Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    While yes Garrosh ended Cairne's life, I don't blame him. Cairne challenged him to a death match, Cairne knew what he was getting himself in.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Garrosh killed Cairne... Magatha helped him kill him and is equally to share in the blame - but it was Garrosh who did the act and intent of killing Cairne. See my above example.

- - - Updated - - -

Not during Wrath... the book "Arthas" saw to that.
    Cairne killed cairne by throwing false accusation without even double checking, and being unable to admit mistake and back off. Who knew these things kill people ?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's gonna have a good death in Draenor iirc so it's pointless to forgive him atm.

Oh that stupid nugget again...

Who cares what Magatha did? It was Garrosh's axe that cleaved off Cairne's head. Magatha just slipped in a paralytic poison - not a LETHAL poison - it was Garrosh's intent and choice to kill Cairne, and it was by Garrosh's hand that ended Cairne's life.

If you don't understand it, let me give you an example:

Lets say the table was flipped - and that Magatha poisoned Cairne's weapon instead of Garrosh's. Not only would Cairne would've easily won, but when Garrosh was down expecting the killing blow - chances are Cairne would've just thrown down his weapon and put out his hand offering to help Garrosh up - than say something about "I am stronger because I believe in and listen to others".

Same exact poisoning - NO MURDER!

The crime is in the intent and resulting action of who was wielding Garrosh's blade - NOT in Magatha's act of sabotage. Dishonorable win? Sure - but still no murder, which is on a WHOLE different scale of a crime than fixing a fight.
    Do you have a source he chopped his head off before the poison took affect? Last I knew cairne simply got hit by gorehowl and then the poison slowed him down and weakened him so he died.

And the intent? IT WAS A MAK'GORA. IT IS NOT MURDER. Garrosh was even the one challenged, not the challenger. Garrosh has 0 grounds to be called a murderer here. The only possible route he could take is to forfeit himself to cairne and by killed, which makes no sense logically and would be a weak action to do among the horde. It would also make Cairne's win a farce and Cairne would be ridiculed and dishonored for it too.

Come to think of it, there is no way garrosh could have had a good outcome in this. People who blame garrosh for this are just haters.

Additionally, your reversal is ridiculous and 100% wrong - Cairne is also the one who said the mak'gora should be to the death (or that they are usually meant to be, many retcons)
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-04-10 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

just to fact check. the blade sunk into his chest when he was reeling from the poison

he didn't do anything the other horde leaders didn't approve and support until 5.1-ish
    in some cases Garrosh had to hold the other leaders in check from going too far with the war

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    I mean he didn't really do anything wrong to be honest, he put down some rebelious trolls and for some reason he is now evil?

All he was doing is doing the best for his people, just like he is doing in WoD.

To be honest I think Vol'Jin should be put down rebelling against the innocent Garrosh. After all he turned on the horde.
    He wiped Theramore off the map through means that even He had disagreed with before MoP. He took survivors of Theramore as playthings for his army to torture back at Org.

He gave an order to assassinate Vol'Jin. Subjugated not just the Trolls but any member of the Horde aside from Orcs and to an extent Tauren.

He used the divine bell to turn his armies into sha infused monsters.

He used the powers of an Old God.

He had Orcs leading his army that would kidnap children on a foreign land in order to force their parents into giving them supplies.

No we shouldn't forgive him.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Do you have a source he chopped his head off before the poison took affect? Last I knew cairne simply got hit by gorehowl and then the poison slowed him down and weakened him so he died.

And the intent? IT WAS A MAK'GORA. IT IS NOT MURDER. Garrosh was even the one challenged, not the challenger. Garrosh has 0 grounds to be called a murderer here. The only possible route he could take is to forfeit himself to cairne and by killed, which makes no sense logically and would be a weak action to do among the horde. It would also make Cairne's win a farce and Cairne would be ridiculed and dishonored for it too.

Come to think of it, there is no way garrosh could have had a good outcome in this. People who blame garrosh for this are just haters.

Additionally, your reversal is ridiculous and 100% wrong - Cairne is also the one who said the mak'gora should be to the death (or that they are usually meant to be, many retcons)
    Garrosh is the one who upped the stakes, but he wasn't expecting Cairne to accept a fight to the death.

10+ Year Old Account
    SNIP
    According to WoWpedia, Garrosh requested the duel to be a traditional one(fight to the Death), so really Cairne just plunged into a duel where it was kill or be killed. Sure Garrosh won because of Magatha's interfering but not exactly murder.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Garrosh is the one who upped the stakes, but he wasn't expecting Cairne to accept a fight to the death.
    Cairne for being old kicked major ass. he is a badass. i miss him damn you blizzard.
    i cant play the WC3 orc campaigns anymore. every time i see cairne i cry.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares what Magatha did? It was Garrosh's axe that cleaved off Cairne's head. Magatha just slipped in a paralytic poison - not a LETHAL poison - it was Garrosh's intent and choice to kill Cairne, and it was by Garrosh's hand that ended Cairne's life.
    It actually was a lethal poison.
    He began running toward his opponent, lifting Gorehowl in both hands and bringing it down. Unable to deflect the blow or move out of its path, his life fading with every heartbeat, Cairne Bloodhoof, high chieftain of the tauren, mutely watched it descend.
    --The Shattering

Judging by his actions, I suspect Garrosh was sexually abused by the older orcs when he was a little devil. That doesn't excuse him for being a villainous wretch. May his death be slow and painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course he should. He has to be made into a hero because he's an orc and Chris Metzen is writing the script.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Of course he should. He has to be made into a hero because he's an orc and Chris Metzen is writing the script.
    mezten's favorite race is Night elves.

he didn't do even 1% of what his monster of a father did, the guy who makes hitler look like mother theresa. of course he should be forgiven, he's more of an orc than grom

Deleted
    forgive an orc who is completely maddened by power and greed and would destroy the whole of Pandaria if he had the chance?.... absolutely not!

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    he didn't do even 1% of what his monster of a father did, the guy who makes hitler look like mother theresa. of course he should be forgiven, he's more of an orc than grom
    i sense a garrosh lover.

There should be a public execution of Garrosh. We should watch him get beheaded, hung, or put in front of a firing squad. No mercy, mercy is for the week. We do not train to be merciful here.

Whats is there to forgive?

He did nothing wrong in my eyes

He did everything i wanted him to do but alas but because this is a video game i had to take him down otherwise i would've joined his Kor'kron had the game let me.

He is a conqueror of old in the mold of Genghis Khan and because history is written by the winners Genghis khan is seen as a great conqueror and not as a vile sadistic mass murderer who was said to have killed over 12 million people!

If Garrosh had won his Orcish empire wouldve equaled the likes of the mogu but instead now the best Orcs can hope for is living in mudhuts in a stinking baking desert.