Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Mutilation of sexual organs of a baby compared to marriage where you may need to have sex against your will?

You know, there are lots of good things about arranged marriages as well. The girl gets a husband, a man who is feeding, protecting and taking care of her. And the husband gets a wife, who takes care of him. There is more to marriage than just sex.

Shockingly, most people have sex willingly in life. Even do everything they can to please people to get them to have sex. Ultimately, sex drives the whole human society.

So when you need to have sex against your own will - it is a bad and unwanted thing - but it isn't the most atrocious thing happening in the world.
    This wasn't an arranged marriage - it was a forced marriage

Also, the last part. It's among one of the worse things.

Deleted
    Mutilation of sexual organs of a baby compared to marriage where you may need to have sex against your will?
    Both are evils. I fail to see how that somehow negates the evils of the latter however.

You know, there are lots of good things about arranged marriages as well. The girl gets a husband, a man who is feeding, protecting and taking care of her.
    So...slavery if there is no rape then?

Deleted
    I see child marriages more acceptable and moral than circumcision.
    So let me get this straight. You see forcing children as young as 8 to marry fully grown men who will repeatedly rape them more acceptable and moral than a stupid cosmetic change to the male genitals? You're basically saying you are in favour of paedophilia, slavery, sexual abuse and rape.

Please tell me you are trolling I cannot believe anyone would be this ignorant. How many boys have died because of a circumcision? ill give you a hint, not as many as the number of girls who die during childbirth because their bodies were too young to handle it.

Good on her, treating girls/women as a sub-class is bullshit. It happens in almost every culture to one degree or another too.

I'm embarrassed to be part of this species, often. So backward, stupid, lazy and primitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post

Not in my case. I completely sympathize with her situation and anyone who ever gets raped, but looking at all of this logically, everything being argued here is from an emotional standpoint with no barring on the actual substance. You guys are simply projecting your ideals on a culture whose social norm IS what it is.
    "Social norms" is a silly argument though. That is all they are. Norms. Once it was normal to keep slaves, but that doesn't mean that it was ever morally okay to keep slaves. Once it was normal to discriminate against people based on gender, orientation, etc. That doesn't mean it was ever morally okay to discriminate against people like that. It may be a social norm but it's still a barbaric practice, and when you do barbaric things to people, sometimes they will do barbaric things back to you in return.

- - - Updated - - -

So when you need to have sex against your own will - it is a bad and unwanted thing - but it isn't the most atrocious thing happening in the world.
    Sorry, but it is easilly joint top of the worst things to happen, alongside torture, murder, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    This wasn't an arranged marriage - it was a forced marriage

Also, the last part. It's among one of the worse things.
    Forced and arranged are pretty much the same thing. Usually a 14-year old girl/boy doesn't have the big picture about how life and world works so adults can make better a decisions in these kinds of things.

Yes rape is horrible and should be punished. But not by murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

As I am actually peeking around health risks for child brides, and noticing a higher instance of HIV .. it got me wondering.
    As a society are these people really okay with it or is it more like something they overlook the ethics of.
    If you have a family of 5 and 2 are girls and some dude is going to pay you for one of them, that means everyone can live a little longer, rite? Clearly it's not the best situation since the sold person could be displacing another teenager who will become homeless, which would lead to rape and other nasty shit, but also insane health risks she wouldn't normally have.
    Digging into it a little the picture painted, of this, whole, "pick a teen, use her up, dump her, get another" is very unsettling.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    "Social norms" is a silly argument though. That is all they are. Norms. Once it was normal to keep slaves, but that doesn't mean that it was ever morally okay to keep slaves. Once it was normal to discriminate against people based on gender, orientation, etc. That doesn't mean it was ever morally okay to discriminate against people like that. It may be a social norm but it's still a barbaric practice, and when you do barbaric things to people, sometimes they will do barbaric things back to you in return.
    Well back in the days of slavery it wasn't seen as immoral to have a slave. In fact most people saw it as a sign of status. Its immoral by modern standards.
    Whats is seen as moral changes over time so you cant be so blanket with morality. Don't get me wrong i don't agree with forced marriages at all. But if said culture sees it as moral... The fact the country has laws preventing such things yet doesnt act on them would be more of a concern in the first place.

I hope they apply sharia on her.

Why marry young women when instead they can be out being whores and having illegitimate children and have their own show on MTV. I agree the older guys should lay off and let the young guys marry them, but that's africa.

And no it's not just us muslims either. The whole of africa and lots of other parts in this world still marry this young.

In america they don't marry they just get abused and used or do incestual stuff.

I hope they apply sharia on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Morality is something the human race dictate and change. Change is possible if the majority wants it (and there's enough power driving the force behind it). In Nigeria's case and every other country that practices this like India for example, these are not things where there's enough power driving the force behind it within their own communities. The people that are for this in those places are the ones with power - and the ones who are not for it don't have a shred of hope because they are just children.

The only way things will change is if an outside force interferes - I.E. the U.S.A

Deleted
    Forced and arranged are pretty much the same thing. Usually a 14-year old girl/boy doesn't have the big picture about how life and world works so adults can make better a decisions in these kinds of things.

Yes rape is horrible and should be punished. But not by murder.
    No, they're not pretty much the same thing.

And, it should definitely be punished by death or lifetime prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post
    Both are evils. I fail to see how that somehow negates the evils of the latter however.

So...slavery if there is no rape then?
    My point was the hypocrisy people have regarding other cultures. Circumcision is just as bad as arranged marriages. Most of the commenters here are probably Americans, where circumcision is considered a norm. Yet they question arranged/forced marriages done in Nigeria, which is and has been part of their culture for ages.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    As I am actually peeking around health risks for child brides, and noticing a higher instance of HIV .. it got me wondering.
    As a society are these people really okay with it or is it more like something they overlook the ethics of.
    If you have a family of 5 and 2 are girls and some dude is going to pay you for one of them, that means everyone can live a little longer, rite? Clearly it's not the best situation since the sold person could be displacing another teenager who will become homeless, which would lead to rape and other nasty shit, but also insane health risks she wouldn't normally have.
    Digging into it a little the picture painted, of this, whole, "pick a teen, use her up, dump her, get another" is very unsettling.
    The higher instances of HIV is an odd point. Is this a case of older women wont marry a male with HIV (i would assume so) so said men go for the former option resulting in these higher infection rates.
    The whole concept of whats happened is horrid really and a change should be rooted from the government who have the laws and the power to stop it but seem unwilling to act

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    And, it should definitely be punished by death or lifetime prison.
    Don't get me wrong here I totally agree with you, but in the case of trading your kid for food or money, does that create a grey area in the situation esp if you are living in a situation where starvation is real?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Fine, so I used the wrong term for the marriage. Doesn't alter any of my arguments.

And what do you expect me to gain from reading those articles? I already know exactly what FGM is. And please don't give any credibility to that first article, it's horribly narrow minded and biased.
    Good god, you're one of the most ignorant posters I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

People like you are disgusting beyond words for conveniently answering away disgusting acts like FGM done against innocent girls with spiels of "oh oh but it's their culture!".

Let me give you some cold hard facts of reality. Modern medical science > You, and groups/nations or even entire cultures sharing completely ignorant views.
    There's a reason the modern world is progressing at the rate it is and it isn't by allowing these BS views such as yours any place at the table.
    Sure, we're not going to go invade them but that doesn't mean we should sit around playing ignorant when these people deserve to be ridiculed and criticized at every turn for embracing, in most cases, willful ignorance.

Deleted
    My point was the hypocrisy people have regarding other cultures. Circumcision is just as bad as arranged marriages. Most of the commenters here are probably Americans, where circumcision is considered a norm. Yet they question arranged/forced marriages done in Nigeria, which is and has been part of their culture for ages.
    Circumcision should be questioned, I entirely agree there. However it's not hypocrisy to be disgusted by this if you live in a society where circumcision is legal. This is basically abducting a girl against her will and using her as a slave (if there is no rape) and that in and of itself is sickening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    Well back in the days of slavery it wasn't seen as immoral to have a slave. In fact most people saw it as a sign of status. Its immoral by modern standards.
    Whats is seen as moral changes over time so you cant be so blanket with morality. Don't get me wrong i don't agree with forced marriages at all. But if said culture sees it as moral... The fact the country has laws preventing such things yet doesnt act on them would be more of a concern in the first place.
    Throughout slavery there were always people who protested it. There were always people who said it was wrong. It's simply incorrect to say that everyone was okay with it and at the time it was totally moral and fine and no one had a problem with it. It's a similar case to things like conflict minerals. Most people see having (for example) a ton of big shiny gadgets as a status symbol and a lot of people treat it as totally normal, but there are still a bunch of people who recognise that the tungsten, gold, etc in the circuitry of those gadgets come from mines run by African Warlords who use the money to finance genocide, and that that is wrong.

Not to mention, even if at the time everyone thought it was okay, these things change over time. When people start to realise that these things are wrong and fight back against them, some pretty barbaric things often occur early on (like with slavery), but just because it is considered normal doesn't mean that the people fighting back at the start are wrong. Someone has to make the first move, and it can't be subtle.

Deleted
    I think more that these people would argue 100% against female genital mutilation yet apparently if its a male bit its ok because its only "cosmetic" as someone put..

Bloodsail Admiral
    I Am getting Sick or the crap of all the fools that call the girl in this topic a murder. People get your fucking act together and realise that the fucking laws and crap your have been raised with doesn't matter shit in her situation and the she did the right thing here. She an unique case of a scared and hurt girl who had the strength and courage to do such a thing to her "husband" and his shithead friends. All of you SEXIST and LICK ASSES need to stop saying she should not have done it. So you like all girls and women to obey the law, men and especially their husband and suffer. It that really more Important to you? Is it? because she has killed someone for good or for ill, you bitches see her tainted and that you even have the nerve to say she also DESERVE TO DIE FOR THIS!!!!! by saying all of this shit your effectively taking her tormentors side and advocating Child abuse, Rape, Paedophilia and Oppression of women. Are you proud of yourself for being so "moral", "proper" and "Civilised". good you should be because that shows your more willing to force you stupid and retard opinion on others and shit. truly you people are the "good" ones here with your apathy and the fact your being more worried about murder then the torment or little children.

If anyone remember watching A Time to Kill with Matthew McConaughey and Samuel L. Jackson. Hope you remember that the court could only empathise with the Father and his raped daughter by hearing the story repeat for the Millionth time with the twist of " now imagine she's white". Think about that you racist scum would your persecute a girl in Europe or America for murdering someone who raped or forced you into a marriage? Would you hate Jaycee Lee Dugard if she fought back and killed Phillip Nancy Garrido during or even before she got abducted? would you call that murder or self-defence? to most of you sexist and ignorant bastard it would would make real difference killing is killing and therefore all murders, sympathetic or not all killing crime is equal to you is it not?

To all the people who are debating about this atrocity in a civil and coherent matter and about legitimate point and not being insensitive to the horrors of this and or for other sympathetic and altruistic reason I'm sorry for my rant. but for the rest who would rip at me for saying this and pointing out the flaw's in your Ideals. Go ahead, please do.
    Nihilism is not the end but the beginning of what is real. Making something out of nothing.
    Yeah I'm an Asshole but I'd rather be critical as fuck than to sugarcoat everything in fear of offending people. Get tough and endure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goranus View Post
    I Am getting Sick or the crap of all the fools that call the girl in this topic a murder.
    She is a murderer. I'm not saying that she is wrong for what she did but she is a murderer by the definition of the word.