Poll: Let Gorrst use Shadowmourne? :3

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cool Using your Shadowmourne in SoO: The guide

"It's not a lie...if you believe it"

-George Costanza

Hello fellow Death Knights.

Ever wanted to use your Shadowmourne - since you can't even transmog it; dammit Blizz - in raids? With this guide, you can!

So I was bored the other day (like, really, really bored) and I came up with this. Basically it's Unholy w/ 3.8 Mastery, 3.4 Crit weights (Mastery heavy) with Death Siphon that relies entirely on diseases and your ghouls. What you do is:

1. Spec Unholy, spec Death Siphon
    2. Gem/reforge for Mastery
    3. Play Festerblight, use Death Runes for Death Siphon. Use your Unholy runes for D&D and empowering your ghoul, and at very last, Scourge Strikes
    4. Fun!

But yeah there is a caveat. Your guildies. I've thought of that. Basically:

1. If you're low geared / at progression bosses, don't even bother. You'll get caught.
    2. Have your Shadowmourne and your regular, boring weapon hotkeyed so you can swap within a GCD.

3. When in doubt, lie.

But yes, this build will work about 59% of the time, all the time! Here are some logs and stuff:

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Gorrst/simple
    Logs from yesterday*: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...qG98Nd#fight=1

*: Well basically, I had to tank up to Juggernaut, had one wipe on Juggernaut at around 5%, then our real tank came and I dpsed it as log will show. Before Dark Shamans I got caught baad so I had to switch to my regular and boring weapon for the rest of the night :C

Thanks for reading and good luck! Also if you get caught, you don't know me.

(Also poll to encourage my guildies to let me use Shadowmourne more :C)
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2014-04-12 at 11:05 AM.

Deleted
    Gonna do this on Garrosh HC this Sunday, will report back.

if you do 170k dps with shadowmourne.. then i don't see why not xD

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Should be pretty simple, no?

1: Equip it
    2: Play SoO
    3: No step 3

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Should be pretty simple, no?

1: Equip it
    2: Play SoO
    3: No step 3
    Well...damn. You win this round.

I remember doing stuff like this in DS LFR when I was bored. Fun to watch Ultraxion trash get tornadoed from Thunderfury.

Haha how funny!

Then for PART 2!

Step 1: Un-equip all your gear and replace it with mis-matched greens (for ultimate lol-age get greens with primary stats that are useless for your spec!)
    Step 2: Un-equip several slots entirely, including trinkets and weapons!
    Step 3: Talent and glyph completely wrong, trust me, your guildies will wet themselves laughing when they find out!
    Step 4: Proceed to get carried through Siege of Ogrimmar whilst contributing nothing to the raid.
    Step 5: Roll in your chair at how hilariously funny you are!

I really don't get this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

I really don't get this.
    Right on the money. Why bother looking at logs, those 9-man raids really carry good in HC!

Deleted
    I used to enjoy PvPing as Assassination using level 5 daggers from the vendor during WoTLK, good on ya.

Deleted
    This is really stupid. What's the next step, SoO without gems and reforging? I wouldn't want to be in a guild with you.

Myself on my frost DK and an arms warrior on my raid team have been doing this for clear nights on and off since early ToT days. There were even times where we were not the lowest dps

And for all the people above who are bashing it for no reason... it is for fun. You know, the purpose of a video game to begin with. We did it because we wanted to see which of our dps we could beat using Shadowmourne. And we often could beat at least one or two of the new people.
    Last edited by Skul; 2014-04-11 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skul View Post
    Myself on my frost DK and an arms warrior on my raid team have been doing this for clear nights on and off since early ToT days. There were even times where we were not the lowest dps

And for all the people above who are bashing it for no reason... it is for fun. You know, the purpose of a video game to begin with. We did it because we wanted to see which of our dps we could beat using Shadowmourne. And we often could beat at least one or two of the new people.
    Hah. That's ought to be fun, but you were a bit off. I'm pretty sure Frost would be pretty bad with Shadowmourne, Arms too, as in; most of your attacks derive their potency from your weapon damage. This build is purely attack power and pet support; as in nigh-nothing has to do with your actual weapon dps apart from a couple of Scourge Strikes you land and the Festering Strikes. It's all attack power.

EDIT: HMM now I want to try it with Frost and see how it does, lol. Curse you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    if you do 170k dps with shadowmourne.. then i don't see why not xD
    Well some ppl may not like a dps losing to a disc priest. Besides being an anchor to the group why not just go and screw around.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If I was your raid leader I'd be pissed that you slowed down progress, personally.
    Choptimus
    <Prime>
    10man #18 EU
    25man #76 EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Well some ppl may not like a dps losing to a disc priest. Besides being an anchor to the group why not just go and screw around.
    Since we're taking things out of the context, pray tell, how much does your tank pull? Beacuse the 170k he mentioned was while I was tanking Sha. Screw reading or looking at logs, this is the internet!

EDIT: Looking at the logs myself (derp) I pulled 266k on Sha instead, silly me. Don't know where that feller got the 170k from, though. Shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    If I was your raid leader I'd be pissed that you slowed down progress, personally.
    Him and the crew are already pissed at me for various reasons ranging from flashing myself in public to other arbitrary stuff; using Shadowmourne wasn't one. You see - since nobody wants to look at the logs - we nine-manned up to Juggernaut, I tanked up to one-Juggernaut wipe, where our tenth, our monk tank finally managed to log in. Thereon I dpsed Juggernaut with Shadowmourne and pulled 260k. inb4zomgusuk; it's farm, it's easy and why not! It's all fun and games till somebody notices you got a 80 weapon equipped amirite

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Since we're taking things out of the context, pray tell, how much does your tank pull? Beacuse the 170k he mentioned was while I was tanking Sha. Screw reading or looking at logs, this is the internet!

Him and the crew are already pissed at me for various reasons ranging from flashing myself in public to other arbitrary stuff; using Shadowmourne wasn't one. You see - since nobody wants to look at the logs - we nine-manned up to Juggernaut, I tanked up to one-Juggernaut wipe, where our tenth, our monk tank finally managed to log in. Thereon I dpsed Juggernaut with Shadowmourne and pulled 260k. inb4zomgusuk; it's farm, it's easy and why not! It's all fun and games till somebody notices you got a 80 weapon equipped amirite
    Seeing how the guide says going unholy. If you are tanking with that crap wpn it might even be worse, you may as well just tossed off an item or two with that stat loss. No it isn't all fun and games there is a reason ppl get pissed when they notice you are fucking around and a wipe or more has happened because of it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    What exactly is the point of it?
    Playing with some 'trivial to obtain'-legendary just for the sake of using it? :/

I think the people coming in here and saying garbage like "this isnt funny ur just torll i dont get it lame -.-" should probably get a nice, long forum ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Seeing how the guide says going unholy. If you are tanking with that crap wpn it might even be worse, you may as well just tossed off an item or two with that stat loss. No it isn't all fun and games there is a reason ppl get pissed when they notice you are fucking around and a wipe or more has happened because of it.
    As mentioned before please do share your tanks' logs and the part where I apparently lost to a disc priest (We had a disc priest in the raid) and point out how I am the "anchor of the raid".

Also pardon my french but if you and/or your mates are prone to infuration beacuse of "people fucking around" and causing "a wipe or more", then you got another thing coming. As we say in the guild: "Hunters and shamans man...hunters and shamans."

EDIT: I actually tossed around 3k Strength and around 6k buffed Stamina with Shadowmourne while tanking, yet we still nine-manned it :O Yeah it's serious content, cue the seriouscat here pronto!
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2014-04-11 at 03:06 PM.

Deleted
    Came in expecting something clever, found out it was stupid as fuck. Just un-equip your trinkets, rings and necklace if you want to perform sub-par and not get found out.