Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Harming others for superficial reasons, such as culture, is objectively wrong. Also, it's female genital mutiliation. They practice it to control women.
    For goodness sake, they are not doing it purely for the sake of harming the person (I don't know how many times I have to say that). That WOULD be 'objectively' wrong, because no culture supports that, and I doubt any culture ever has.

Your 21st century feminism does not give you the right to declare that any of these practices are 'objectively' wrong. Please either stop using that phrase, or define it for me so that I know what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHast View Post
    So is circumcision, yet we didn't outlaw it, for all the supposed civilisation we live it.
    I was circumsized, and do not feel abused. Try again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    For goodness sake, they are not doing it purely for the sake of harming the person (I don't know how many times I have to say that). That WOULD be 'objectively' wrong, because no culture supports that, and I doubt any culture ever has.

Your 21st century feminism does not give you the right to declare that any of these practices are 'objectively' wrong. Please either stop using that phrase, or define it for me so that I know what you think it means.
    Feminism? This has fuck all to do with feminism and more to do with me not being someone who thinks cultural relativism is a good idea.

It doesn't matter why someone commits an harmful act, an harmful act is harmful regardless of the intent behind it.

Deleted
    Because of some misguided "respect" for culture and/or religion. That people like you perpetrate.
    Hahahaha.

No.

Circumcision has been brainwashed into society's heads, because it offers IMMENSE profits to hospitals. The cells in foreskins are used in cosmetics, cell research and whatever else.

Doctors are lying to parents about the ''benefits'' of circumcision ( which were overseen on AFRICAN PEOPLE who have next to no concepts of sexual hygiene ) so they can cash in on their boy's foreskin.

There's no religious reasoning, here.

It's pure capitalism, the tendency to do whatever it takes to get more money.

In this case, it's forsaking the VOW to help people through medicine just to get dough.

Deleted
    Hahahaha.

No.

Circumcision has been brainwashed into society's heads, because it offers IMMENSE profits to hospitals. The cells in foreskins are used in cosmetics, cell research and whatever else.

Doctors are lying to parents about the benefits of circumcision ( which were overseen on AFRICAN PEOPLE who have next to no concepts of sexual hygiene ) so they can cash in on their boy's foreskin.

In this case, it's forsaking the VOW to help people through medicine just to get dough.
    Yeah, no. It's pretty much only religious people or people with medical problems who get circumcised in my country. It's a problem with the culture in your country.

10+ Year Old Account
    ِِِِِAs others said, she is a hero

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I was circumsized, and do not feel abused. Try again.
    And you never will.

You can't know the difference between intact sex and mutilated sex.

Just because you don't feel abused doesn't mean you weren't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    If I kidnap you, bind you and anally rape you for the purposes of gaining sexual pleasure and/or cult ritual rather than for the purpose of hurting you, does that make it alright?
    No. Because, as I posted, child abuse is either harm for the sake of harm, or exploitation. Obviously the latter is appropriate here.

Deleted
    Yeah, no. It's pretty much only religious people or people with medical problems who get circumcised in my country. It's a problem with the culture in your country.
    Circumcision is next to non-existent in my country.

But if you think America is -WIDELY- muslim/jewish, then you are truly naive.

Yeah, no.
    Don't talk about things you don't comprehend, please.

Would you be surprised if I told you that hospitals have been selling discarded foreskins to private bio-research laboraties and pharmaceutical companies? You will be even more surprised when I tell you exactly where that precious, densely innervated tissue ends up!

Human foreskin is in great demand and equals multi-million dollar profits for bio-medical research and pharmaceutical companies. Why? Human flesh is a required raw research material for bio-medical companies in order to create many medical products from growing new tissue to use as skin grafts for burn patients, to creating new eyelids and used in the production of insulin. Foreskin is an ideal tissue because the young flesh grows better, is likely to be free of disease, and is a consistently and readily available resource.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha.

No.

Doctors are lying to parents about the ''benefits'' of circumcision ( which were overseen on AFRICAN PEOPLE who have next to no concepts of sexual hygiene ) so they can cash in on their boy's foreskin.

Um. Both of my brothers were circumcised soon after birth. Their foreskins went into the medical waste bin. You'd have to sign a waiver to allow anyone to do anything with them beyond incineration. At least, in the US. Most of the arguments I've seen against male circumcision have to do with loss of sensation as an adult, or a feeling that the one getting circumcised should be old enough to give consent before it happens. I've never heard of...any of this.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Because, as I posted, child abuse is either harm for the sake of harm, or exploitation. Obviously the latter is appropriate here.
    It's both of those, but it's also unintentional harm.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

How did this thread get off onto circumcision again? I thought we all agree'd to disagree on that one?

Deleted
    Circumcision is next to non-existent in my country.

But if you think America is -WIDELY- muslim/jewish, then you are truly naive.
    Yeah, it's not like I didn't mention culture.

Because of some misguided "respect" for culture and/or religion. That people like you perpetrate.

Deleted
    Um. Both of my brothers were circumcised soon after birth. Their foreskins went into the medical waste bin.
    Did you see them throwing the foreskin away?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it's not like I didn't mention culture.
    Mutilating kids is culture?

My bad.

Deleted
    Countless sexual abuses and violence acts happen in jail.

Capitalism makes people act like piranhas in a tank filled with meat.

The only difference between the Western World and Africa is that Africa's abuses are somehow more tragic than the ones happening in our supposed civilised world.
    I'm going to ignore the capitalism stuff because, quite frankly I want no part in the mess that discussion would be.

There is a difference between suffering which occurs in prison and a young girl being raped by an older man and messed up by it to the point where she kills a bunch of people.

In the former it is the natural result of putting a bunch of criminals in a building together and is one of the reasons we do so, to remove dangerous individuals from the public. That reason is not based on culture or tradition, it is based on the protection of other people.

In the latter a young girl has suffered to the point where she has done this (which should in no way be applauded). The reason for her suffering was because her society's culture told her, for no logical reason that she needed to get married and be raped by this man.

Well then in my example I am not anally raping you to harm you. I am doing it to cleanse my mind, body and soul as per the requirements of my cultural and religious teachings. How can you call that abuse and not call child mutilation abuse as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post
    Men, what bastards.

We should also root out rape in prisons, that way convicts don't create social circles to protect themselves.

Or maybe rape can actually protect people in less than ideal circumstances. Who knows. I think it's weird how Westerners define themselves by their sexuality and sexual activity rather than "Oh I live in NIGERIA." We don't know the circumstances, only that "she did not love him".
    Dumbest fucking post I've ever read on these forums. It's a forced marriage; she did not love him, which means she does not consent to any past, present, or future sexual intercourse. Therefore any sexual intercourse that has or would be performed by the husband onto the spouse is considered rape by legal definition. For fucks sake, some of you fucking people...
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you see them throwing the foreskin away?
    Do you have proof they were selling them for money? o_O
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Most of the arguments I've seen against male circumcision have to do with loss of sensation as an adult
    - loss of 80% of the penis' nerves

- loss of protective layer for the penis

- keratinisation

- horrible pain for the newborn

- breaking of bodily autonomy

list goes on.

Deleted
    Mutilating kids is culture?

My bad.
    Yeah? What makes you think it's not cultural if it's practiced widely?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    It's both of those, but it's also unintentional harm.
    Is it harm for the sake of harm? No, that's not why he's doing it.

And if you want to argue that causing unintentional harm is the criterion for classing something as 'objectively wrong', then it's a slippery slippery slope from there... (the example that comes to mind is second hand smoke. Go.)