Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    If you had a gun and was being charged by a bear, what exactly would you do?
    Point at the bear so my girlfriend sees it, get out my .22lr and shoot her in the knee caps while she's distracted.

Briskly walk away as mother nature triumphs over my now ex.

Wait, were we being serious?

Of course i'd do anything possible to avoid a forced marriage, and the almost certain rape after the wedding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Being forced to take the trash out or being forced to do your homework are a little different to being forced to marry (potentially for life) a man you do not wish to marry, to have sex with him as and when he desires (as is the case in their culture), bear his children without a say in the matter, and risk your life in doing so.

You have to see there is a bit of a difference in those things. Even the most serious things you are forced to do in the west (like... you are forced (pretty much) to go to a particular school by your parents) are really nothing compared to that. Also, in the west you have a lot more legal protection for the extreme things you don't want to do. You have places you can call (child abuse places like Childline) if the things you are being forced to do are too extreme.
    I was forced to go to the military (like every man in my country), I was forced to serve my country with my life (literally).

I don't think those are small things. I would do them without being forced, too. But that doesn't change they are being forced upon me.

I really have hard time understanding the demonizing of sex. Everyone WANTS to have sex in their life, it's the best thing in the world.

Now when sex is forced it becomes the WORST AND MOST ATROCIOUS THING IN THE WORLD.

How the fuck does that kind of switch happen.

Of course I think rape is bad. But I don't understand the polarization. I think there is a lot of hypocrisy, exaggeration and victimization involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    How do you know the bear was going to kill you? Why not turn and run? Is it false to assume the bear would immediately kill you and there was no other possible outcome?
    Whether or not the bear will eventually kill you is irrelevant. If a bear charges you, your life is in immediate grave danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I really have hard time understanding the demonizing of sex. Everyone WANTS to have sex in their life, it's the best thing in the world.

Now when sex is forced it becomes the WORST AND MOST ATROCIOUS THING IN THE WORLD..
    Not all sexual experiences for all involved parties are pleasurable.

Would you look forward to sex if you were unlikely to orgasm because your partner wasn't interested in your pleasure, or even your comfort? If it was a painful experience for you because you aren't aroused by your partner, would you look forward to doing that again?

Deleted
    I was forced to go to the military (like every man in my country), I was forced to serve my country with my life (literally).

I don't think those are small things. I would do them without being forced, too. But that doesn't change they are being forced upon me.

Now when sex is forced it becomes the WORST AND MOST ATROCIOUS THING IN THE WORLD.

Of course I think rape is bad. But I don't understand the polarization. I think there is a lot of hypocrisy, exaggeration and victimization involved.
    I would fight tooth and nail to prevent conscription, too. I think that's an awful practice when applied to all men everywhere in the country. I am sorry you were forced into that.

As to the sex thing. Firstly, not everyone wants to have sex in their life. There are people who don't want to at all. Not that that neccesarily relates to this, but worth noting for the future.

Secondly, it's just a totally different thing when it's forced onto you. It's not the sex itself that people want, but sex with someone they want to have sex with. The end of that sentance is key. You don't want sex with anything and everything, else we'd all just be out banging sheep and goats. You (generally) want sex with someone who you care for and are attracted to and possibly even someone you love. When you are forced into it, not only is it probably none of these things, but it's also one of (if not absolutley THE) the most base and vulgar violation of your basic human rights possible. You are having your dignity, your pride, your wishes and desires and hopes and wants and dreams all stripped away from you against your will, and having them replaced with nothing but shame and pain. It's utterly barbaric. Hence why even back in biblical times, it was used (even against male soldiers) as a way of subjugating a population after you have conqured them.

Deleted

Have you ever talked to a victim of rape about how it's affected their life?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    If she didn't consent to the marriage, how did she consent to consummating the marriage? What repercussions could she face for leaving? What repercussions could she face for refusing sexual intercourse?

Child brides are slaves, and as they are not allowed to refuse sexual intercourse with their husband, they are sex slaves by extension.

"Forced" marriage, which of course includes consummation of said marriage, equates to forced sex, which some people call rape.
    Did the guy consummate the marriage?

No?

Then stop assuming he would've raped her.

Disgusting misandrists, thinking having a penis means you're a rapist.

10+ Year Old Account
    else we'd all just be out banging sheep and goats.
    Alabama says 'hello.' :3

Deleted
    Plainly stupid, that's what she is. She didn't want to live in forced marrige, now she will live in a prison in much worse condition, probably being raped/tortured on regular basis with no chance to escape or revange in future. A good example of how you make a bad situation much worse.
    Everyone claiming she did the right thing doesn't even remotely care about the girl who ruined her life, but only about his twisted sence of righteousness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    Not all sexual experiences for all involved parties are pleasurable.

Would you look forward to sex if you were unlikely to orgasm because your partner wasn't interested in your pleasure, or even your comfort? If it was a painful experience for you because you aren't aroused by your partner, would you look forward to doing that again?
    Obviously I would not enjoy it and wouldn't look forward to doing that again. But people do other discomforting things, too, because it's part of life and needs to be done. Like work.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Might not have killed anyone, including her husband. Imagine what he would have done to her.
    She could have waited for another time, poison just his food later that week, then make an escape?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Have you ever talked to a victim of rape about how it's affected their life?
    Actually I have. I have a friend who has been raped. She says she has got over it, but it haunted her when she was younger, but doesn't anymore (she was 15 when it happened aka roughly 15 years ago). She has a husband and a kid nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHast View Post
    Disgusting misandrists, thinking having a penis means you're a rapist.
    Because of the culture he was raised in, he might indeed have not felt like he was a rapist. That doesn't mean the girl isn't raped. Just because their culture condones women being forced to have sex against their will, doesn't mean it isn't rape.

Telling a MAN OR WOMAN who has been forced to have sex that they weren't raped doesn't make them feel any less raped. Does a man who is mocked, called gay, for claiming to have been raped by a woman feel less raped? No, he does not. Unless you, sir, are a misandrist.

Same logic. Just because our culture doesn't treat men who have been raped seriously does not diminish what has happened to them. It just allows their rapists to escape culpability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    She could have waited for another time, poison just his food later that week, then make an escape?
    Possibly. We don't really know the circumstances behind why that time was chosen, especially considering it was a week after the marriage, but another reason is she could have wanted those people dead.

Forced marriage is technically not allowed by Islam. If they actually observe the rules, she either consented, or was silent (which is also consent).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullderp View Post
    Alabama says 'hello.' :3
    Sheeps and goats, not sisters. You're thinking of Wales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Both are bad options. But its a choice between a bad marriage or 3 dead bodies? Yeah I think I know which one I would take.
    I wonder if you would say marriage (more like rapefest) is better when you would be in same situation.

Deleted
    Actually I have. I have a friend who has been raped. She says she has got over it, but it haunted her when she was younger, but doesn't anymore (she was 15 when it happened aka roughly 15 years ago). She has a husband and a kid nowadays.
    I'm glad she's gotten over it and is okay now. Many of us do not simply get over it though. It depends on the person etc. For a lot of people, it stays with us for life.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's as good as dead though.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Obviously I would not enjoy it and wouldn't look forward to doing that again. But people do other discomforting things, too, because it's part of life and needs to be done. Like work.
    Are you seriously comparing rape to work? It's ok to rape because hey, sex needs to be done.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would fight tooth and nail to prevent conscription, too. I think that's an awful practice when applied to all men everywhere in the country. I am sorry you were forced into that.

As to the sex thing. Firstly, not everyone wants to have sex in their life. There are people who don't want to at all. Not that that neccesarily relates to this, but worth noting for the future.

Secondly, it's just a totally different thing when it's forced onto you. It's not the sex itself that people want, but sex with someone they want to have sex with. The end of that sentance is key. You don't want sex with anything and everything, else we'd all just be out banging sheep and goats. You (generally) want sex with someone who you care for and are attracted to and possibly even someone you love. When you are forced into it, not only is it probably none of these things, but it's also one of (if not absolutley THE) the most base and vulgar violation of your basic human rights possible. You are having your dignity, your pride, your wishes and desires and hopes and wants and dreams all stripped away from you against your will, and having them replaced with nothing but shame and pain. It's utterly barbaric. Hence why even back in biblical times, it was used (even against male soldiers) as a way of subjugating a population after you have conqured them.
    I'm not sorry that I had to go through conscription. I, and other men, owe that to our grandfathers. Yeah it's against free will, but as I've said previously, some things in life aren't that pleasurable yet they still have to be done. The result justifies the means.

Well people who don't want to have sex are a very small minority. Asexuality is 1% or less of the population.

Raping is barbaric yes. But it's kind of a human thing, which therefore indicates that it's a cultural thing. The culture comes in the fact that we are taught that our body is sacred - especially the genital parts of it. So distinguishably violating someone is easiest through rape.

There hasn't been much findings about animals raping each other in the studies afaik.

Deleted
    There hasn't been much findings about animals raping each other in the studies afaik.
    You cannot possibly be serious.