Deleted

New notebook help.

My old notebook died a couple of days ago, so now I am looking for a new one.

I use it for:

-School(Office, Some lightweight programms from university)
    -Casual gaming(World of warcraft, Dota2, CS go, AC black flag)
    -Watching 1080p movies

I have looked a little bit around on the internets(I prefer to buy it somewhere that ships to netherland or germany). Some things a laptop needs:

-Intel i7 or i5(no amd, or someone can convince that amd works fine then it will be an option)
    -Full HD screen
    -15inch laptop
    -8GB of ram

Optional things

-SSD disk
    -Backlight for keyboard

My budget is like 1000 euro max, preferably less.

Here are some laptops I found:
    Speccs:
    MSI GE60-i750M245FD Gaming Notebook [39,6cm (15.6") / i7-4700MQ / 4GB / 500GB / 750M]
    699 euro's

speccs:
    MSI GE60-2PEi745FD Gaming Notebook [39,6cm (15.6") / i7-4700HQ / 4GB RAM / 500GB HDD / GTX 860M]
    999 euro's

Don't know if only the upgrade from a 750 to 860 is worth a 300 euro's. I think both can run world of warcraft fine, cs go, and dota2. Those notebooks are with 4gb, but I can place another 4gb of ram so it is a total of 8gb.

Here is a laptop I found with an amd cpu and vga card. I don't like how the notebook looks, it looks ugly and very big.

speccs:
    MSI GX60-A10897287 Gaming Notebook [39,6cm (15.6") / A10-5750M / 8GB / 750GB / HD 8970M]
    769 euro's.

How is the overall build quality of MSI notebooks?
    Maybe some advice of notebooks from other brands around the same price.

Kind regards reschu

MSI make great laptops, although they have/had some heating issues.

I'd recommend you give a clevo/sager reseller a look, they'll do a custom laptop to fit your needs and are generally cheaper, for example I just built a pc the same as the GE60 for 80euro cheaper from the first reseller I found. Here's list of european resellers so you can find the one that fits your needs.

LINKY

As for performance the 860m looks to perform around 30% faster than the 760m so it's significantly faster than the 750m, it's subjective if you think that's worth 300e.

Deleted
    Thanks . But will a gt750m run those games fine?

You mean the ge60 with a 860m or 750m? Because if I look to some shops in holland, they are much more expensive.
    Last edited by mmocd9759b33c6; 2014-04-11 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reschu View Post
    Thanks . But will a gt750m run those games fine?

You mean the ge60 with a 860m or 750m? Because if I look to some shops in holland, they are much more expensive.
    Sorry was meant to add that. The 750m will handle those games fine ,except maybe AC4. You might have to play around with the video settings but they'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Sorry was meant to add that. The 750m will handle those games fine ,except maybe AC4. You might have to play around with the video settings but they'll work.
    According to some Benchmarks the gfx could still run AC4 at about 50 fps on low. Don't know if this is acceptable for OP tho,

Deleted
    Then I will probably pay a little bit more, so I can get a 860m. With that everything will just run a bit smoother.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious: when you say your old laptop 'died'... what happened? It may be something that can be fixed easily?

Deleted
    My screen decided to stop working. It was because of that my vga died .

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reschu View Post
    My screen decided to stop working. It was because of that my vga died .
    Ok so basically would cost as much to fix as to replace

Deleted
    The laptop was old, it wasn't worth it to repair.