Thread: New Ogre Model

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

New Ogre Model

Alright, nicely upped and all, but what's with that fat buttplug on his head? It even looks like it has a face of its own... Kinky ogre play, anyone?

Glitched horn is glitched. You can see there are two or three horns mashed together.

Deleted
    looks like they got face in face.

would rly like to see them playable for Horde.

Ogres get model updates almost every expansion.

The horn is meant to look more like...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Not nearly to this extent. Small texture touchups for specific NPCs, sure, but this is far more than that.

10+ Year Old Account

--

--

--

Ogres are something I want to play with my Horde characters.
    They just need more animations, emotes, new faces, tattoos, skin colours and so forth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    The horn is meant to look more like...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/I0juaqi.jpg[IMG]
    Not nearly to this extent. Small texture touchups for specific NPCs, sure, but this is far more than that.
    Possible chance on having one-headed Ogre mages for the Ogres?
    Would make less effort on having to work helments for two heads.

A possible chance to wink, wink playable Ogres after Warlords of Draenor?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yeah, but they got a better update this time around.
    I hope to see a greenish colour like in my avatar for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Glitched horn is glitched. You can see there are two or three horns mashed together.
    Three-face the club wielding manic? :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dmcraanen View Post
    Alright, nicely upped and all, but what's with that fat buttplug on his head? It even looks like it has a face of its own... Kinky ogre play, anyone?

[IMG]http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/april/ogreCompare.jpg[IMG]
    I would love this to be the new model for playable male Ogres, but there needs to be some fixes.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    This. The way many new NPC models are made feature variable body parts all on a base. Blizzard can select which of these body parts to display on any NPC.

So this ogre model is displaying all of the possible horns at once. Blizzard, however, can choose between the horns for their NPCs.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I hope they update the ogre sounds as well!

God those are annoying. There's like 3 sounds and for some reason there's a lot of quests that involve mass ogre genocide in all expansions, so I've heard them a LOT. Not to mention farming maghar reputation for the 9000th time.

I'll resub right now if they announce them playable.

Deleted
    Makes sense! I love the models that are displayed above - I never really considered the ogres wearing armour, but it looks like it may suit them for player models!

Deleted
    They should make the Ogres all look more like Cho'Gall he looked bad ass.

Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2014-04-10 at 10:18 AM.

The Horn there is like a hairstyle, only one of the horns that are stacked together is supposed to be active.
    The effect you see there is like you have 4 hairstyles active at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new ogre model looks amazing (- multi horn/ 2 tiny things near eyes, mini eyes?) I'm really hoping they make the carved ogre idol look like the new ogres <3

The sad thing about these Ogre models is that it implies that they may not be playable after WoD. Sure, the new models look great, but they're just nice textures/modelling, the actual animations are only marginally better than the old Ogre models, and nowhere near the new character models. So if Blizzard is to make playable Ogres, these aren't the ones we'll get, they'll have to make entirely new ones with much more advanced animations. We can hope though.

The face looks like a bloated Troll's instead of classic Ogre's. Their eyes also exude intelligence, Ogres are usually dumb and have beady, evil eyes.

Well obviously playable ogres would require proper character level remodelling, but it's nice to see the old model spruced up for NPCs.

+1 for playable Ogres, yet again!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
    The face looks like a bloated Troll's instead of classic Ogre's. Their eyes also exude intelligence, Ogres are usually dumb and have beady, evil eyes.
    Well we are seeing the last Ogre civilisation. I think these Ogres are to our Ogres as Zandalari are to other Trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well obviously playable ogres would require proper character level remodelling, but it's nice to see the old model spruced up for NPCs.

+1 for playable Ogres, yet again!

- - - Updated - - -

Well we are seeing the last Ogre civilisation. I think these Ogres are to our Ogres as Zandalari are to other Trolls.
    Hmm yes makes sense, also +2 to playable Ogres!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    This one especially reminds me of a roman official or something, I think it's the sash and the fact that his clipped horn kind of looks like hair.
    Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    looks like they got face in face.

would rly like to see them playable for Horde.
    Yo dog, i heard you like faces!
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    They should make the Ogres all look more like Cho'Gall he looked bad ass.

Snip
    That is Cho'gall infused with whatever power. When he wasn't corrupted, he looked very much like any other 2 headed ogre