Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Will we be in this same content until release of Draenor?

I was looking around the internet for a release date, and the only mentioned date is from Blizzard themselves saying it would be before or on 20th of December 2014. Now that's a bit over 8 months from now. Will we be in this same patch or same content, that a lot of people have already cleared for 8 months?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Another year long 0 content spell.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

cmon now of course it won't be dec most likely earlyer then that but it all depends how the testing goes...

10+ Year Old Account
    yep. blizzard has stated quite clearly, no new patches until 6.0. and the December thing is only a place holder, last possible day, kind of date. it can and most likely will come sooner than that date. how much sooner? we shall see.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    cmon now of course it won't be dec most likely earlyer then that but it all depends how the testing goes...
    December sound pretty good tho.

2 Months Alpha
    6 Months Beta
    = December

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post

2 Months Alpha
    6 Months Beta
    = December
    Yeah I recall WotLK alpha being 1-2 months and beta was about 5-6 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, enjoy the wait <3

Deleted
    I can't believe nobody has said anything about the ridiculousness of them just started the alpha despite it being 5 months since Blizzcon and 7 since the release of Siege. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post

2 Months Alpha
    6 Months Beta
    = December
    im pretty sure they have labled this as "alpha" to purely test this new file format stuff, so i doubt it will be more than a month

even the client itself says beta, not alpha. WoD is much more complete to really be an alpha

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Well, there's going to be your standard pre-expansion event, if you count that as "content." No new raid or raid tier, though, at least from what we currently know.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by mherlevl View Post
    I was looking around the internet for a release date, and the only mentioned date is from Blizzard themselves saying it would be before or on 20th of December 2014. Now that's a bit over 8 months from now. Will we be in this same patch or same content, that a lot of people have already cleared for 8 months?
    Well, their explanation for the "before on on December 20th" date is that it's the last technical day of Fall, and they intend to release the expansion sometime in Fall. This means that our release window is anywhere between September 23rd and December 16th (Tuesdays!).

We won't be getting new content until Draenor, aside from the 6.0 patch a month or two in advance, which will add class and systems changes, swap Siege of Orgrimmar over to the new Warlords raid format (LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic), and will also herald whatever pre-expansion even we're going to get.

This does mean that we will not get any new raiding content until Warlords launches, so it's at minimum 12 months of SoO, the same length as ICC. At maximum, we'll see a whopping 15-month-long raid tier, by far the longest on record.

It's hard to tell right now whether we're actually in "Alpha," or if this "Alpha" is a beta-equivalent. They've said that they're using a new testing format and schedule this time than in the past, so it's hard to estimate how long the phases of testing will be- and the client build says "beta." Anyway, around 6 months is probably likely, so October launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmode View Post
    I can't believe nobody has said anything about the ridiculousness of them just started the alpha despite it being 5 months since Blizzcon and 7 since the release of Siege. What a joke.
    The player base doesn't seem to mind. Despite unveiling a lackluster expac and heading into their obvious pattern of the content desert between expansions, players stay subbed and buy whatever else blizzard wants to sell them.
    They have a solid player base that will take any crap blizzard cares to dish out and smile about it, they can be as ridiculous as they want.

You could always cancel your subscription for a few months. I know it's probably not what you'd prefer to do, but they really are giving you a choice between paying them to let you farm the same bosses every week for many moons, or not paying them and doing anything else in the whole wide world.

If this "Alpha" is actually beta worded in such a way so people don't get too annoyed about crashes/errors with new coding (eg, why it hasn't launched yet. Some error or something apparently happened) and only a very few getting into the initial launch, (we'll be able to tell once alpha/beta launches publicly and we see how long it takes for them to advance testable content what this "alpha" really is) you'd be looking at probably 5-7 months after that for launch and 3-6 months for pre patch (yes not the same addition as it could be a 1 or 2 month pre patch)

Any estimations at this point are shots in the dark until we get new info. We still don't know how far the actual testable content is or what their plans are this time. Don't know what "alpha" means for certainty. Also, very had to tell thee act effect the annual pass had on testing for MoP. We know it was negative from Blizz statements, but by how much?
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-04-09 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    Well maybe we will get PvP season 17

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mherlevl View Post
    Yeah I recall WotLK alpha being 1-2 months and beta was about 5-6 months.
    just gonna point out that the Wrath beta was only 4 months. you are probably recalling Cata's beta, which was in the 5-6 month range. i cant remember how long the alpha was so i wont comment.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-04-09 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Used to be a pretty big supporter of Blizzard/WoW, i've played isnce 2004 with only small breaks, but since they pulled this shit again (same as with ICC in wotlk), making us wait a year with shit nothing going on again despite all the promises of faster content.... Even i now pulled the plug definitely on WoW.

I canceled my subscription 2 months ago and WoD is the first expansion i am not going to buy, partly because of the further dumbing down of the game, partly because of the expansion itself that seems to be adding nothing really worthwile (just taking away stuff), but mostly because Blizzard seems to have gone in full-milking mode with WoW. All the false promised about faster content, we are looking at another year of the same raid without any change, but still charging 13euros a month (go figure, 12*13 euro's = 156 euro's + 40 euro's for xpack = paying nearly 200 euros for the xpack.... and don't come up with that "server has to keep running" shit, those few store mounts they made made enough money to keep them running for a decade).

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Used to be a pretty big supporter of Blizzard/WoW, i've played isnce 2004 with only small breaks, but since they pulled this shit again (same as with ICC in wotlk), making us wait a year with shit nothing going on again despite all the promises of faster content.... Even i now pulled the plug definitely on WoW.

I canceled my subscription 2 months ago and WoD is the first expansion i am not going to buy, partly because of the further dumbing down of the game, partly because of the expansion itself that seems to be adding nothing really worthwile (just taking away stuff), but mostly because Blizzard seems to have gone in full-milking mode with WoW. All the false promised about faster content, we are looking at another year of the same raid without any change, but still charging 13euros a month (go figure, 12*13 euro's = 156 euro's + 40 euro's for xpack = paying nearly 200 euros for the xpack.... and don't come up with that "server has to keep running" shit, those few store mounts they made made enough money to keep them running for a decade).
    How are they dumbing down the game? More stats doesn't mean a difficult game

10+ Year Old Account
    They say they are working on an "AWESOME FILLER PATCH", but we all know it's going to be some stupid fucking 5 minute scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    They say they are working on an "AWESOME FILLER PATCH", but we all know it's going to be some stupid fucking 5 minute scenario.
    source please. the only thing I know is their generic "a 5.5 patch would delay WoD even more" and it would come at a cost of a raid tier.