Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ...
38
46
47
48
49
50
... LastLast
  1. #941
    The Insane Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    17,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullderp View Post
    Using my earlier example--beheading for reading banned religious books--just because they think this is the right thing to do doesn't make it so. There are some things which are, or should be, universally accepted as morally right or wrong. If human rights are being violated in certain countries, we can and should have the moral obligation to step in and see these human rights are upheld. Cultural sensitivity only goes so far.
    This is a slippery slope, because you can bend and twist things around if you start exhibiting some universal human rights thing.

    Regarding controversial subjects such as child marriage and abortion....

    How do you make the call with abortion that it is or is not violating human rights? And of which human? The mother, the child, both? Having or not having an abortion has consequences, too. That might contradict with the original purpose of the decision made about the abortion in the first place.

    And child marriages? Yes it's against the child's rights to make the decision whether to marry or not. But the decision the child makes doesn't necessarily make it "the right" thing for him/her. The consequences might be bad, if you decide to not marry - aka not have a husband, home, kids, food, life.....

    So giving the child the option to choose might actually do them more harm than good. There is no objective right or wrong. Freedom comes with a price.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  2. #942
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHast View Post
    Will you stop treating your suppositions that the man would rape her as fact?

    Just because you have a penis doesn't mean you are a rapist.

    Jesus, you people. You claim to want equality but every man's a fucking rapist in your eyes.
    If she didn't consent to the marriage, how did she consent to consummating the marriage? What repercussions could she face for leaving? What repercussions could she face for refusing sexual intercourse?

    Child brides are slaves, and as they are not allowed to refuse sexual intercourse with their husband, they are sex slaves by extension.

    "Forced" marriage, which of course includes consummation of said marriage, equates to forced sex, which some people call rape.

  3. #943
    Over 9000! Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    9,607
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    While she was in a shit situation, killing is not the answer here.
    If you had a gun and was being charged by a bear, what exactly would you do?

  4. #944
    The Lightbringer Tzalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHast View Post
    She wanted to kill them, which makes her a psycho.
    Now that's jumping to conclusions.

    All we know is that she wanted out of it. I applaud her for doing something, but I agree that killing them was overdoing it. But we can't call her a psycho because we do not know if death was the goal or if she just did not see another way.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

  5. #945
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    If you had a gun and was being charged by a bear, what exactly would you do?
    That is a false analogy. Her life was not in immediate danger while cooking.

  6. #946
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    They forgot the fact its north Nigeria. Muslims are allowed, or follow there own shariah law. (Nigería's own federal law actually forbids marriage before 18) And I doubt a 14yo got any other way to escape. I got the feeling she thought murder was the only way out.
    Stop talking out your ass. The age of consent is 18. That says nothing about Marriage. Ironically, if you are married to a person you are free to ignore the age of consent, although it can be used against you if you are prosecuted for another crime.

  7. #947
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    We don't know if they even consummated. You cannot call him a rapist, we don't know if they had sex.
    So your argument hinges on the possibility that her husband never consummated or planned on consummating their marriage. How likely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Refusing to put out for your Husband is not rape in their country so you cannot call it rape. Marital rape has only been a crime in the West for what only 30-40 years? Again with the double standards and the righteousness...
    Once again, telling a man or woman who has been forced to have sex that they weren't raped doesn't make them feel any less raped. When men are mocked or called gay for claiming to have been raped by a woman, do they feel less raped? No, they don't.

    There's your double standard.

  8. #948
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Now that's jumping to conclusions.

    All we know is that she wanted out of it. I applaud her for doing something, but I agree that killing them was overdoing it. But we can't call her a psycho because we do not know if death was the goal or if she just did not see another way.
    Even if she was trying to kill him, it doesn't mean she is a psychopath. Most murderers are not psychopaths.

  9. #949
    Over 9000! Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    9,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    That is a false analogy. Her life was not in immediate danger while cooking.
    How do you know the bear was going to kill you? Why not turn and run? Is it false to assume the bear would immediately kill you and there was no other possible outcome?

  10. #950
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    If you had a gun and was being charged by a bear, what exactly would you do?
    Point at the bear so my girlfriend sees it, get out my .22lr and shoot her in the knee caps while she's distracted.

    Briskly walk away as mother nature triumphs over my now ex.

    Wait, were we being serious?

    Of course i'd do anything possible to avoid a forced marriage, and the almost certain rape after the wedding.

  11. #951
    The Insane Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    17,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Being forced to take the trash out or being forced to do your homework are a little different to being forced to marry (potentially for life) a man you do not wish to marry, to have sex with him as and when he desires (as is the case in their culture), bear his children without a say in the matter, and risk your life in doing so.

    You have to see there is a bit of a difference in those things. Even the most serious things you are forced to do in the west (like... you are forced (pretty much) to go to a particular school by your parents) are really nothing compared to that. Also, in the west you have a lot more legal protection for the extreme things you don't want to do. You have places you can call (child abuse places like Childline) if the things you are being forced to do are too extreme.
    I was forced to go to the military (like every man in my country), I was forced to serve my country with my life (literally).

    I don't think those are small things. I would do them without being forced, too. But that doesn't change they are being forced upon me.

    I really have hard time understanding the demonizing of sex. Everyone WANTS to have sex in their life, it's the best thing in the world.

    Now when sex is forced it becomes the WORST AND MOST ATROCIOUS THING IN THE WORLD.

    How the fuck does that kind of switch happen.

    Of course I think rape is bad. But I don't understand the polarization. I think there is a lot of hypocrisy, exaggeration and victimization involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  12. #952
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    How do you know the bear was going to kill you? Why not turn and run? Is it false to assume the bear would immediately kill you and there was no other possible outcome?
    Whether or not the bear will eventually kill you is irrelevant. If a bear charges you, your life is in immediate grave danger.

  13. #953
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I really have hard time understanding the demonizing of sex. Everyone WANTS to have sex in their life, it's the best thing in the world.

    Now when sex is forced it becomes the WORST AND MOST ATROCIOUS THING IN THE WORLD..
    Not all sexual experiences for all involved parties are pleasurable.

    Would you look forward to sex if you were unlikely to orgasm because your partner wasn't interested in your pleasure, or even your comfort? If it was a painful experience for you because you aren't aroused by your partner, would you look forward to doing that again?

  14. #954
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    6,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I was forced to go to the military (like every man in my country), I was forced to serve my country with my life (literally).

    I don't think those are small things. I would do them without being forced, too. But that doesn't change they are being forced upon me.

    I really have hard time understanding the demonizing of sex. Everyone WANTS to have sex in their life, it's the best thing in the world.

    Now when sex is forced it becomes the WORST AND MOST ATROCIOUS THING IN THE WORLD.

    How the fuck does that kind of switch happen.

    Of course I think rape is bad. But I don't understand the polarization. I think there is a lot of hypocrisy, exaggeration and victimization involved.
    I would fight tooth and nail to prevent conscription, too. I think that's an awful practice when applied to all men everywhere in the country. I am sorry you were forced into that.

    As to the sex thing. Firstly, not everyone wants to have sex in their life. There are people who don't want to at all. Not that that neccesarily relates to this, but worth noting for the future.

    Secondly, it's just a totally different thing when it's forced onto you. It's not the sex itself that people want, but sex with someone they want to have sex with. The end of that sentance is key. You don't want sex with anything and everything, else we'd all just be out banging sheep and goats. You (generally) want sex with someone who you care for and are attracted to and possibly even someone you love. When you are forced into it, not only is it probably none of these things, but it's also one of (if not absolutley THE) the most base and vulgar violation of your basic human rights possible. You are having your dignity, your pride, your wishes and desires and hopes and wants and dreams all stripped away from you against your will, and having them replaced with nothing but shame and pain. It's utterly barbaric. Hence why even back in biblical times, it was used (even against male soldiers) as a way of subjugating a population after you have conqured them.

  15. #955
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Now when sex is forced it becomes the WORST AND MOST ATROCIOUS THING IN THE WORLD.

    How the fuck does that kind of switch happen.

    Of course I think rape is bad. But I don't understand the polarization. I think there is a lot of hypocrisy, exaggeration and victimization involved.
    Have you ever talked to a victim of rape about how it's affected their life?

  16. #956
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    If she didn't consent to the marriage, how did she consent to consummating the marriage? What repercussions could she face for leaving? What repercussions could she face for refusing sexual intercourse?

    Child brides are slaves, and as they are not allowed to refuse sexual intercourse with their husband, they are sex slaves by extension.

    "Forced" marriage, which of course includes consummation of said marriage, equates to forced sex, which some people call rape.
    Did the guy consummate the marriage?

    No?

    Then stop assuming he would've raped her.

    Disgusting misandrists, thinking having a penis means you're a rapist.

  17. #957
    Blademaster Bullderp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    America's Mitten
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    else we'd all just be out banging sheep and goats.
    Alabama says 'hello.' :3

  18. #958
    Plainly stupid, that's what she is. She didn't want to live in forced marrige, now she will live in a prison in much worse condition, probably being raped/tortured on regular basis with no chance to escape or revange in future. A good example of how you make a bad situation much worse.
    Everyone claiming she did the right thing doesn't even remotely care about the girl who ruined her life, but only about his twisted sence of righteousness.

  19. #959
    The Insane Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    17,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    Not all sexual experiences for all involved parties are pleasurable.

    Would you look forward to sex if you were unlikely to orgasm because your partner wasn't interested in your pleasure, or even your comfort? If it was a painful experience for you because you aren't aroused by your partner, would you look forward to doing that again?
    Obviously I would not enjoy it and wouldn't look forward to doing that again. But people do other discomforting things, too, because it's part of life and needs to be done. Like work.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.

  20. #960
    Titan Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    12,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Might not have killed anyone, including her husband. Imagine what he would have done to her.
    She could have waited for another time, poison just his food later that week, then make an escape?

    All comments are my own personal views & opinions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •