Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    Bullshit. Women in the UK (and you damned well know this) are not brought up like this. If you were then blame your own parents. The main thing that gets in the way of women who want to advance themselves is the woman!

If you want something go get it. If you don't then don't. The UK doesnt teach anything other than that. Or should i point out that girls generally out achieve boys across the examination spectrum. or that more women go to university than men. Or that more men die on the job than women ect ect. I can spin this right back at you but dont start making crass points a sprouting unproven feministic rhetoric
    Sorry, but it is the case in a lot of cases. It's not as extreme as in the west, but half the shit girls grow up watching (disney movies since forever) just teach you that your lot in life is to find a prince and marry him and make babies and live happily ever after under his bootheel.

And yep, a lot of things are bad for men, but all of the things you just listed are a result of the patriarchy - which is a system of oppression implemented by men. Just, occasionally it bites back against men. That doesn't mean that the patriarchy and oppression of women isn't a real thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goranus View Post
    Fair enough men and women have different core personallies and why I hate Double standard is because it creates stereotypes or men and women to follow or else they are disgrace to their repective gender. Having human beings becoming more mentally androgynous could in my own opinion help both genders have respect for one another, and although we are on the right path still their is still a long way to go. but I don't want It to go too far become too mentally Androgynous.
    I personally dont think there is a respect issue between genders other than those who go out of their way to be arseholes.

I got called a sexist pig today for holding a door open for a woman. I frankly didnt give too fucks what she was. someone was behind me so i held the door like a normal person rather than slamming it in their face. But such people are the reason why the former of your post will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That doesn't suddenly make it reasonable to expect people raised in that society to have a spontaneous epiphany and decide all of their values and customs are wrong.
    Agreed. Societal upheaval typically requires violence in an extreme way. Slavery didn't end in the United States with a shake of hands. Democracy didn't come to France by consent of the monarchy. The Lutherans didn't change religion in central Europe through purely peaceful means. Sometimes, peaceful changes happen over long periods of time, but more often, it comes through social unrest and violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    It isn't, the max sentence for sexual coercion is 2 years max. The max sentence for rape is 6 and the minimum is 2.
    It's 4-10 if it's classified as aggravated rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    'once heard a story' being the key part. Maybe the cops thought that the boyfriend was just being drunk & rowdy, saw a guy look at his girlfriend, and went off on them. The story after the fact being a 'uhh... I WAS DEFENDING HER!'

and while I'm pretty much for freedom of choice in everything... I gotta play devil's advocate to some comments about the legality of abortion...

In the US, when a man has sex with a woman, and she has a child... either by accident, conniving, or a failure of birth control. The guy is told to pay up, because if he didn't want a child he shouldn't have had sex.

Are there people that are OK with this, but scream foul play when a woman in another country is told that if she didn't want a child she shouldn't have had sex ?
    I disagree, vehemently, about the way men are treated in US courts when it comes to child support/alimony/custody. But when a man plants his seed, that's the end of it. He doesn't need to carry the child to term and experience the massive pain of childbirth.

Remember that Roe v. Wade didn't start abortions, it simply moved them out of back alleys and stopped them being performed with coat hangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    The only one in that list I've seen is Game of Thrones, and Daenerys is one of the worst examples you could have picked. She's sold away to Drogo for an army and raped by him, but through the power of rape, she falls in love with him, has his child and follows him around everywhere. It's only after she has lost her love interest / rapist that she has nothing left to live for so does the rest of the things she does.
    I can't STAND it when a women falls in love with her rapist. It mental torture that breaks a person and makes them completely and utterly dependant on the rapist or worse, the women is simply a whore who enjoyed from the very start. I have more respect and sympathy to the former then that later because she fought but lost. Trying is much better then just giving up.
    Last edited by Goradan; 2014-04-11 at 01:26 PM.

I apologize for understanding human moral development in even the most basic way.
    An explanation isn't a validation.

These cultures reject notions of equality, and the obvious suffering of the people around them(as reflected in sexist and draconian laws.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    It's 4-10 if it's classified as aggravated rape.
    Yeah, but most rapes aren't aggrevated, a minority get classified as that. Pretty much have to be multiple perpetrators or hurt the victim so much that you'd most likely get convicted for aggrevated assault.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Truestrike View Post
    I will celebrate it all day and night. This girl is a hero, the people that she killed were scum. The society that spawned this situation needs to be destroyed and rebuilt; the only way to do that is through acts like this.
    These kinds of comments are the cancer of our planet and cause of millions of deaths and wars.

If you are American, you know the fundamentalistic muslim world thinks about you exactly the way you just described your thoughts about Nigeria/muslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Truestrike View Post
    I will celebrate it all day and night. This girl is a hero, the people that she killed were scum. The society that spawned this situation needs to be destroyed and rebuilt; the only way to do that is through acts like this.
    I'm sure she will be happy you are cheering for her and thinks she is a hero when her entire life is essentially ruined and she may be locked up, or worse, executed.

Deleted
    Sorry, but it is the case in a lot of cases. It's not as extreme as in the west, but half the shit girls grow up watching (disney movies since forever) just teach you that your lot in life is to find a prince and marry him and make babies and live happily ever after under his bootheel.

And yep, a lot of things are bad for men, but all of the things you just listed are a result of the patriarchy - which is a system of oppression implemented by men. Just, occasionally it bites back against men. That doesn't mean that the patriarchy and oppression of women isn't a real thing.
    Nobody forces you to watch Disney, nor forces you to adhere to age old stereotypes. You have a brain of your own i assume. So to argue shit you watched when you were 5 forces you into pre-set social constructs either shows you are full of crap or very weak minded.
    By your argument i should be off hunting dragons and trying so save women from tall buildings.

But im done with this with you as im arguing with a wall. You keep coming back to.. "zomg a mans world written for men and men only and women are sub-servant"

If your too blind to see past your own hypocrisy in this then i feel sorry for you.

ps: funny as hell thay you cite a business known for being xenophobic racists as part of your argument. Next you will be telling me that because people watch Disney that everyone hates Jews

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    ...the fundamentalistic muslim world thinks about you exactly the way you just described your thoughts about Nigeria/muslims.
    Of course, as we all know, societies that sanction child rape and the death penalty homosexuals are just as morally righteous as those that don't. Such obvious bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHast View Post
    Yet you cheer for mass murder.

/clap
    I'm not cheering, but I believe in something called self-defense. I believe someone, male or female, has the right to defend themselves from rape, let alone a lifetime of rape. Especially if the prospect of a child bearing a child is potentially deadly, which in these parts of the world, it very often is, which would make this defending her life itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I'm sure she will be happy you are cheering for her and thinks she is a hero when her entire life is essentially ruined and she may be locked out, or worse, executed.
    Her life was ruined when she was married though, that is pretty much why she did as she did.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHast View Post
    What rape? She wasn't raped by anyone.

And if she was, it's their culture. Those people DON'T KNOW BETTER. That's not enough to warrant all of them being killed.
    Actually, yes, it's rape. She didn't consent to the marriage, therefore she didn't consent to consummate the marriage either. It's sex slavery.

"Early and forced marriage is classified as modern-day slavery by the U.N. labor organization."

Tell me how you know better than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    I'm not cheering, but I believe in something called self-defense. I believe someone, male or female, has the right to defend themselves from rape, let alone a lifetime of rape. Especially if the prospect of a child bearing a child is potentially deadly, which in these parts of the world, it very often is, which would make this defending her life itself.
    I really don't know if she thought that far ahead about the rape, let alone death by giving birth (how would she even know about this considering the education they get?).

Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post
    Her life was ruined when she was married though, that is pretty much why she did as she did.
    There's many more girls in the exact or worse situation than she was that are living life right now, "ruined" as you say. I really doubt every single one of them have given up hope or are not making the best out of the situation. I would also suffice to say that there are probably those who believe they are happy with their rapist - whether it's a false sense of security or not, who knows, but if they have fooled themselves into thinking they are happy (or perhaps are truly happy), does it really matter?
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2014-04-11 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    The only one in that list I've seen is Game of Thrones, and Daenerys is one of the worst examples you could have picked. She's sold away to Drogo for an army and raped by him, but through the power of rape, she falls in love with him, has his child and follows him around everywhere. It's only after she has lost her love interest / rapist that she has nothing left to live for so does the rest of the things she does.
    Fair point. But it still doesn't detract from her latter achievments. The first part of your post only serves my post. You argue there is not enough strong female role models in TV yet i just listed several in big tv shows that you don't know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Of course, as we all know, societies that sanction child rape and the death penalty homosexuals are just as morally righteous as those that don't. Such obvious bullshit.
    There are more aspects of culture than what the society finds acceptable of doing with your sexual organs. That is the point some of "us westerners" don't seem to understand when they moralize others.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

So do lots of cultures, including our own. Simply put, I think the idea of humans as morally capable beings independent of their experience and environment is entirely disconnected from reality and something that needs to change, along with concepts surrounding guilty and responsibility.
    We undoubtedly are capable of morality outside of our experience and environment. How would social progress ever be made if humans were incapable of challenging the ethical status quo?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    Fair point. But it still doesn't detract from her latter achievments. The first part of your post only serves my post. You argue there is not enough strong female role models in TV yet i just listed several in big tv shows that you don't know.
    Well, I'm gay, so as far as female role models, I'm more interested in strong gay women, so in my case I basically have to choose between the cast of Lip Service and The L word, and tend not to be interested in watching breeder shows.