimC's Spell file, and as indicated, no value is currently being assigned to any of the coefficients.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2014-04-09 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Well it SOUNDS like Readiness maybe similar to Mastery in that X Readiness Stats = 1 Readiness Value. and this Readiness Value is then multiplied by a spec specific Coefficient.

As an example (and I'm just making these numbers up) 33 Readiness = 1 Readiness Value. WW coefficient is 8%. That means 33 Readiness = 8% Readiness for WW. However say BM it's 4%, so for them 33 Readiness = 4% Readiness.

WW - http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=145969
    BW - http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=145967
    MW - http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=145968

I looked up SimC's Spell file, and as indicated, no value is currently being assigned to any of the coefficients.
    This is very likely, seeing as the Vial of Living Corruption has a much lower Readiness amount than either Assurance of Consequence or Evil Eye of Galakras do. This is presumably because the way tank cooldowns work means that linearly scaling uptime on damage reduction cooldowns ends up becoming an exponential value increase whereas DPS cooldowns scale the same way as haste or crit where it's just a linear function.

I would expect healers to have a similarly reduced Readiness coefficient because the big raid cooldowns like Devotion Aura, Revival, Tranquility, Ironbark, Mana Tide, Spirit Link, Barrier etc are part of Readiness (looking at other spec's passives) and the ones of those that reduce damage taken scale exponentially in value the same way the tank cooldowns do.

Readiness should be looked at with a grain of salt right now, they've been rather clear that the currently affected abilities by it (aka those on the trinkets in SoO) might not be the ones (or only ones) that will have the benefit of the actually live version of readiness.

No matter how much theorycrafting you want to do for it, it'll likely change more than any other stat's effectiveness depending on what they decided to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    Readiness should be looked at with a grain of salt right now, they've been rather clear that the currently affected abilities by it (aka those on the trinkets in SoO) might not be the ones (or only ones) that will have the benefit of the actually live version of readiness.

No matter how much theorycrafting you want to do for it, it'll likely change more than any other stat's effectiveness depending on what they decided to do with it.
    Wot? They added passives for every spec into the alpha, including healers who do not currently in Live have a version of the cooldown reduction trinket in the database. It's not like Readiness is suddenly going to become something else. It reduces the cooldown of non-rotational abilities that also aren't talents, it's pretty stuck in what it can or cannot be.

Yea and those tooltips mention spells which don't even exist anymore. I agree that for us there aren't many possibilities besides RSK and that's probably making it too good of a stat. But there are possibilities for it to affect more then we expect.

Updated to the latest alpha notes.

Chi Brew looking pretty good with the Jab nerf.

Updated to the latest alpha notes.

Chi Brew looking pretty good with the Jab nerf.
    Was about to ask if you were going to adjust for the 50 energy Jab. Thanks, looking over it now.

*It's looking like a loss of 4-5 jabs, 8-10ish chi. So yea Chi Brew to replace the lost TEB stacks would make sense.
    Last edited by darklani; 2014-04-21 at 05:01 PM.