Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Deleted
    Deserved it so bad.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Killing someone who had every intention of raping a young teenager is a good thing, in my book. Fuck your moral relativism.
    I agree with this.
    I salute her, but maybe took it a little far.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    But you know feminists, americans obsessions with pedophiles and the cultural racism and superiority makes people say crazy things. People are literally saying the forced marriage justifies mass murder.
    Go and ask people "whats worse than mass murder?" you get rape as an answer these days.
    Then you should personally help out people in similar and same situations so they don't have to do anything so rash as the best idea they can come up with.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    what is truly gross is the self righteous doorknobs blatantly ignoring what a horrible practice this is, and could/would have lead to rape, abuse. so spare us the crocodile tears. if she truly felt this was the only option for her then you have no room to pass judgement on her, or the people defending her.
    I like how you condemn the 'raping' husband, yet condone the murdering wife. Double standard much? If you read the story, her motive was not fear of rape, it was because she did not love him. On those grounds, do you find it acceptable for any spouse who does not feel love for their partner to murder them?

    *~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

  5. #45
    Titan
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    11,568
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    But you know feminists, americans obsessions with pedophiles and the cultural racism and superiority makes people say crazy things. People are literally saying the forced marriage justifies mass murder.
    Go and ask people "whats worse than mass murder?" you get rape as an answer these days.
    Are you seriously trying to make light of child rape?
    What do you suggest this girl should've done to save herself from rape and forced marriage? There is absolutely nothing she could've done. NOTHING! She took matters into her own hands and punished all the people who obviously didn't give two shits about her or her well-being.
    Anyone attending a child rapist forced wedding sincerely deserves whatever suffering they get.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Yep fuck the law/police
    The law/police in countries with child brides? Yes absolutely fuck them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I understand your point of view. But I'm not exactly feeling sorry for dead rapist pedophiles either, considering that there wasn't a single shred of doubt about their guilt. But I suppose you'd rather have a child forced into marriage with a man over twice her age... I guess that's okay with you.
    You call people celebrating this as disgusting, but you don't realize what you've just condoned yourself.
    Both are bad options. But its a choice between a bad marriage or 3 dead bodies? Yeah I think I know which one I would take.

    *~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

  8. #48
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    I like how you condemn the 'raping' husband, yet condone the murdering wife. Double standard much? If you read the story, her motive was not fear of rape, it was because she did not love him. On those grounds, do you find it acceptable for any spouse who does not feel love for their partner to murder them?
    I think you don't understand how such marriages work.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Little hard to selectively poison people at a feast.

    Also, you'd be surprised how complicit women are in some misogynistic cultures.
    And thus we revert back to my first post.

    But no, I really wouldn't be. If you indoctrinate someone from birth, there's a really great chance they'll internalize it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    You've got to be joking. So if pedophilia, rape, and murder were all legal in a country we should just ignore it because "it's legal"?

    It's normal in North Korea to be sent to a work camp or be shot in the head for not praising the allmighty Great Leader. I guess we should just leave NK be, since that's what's legal there Oh how misguided we are for hating North Korea!

    Hell, let's take this even further! 200 years ago it was completely legal to own slaves. So that can't have been wrong, right? It was legal and normal! Let's all get back to slaves, 'cus that can't be wrong if we simply make it legal!

    Do you realize how horrendously ridiculous your statement is now?
    200 years ago the idea that maybe it wasn't OK to own slaves was a novel concept. Your values aren't the product of you being Magical Ethics Man who's just superbly ethical in all regards, but of the culture you were exposed to. While it's really easy to condemn and judge people with different values than you as somehow being deficient, to ignore that you're in large part the product of your environment while doing so is ridiculous.

  10. #50
    The term Pedophile being used here disgusts me, "an adult who is sexually attracted to young children." 14 isn't "Young Children"

    And the reason people find it wrong, is because if she wanted to poison him, why did she do it at the party. and not do it where she would only poison him, instead of everyone? thats the part everyone is missing here. she could have poisoned him alone later. but instead poisoned the whole party of people not related to the incident at all!

  11. #51
    Titan
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    11,568
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    I like how you condemn the 'raping' husband, yet condone the murdering wife. Double standard much? If you read the story, her motive was not fear of rape, it was because she did not love him. On those grounds, do you find it acceptable for any spouse who does not feel love for their partner to murder them?
    You seem to think that it's somehow wrong to kill rapists. I find that both amusing and disgusting.

  12. #52
    Deleted
    Reading a few comments here, and i'll answer them best i can.

    1) Her crime is premeditated murder/ culpable homicide, however, she is a minor and as such will be tried legally; Albeit in a juvenile court and not a local village/ religious one.

    2) The reason why she cannot plead self-defense is due to her not being directly in danger, as of yet, she was at a feast and supposed to be eating; She most likely would of been raped afterwards as is typical, but the prosecution will destroy any case where self-defense is brought up.

    3) Her being sentenced to death is not a possibility, primarily due to age.

    Consequently, the Supreme Court in Modupe v. The State[48] held that under section 368 (3), if at the time the offence was committed, an accused charged with capital offence has not attained the age of 17 years it will be wrong for any court non only to sentence him to death but also even to pronounce or record such sentence.
    However, that is little comfort, as Nigerian prison is a terrible, terrible place to be imprisoned.

    I personally shed no tears over such people practicing abhorrent things like so and meeting similar ends, but i'm pointing out that legally she's boned; Even if emotionally i support her.

    Sadly, women are often counted as expensive animals in such nations; Grass root movements are direly needed for a majority of things.

  13. #53
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warstrife View Post
    The term Pedophile being used here disgusts me, "an adult who is sexually attracted to young children." 14 isn't "Young Children"

    And the reason people find it wrong, is because if she wanted to poison him, why did she do it at the party. and not do it where she would only poison him, instead of everyone? thats the part everyone is missing here. she could have poisoned him alone later. but instead poisoned the whole party of people not related to the incident at all!
    Yeah, people celebrating that she was forcefully married have nothing to do with it, at all.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    On those grounds, do you find it acceptable for any spouse who does not feel love for their partner to murder them?
    depends on the situation, if she did not love him then the chances of such abuse taking place are likely.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Yeah, people celebrating that she was forcefully married have nothing to do with it, at all.
    I guess forget the fact that that is the norm in that country right? so by all means poison everyone who is around just cause they are going with the way they were raised, taught and have lived for their life..... Totally doesn't matter at all.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Warstrife View Post
    The term Pedophile being used here disgusts me, "an adult who is sexually attracted to young children." 14 isn't "Young Children"

    And the reason people find it wrong, is because if she wanted to poison him, why did she do it at the party. and not do it where she would only poison him, instead of everyone? thats the part everyone is missing here. she could have poisoned him alone later. but instead poisoned the whole party of people not related to the incident at all!
    Very fair. He may not be considered a pedophile to a great deal of the people of where he lives, she could of also tried to get just him. It's possible she had reason to go after some of em but also possible she just didn't think it through and was simply angry and hurt more people than she should of.

    Point is she more likely than not did what she considered to be the best idea at the time. People in her situation don't tend to make it out well and those who do tend to suffer greatly with an insane amount of psychological drama or simple emotional walling. Plus she's 14, I know few that are that age and fully realistic about long term events. We learn as we grow following a plan and adjust so possible short term quick answer for her like I said.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    You seem to think that it's somehow wrong to kill rapists. I find that both amusing and disgusting.
    I guess I'm not as flippant as some people when it comes to human life.

    *~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

  18. #58
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    You seem to think that it's somehow wrong to kill rapists. I find that both amusing and disgusting.
    You're pretty much a typical tumblr feminist so it's kinda pointles to reply to you.

  19. #59
    Thread about child brides gets hijacked into us heaping scorn on "Tumblr feminazis".

    Stay classy, internet forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    And thus we revert back to my first post.

    But no, I really wouldn't be. If you indoctrinate someone from birth, there's a really great chance they'll internalize it.
    Precisely. The men are indoctrinated too, of course. Though it's a little harder to pity them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  20. #60
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warstrife View Post
    I guess forget the fact that that is the norm in that country right? so by all means poison everyone who is around just cause they are going with the way they were raised, taught and have lived for their life..... Totally doesn't matter at all.
    So what if it's the fucking norm? You shouldn't accept people getting hurt just because of some fucking stupid ridiculous batshit insane norm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •