10N Garrosh help, I think I know what's wrong but...

Obligatory logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3cyrK64Zj98qW2zG

I know our raid comp is totally not optimal and I think we're going to swap one person from melee to ranged. Also, our feral druid's gear level is pretty low at 547 vs the rest of us which are around 560 (mix of LFR/flex/normal with more LFR Pieces than I'd like).

Our main issue right now what I think as a RL is that our DPS is way too low. With only 2 ranged, our ranged DPS are pretty much on weapons 24/7 with 0 dps on Garrosh. Hopefully putting in a warlock or mage instead of one of our melee would help.

We also keep getting into this weird phase where we get an empowered whirling corruption (probably the 4th one maybe?) where as soon as he's done, we get pulled up into a transition phase.....which means all the spawned adds are left behind with 0 DPS on them. I'm guessing we need enough DPS to avoid this?

So our transition phase goes like this...
    P1 -> Kill adds pew pew pew
    T1 -> Usually Garrosh gets to about...17-20 corruption, pew pew
    P2 -> Pew pew pew pew yadda yadda yadda boring
    T2 -> Gets to 30-40 corruption, pew pew
    P3 -> OH MY GOD EMPOWERED WHIRLING, pew pew.
    T3 -> Wait, why is this happening, holy crap what is going on?! (<-- I'm guessing this phase shouldn't happen if we have enough DPS to bring him to 10%)

I'm Ziya the monk tank just for reference. I know my tank DPS should be MUCH higher but I've been spending a lot of time rolling around making sure MC doesn't go off (sometimes people just derp out...really need to yell at people more but...)

Our guild is pretty casual (2x nights a week for only 2.5 hrs) and I'm very proud we even got to Garrosh given we've had players come in and out, we went through 3 GMs in 3 months before I took over...just want to get any tips for any of our players, healers, tanks, DPS in what we can do to get the kill and move into heroics.
    Last edited by heyitsqi; 2014-04-17 at 06:17 PM.

You don't have to kill the weapons. Just watch some kill videos where they don't. Make sure they are placed right on the edge of the previous one and it should help up boss damage. I also would suggest saving hero for P3. Tell all your raiders to read up on their class here at mmo. There are some good guides here. A lot of your problems will be solved if everyone increases their damage.

I main a DK so I'll give basic pointers on them. I am only looking at the last attempt.
    Treadstone
    1. Was in blood presence over 1/4 of the fight. There is no way he should be taking enough damage to warrant that. That is killing his damage. AMS is really the only cd he needs. Also never used icebound fortitude which would be way better than blood presence.
    2. Pillar of frost only used five times. Use it on cd.

Xyko
    1. IBF only used once.
    2. Will of the necropolis proc'd five times! This seems to be on your healers because he is using his CDs. Maybe his gear is bad, I am not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems odd that you guys are spending DPS on killing adds in P1. Typically the Iron Star plus DPS cleave damage (not intentional cleave, just cleave that happens) is enough to kill the adds. The adds that you might need to switch to are typically the Wolf Rider (since they can heal) and possibly the Desecrated Weapon (if DoT damage isn't high enough to kill it by itself).

From the short view of the replay (great feature of Warcraftlogs btw), I see that you guys aren't adopting the stack on Garrosh for MC in P2. So basically you'll want to stack to Garrosh after his desecrated weapon (everyone in melee) so that when the MCs go off, everyone is fairly close to each other (so interrupting is easier) and it's possible to use cleave attacks on the MCs to still hit the boss (priority on DPSing on MC). Do be sure not to use DoTs on the MCs because they remain post MC and could potentially kill players.

Also note that the 4th (I think it's 4th might be 3rd) desecrated weapon will be followed by a whirling corruption. So healers should prepare for using raid CDs (not all at once).

Empowered whirling corruption can be difficult to tackle because if the adds die close together, their deaths cause buffs to the remaining (nearby) live ones. It's best to have each player take one and attempt to kill it by themselves (which requires more individual DPS I know). There's also an important regrouping for MCs in P3 as well because at that point, stuns no longer work (you should have been using them anyways, use interrupts!) and because of the clutter, it can get very dicey.

I'll sit down and review the other pulls more thoroughly later.

A few things:
    1) After desecrate, move in for MC's. There is no need to run around for breaking people out, simply stack on boss. Tanks with vengeance break out well stacked people in a heartbeat.
    2) This is a single target fight. People are cheesing their nuts off on the adds. Look at the shaman, second top dps on your longest attempt with 219k dps. Look at what he actually did on Garrosh and he just barely beats your undergeared feral druid. Stop cheesing! A tiny bit of cleave and a knockback into the ironstar and the adds are gone.
    3) If you are that ranged heavy then consider moving the boss after each desecrate, alternatively stack in them for the duration of p1. As long as people STACK and single target the weapon down it does very little damage. You can co-ordinate raid CD's here such as HTT / banners and so on. In p2 it would be best just to drag the boss 20 yards or so after every desecrate, with this you reduce ranged movement time and avoid dps on the weapons.

I don't play any of the classes well enough to comment, all I really noticed is your holy priest has divine star talented and only used it 5x in 10 min /slap.

One of the keys to this fight is handling the EWC's well, you really need to up damage to the boss though because 4 through the fight is too many. You should aspire to have two but plan for 3. 4 is a no go.

I wouldn't worry too much about people padding in phase 1 as that isn't really contributing to you wiping really. The problem is not enough single target dps in phase 2.

If you guys are having trouble killing weapons in phase 2 you could try ignoring weapons entirely, all the ranged and healers just keep moving sideways after a weapon is dropped. Your locks could havoc it to increase ember generation and to lower the aoe size of the axes so you can scoot over and place another axe as close as possible giving you much more room. That's how my group got their first normal kill so you never know, it might work for you.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&target=43

Terrible active times on Garrosh, even with the temples.