Elixir of Ancient Knowledge

I am trying to level my new druid to level 60 so I can boost to 90 with the boosted professions. I have 2 of the elixirs. When is the best time to use?

Gather up a lot of quests in an area and use the elixir, preferably when they are yellow/orange, but with heirlooms they will probably be yellow. Try to do this in a zone you are one level below so you get a lot of experience, I'd say probably in the 10-20 stretch and the 45-60 stretch. Dungeons give a lot of experience, but only do them with friends, because the buff fades on death.

Deleted
    I wouldn't use this before 60 at all, it's a waste. I mostly use it between level 70-80. I don't think it matters much where you use this pre-60. If you gather up 25 quests, which you should always do, a lot of them will turn green/gray very quickly and you'll barely get any xp out of them. Then all you can do is either quest or run dungeons, and good luck not getting killed on a PvP server. It doesn't take that long to get to 60, I would just do it without the elixir and save them for another toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I wouldn't use this before 60 at all, it's a waste. I mostly use it between level 70-80. I don't think it matters much where you use this pre-60. If you gather up 25 quests, which you should always do, a lot of them will turn green/gray very quickly and you'll barely get any xp out of them. Then all you can do is either quest or run dungeons, and good luck not getting killed on a PvP server. It doesn't take that long to get to 60, I would just do it without the elixir and save them for another toon.
    If you'd read the OP... You would see that he intends to level to 60 only, then boosting to 90 for the free Professions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If you'd read the OP... You would see that he intends to level to 60 only, then boosting to 90 for the free Professions.
    Right. I did read the OP. It's still a waste, in my opinion, that's why I said save it for another toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Right. I did read the OP. It's still a waste, in my opinion, that's why I said save it for another toon.
    He will probably just boost that toon as well?

Just don't use it early. I was starting a new char, excited to use the potion. Used it at level 1, ended up spending 30 of the 60min just RUNNING since the starting zones are pretty spread out. I was disappoint (I also thought it was multi-use so I didn't think it was gonna be such a waste. I derped)

I'd try 40-50 personally. 40-50 unlocks a bunch of instances if you are gonna chain dungeons. I also hate 40-50 so the faster I get through it the better.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I would say use it at level 50. Level 50 unlock un'goro. Un'goro alone gets you to 54 if you start at 50. Now imagine having 300% exp. You should EASILY hit 60 from un'goro alone within an hour c:

I wouldnt bother wasting them ENTIRELY on questing. The best way to use them is dung and dung quests. You can do some quests while in que

I think there are some solid suggestions here. If the plan is to simply boost at 60, then whenever the grind gets slow for you, or you simply want to pick it up.

40 to 50 is the likely time to use it. Somewhere in those levels. Just be sure, if possible, you are either running mad dungeons (and not dying as noted) or in a quest area you know very well so you can eliminate excessing trips trying to find quest objectives. If questing, try and pick off times if possible just to avoid the bottleneck of other questers.

I personally have waited till 60 to use it, but am waiting till 70 this time around as I have a good pattern now for getting through 60 relatively painlessly, still not as fast as a potion but I feel the grind less

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by slummish
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Deleted
    I've only ever used mine at 70, but I'd use them in the same way.

Use one, get two friends (Or a friend with two accounts and two chars able to summon at all dungeons, which is what I did) to boost you in the highest dungeon you can do. Log out immediatly after handing quests in to extend time, then only log in when they're ready to summon you. After you've done 5 dungeons you log off for an hour (The timer is kinda odd sometimes, and i ended up losing 10 minutes due to it last time) and then do 5 more.

Don't know if clearing a dungeon without the potion then handing the quests in just as you are summoned to the next one is better or not, it probably is but will affect your dungeontimer.

Questing might be more efficient, but i have never been bothered with gathering 25 quests, and just normal questing for me on a pvp server is too risky as you know someones gonna pop up and gank you 5 minutes into the elixir. Especially at low levels - that 74 hunter named Gankér will kill you, waste your flask and you will be furious.

If you don't have two friends willing to help, then I'd still do dungeons, but travel time will eat into it. All I can say is plan your dungeon route and make sure you can pick up all quests in every dungeon you do. Have some backups incase you miss or overshoot the dungeon you plan to do. You should still log off after each one to make sure you're always doing the best dungeon, and have time to figure out which one is best for your level.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaw View Post
    After you've done 5 dungeons you log off for an hour (The timer is kinda odd sometimes, and i ended up losing 10 minutes due to it last time) and then do 5 more.

FYI, because I can tell you aren't current on Blizzard announcements, it's 10 dungeons per hour as of the 7th.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios

Each World of Warcraft account can now create a maximum of 10 instances per hour (up from 5).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/130...ril-7-4-7-2014

Don't use it in the level 60-80 bracket, because it's easy to level in this bracket.
    Or maybe if you can gather all the quest from Nagrand, then use the potion

Anyway,

Gather and do all the quest you can do Ungoro crater, don't turn them.

While in Ungoro Crater,

Queue for Zul Farak and be sure you can do the quests.

Before turning the quest in zul farak, use the potion

Turn all the quest in Zul Farak
    Then go turn all the quest in Ungoro

Continue questing in Ungoro you should hit 52 to 58 in one hour

Or if you have the patience, the guts and the stomach to endure this shitty zone, go in Silithius ( be sure you have the fly path before using your potion). But I would not recommend this

1- it's a shitty zone
    2- you have chance to die in this area full of ganker
    3- it's a shitty zone