Poll: Let Gorrst use Shadowmourne? :3

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remembered using Thunderfury with some ICC 1-hander I liked the looks of and Sulfuras in Dragon Soul while I was tanking, never had so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    As mentioned before please do share your tanks' logs and the part where I apparently lost to a disc priest (We had a disc priest in the raid) and point out how I am the "anchor of the raid".

Also pardon my french but if you and/or your mates are prone to infuration beacuse of "people fucking around" and causing "a wipe or more", then you got another thing coming. As we say in the guild: "Hunters and shamans man...hunters and shamans."

EDIT: I actually tossed around 3k Strength and around 6k buffed Stamina with Shadowmourne while tanking, yet we still nine-manned it :O Yeah it's serious content, cue the seriouscat here pronto!
    If the ppl in your raid are getting mad at you then you are either underperforming or causing issues. If you just came here for some internet validation on why it is ok to use a 4 year old outdated item then best of luck to you and the ppl that run around with you. At this point it seems like you are just dropping flamebait. Enjoy nap time and your juice box maybe I run into you on here some other day.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Lawl. Lot's of limited people 'round here, eh?

Ya know, there is this thing called "taste" and it is somewhat different for each unique human being. That's where the fact you are all limited comes You are monotonous, limited, boring, annoying people that are all the same and just refuse to allow others to have a taste of their own. And you know what I'm gonna tell you? This guy ( the OP ) is actually right. Messing around, trolling, using your favourite weapon even if outdated. That is fun. I remember during WotLK days as a level ~13 Retribution Paladin, my friend - a Discipline Priest - lost to me in a duel where I was using Blacksmith Hammer ( 1-2 damage 0.7 dps ) - the weakest weapon in the game. At level ~17 I got that boqueet off-hand from Redridge Mountains and beat my friend in a duel using it and Blacksmith Hammer. Even at around level 30, I was still able to do it. The reason I did it back then ( the first time, at level 13 ) was because my friend was complaining how powerful my heirlooms make me... boy, was he wrong It's just that Retribution Paladins were so incredibly OP back then, hehe.

I remember during the early days of SoO, I was gearing my alt Retri Paladin...and I had that 476 ilvl PvP weapon on him. I decided to send him the 561 ilvl agility heirloom polearm that drops off Garrosh. I used it in LFR and people raged so much at me for using agility weapon on a retri pala O.o I mean... yeah agility on a str class but still... Retri Palas depend a lot on weapon damage so the str loss was insignificant even when I got the 540 ( 548 ) ilvl STR sword off Flex Sha... In flex there was even more rage...

Anyway, OP, awesome idea! Thumbs up <3

Raids are super hard core and serious business; its disgusting to see them being treated in such a cavalier fashion. Fun is not allowed! We are killing pixels of imaginary dragons people! You think this is a game or something?! Don't you know that getting your imaginary characters name on a list that compares how many times and how hard your character hit an imaginary dragon against how many times and how hard an imaginary character played by some anonymous teenager in a different state hit said imaginary dragon?!

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Raids are super hard core and serious business; its disgusting to see them being treated in such a cavalier fashion. Fun is not allowed! We are killing pixels of imaginary dragons people! You think this is a game or something?! Don't you know that getting your imaginary characters name on a list that compares how many times and how hard your character hit an imaginary dragon against how many times and how hard an imaginary character played by some anonymous teenager in a different state hit said imaginary dragon?!
    D:

I'm...so sorry. Here, have a cat. Hope all is forgiven!: >:3

(I got the sarcasm. Just sayin', you'll never know...)

Woah, people be salty as fuk here. Being all serious and shit. Who cares what this guy does.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Woah, people be salty as fuk here. Being all serious and shit. Who cares what this guy does.
    Yeah, my God I didn't think I could almost feel the amount of butt clenching going on in here.
    First off, none of you are in his raid group, so why do you care?
    Second off, if his performance bothered him, they'd inspect him probably to see why he's doing subpar to how he normally performs, and tell him to swap it. Obviously this hasn't happened.
    Third off, it's just a game.
    Fourth off, he's showing a build that doesn't work off of weapon damage as much, so to people saying "You might as well just equip greens and do this", you're missing the point.

All this reminds me of is how we were wiping the other day on Heroic Spoils, couldn't find out what was happening, so we called it for the night 30 minutes early. Went back the next raid, still wiping. I pull open my character, realize somehow my enhance dps trinket got on. I tell the raid, and everyone just laughs. Ends up didn't make much of a difference though, we've been switching through tanks recently, but the point is no one got butthurt about it.

On that note, cool guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Second off, if his performance bothered him, they'd inspect him probably to see why he's doing subpar to how he normally performs, and tell him to swap it. Obviously this hasn't happened.
    Well this is awkward!
    Re-read the OP.

I still think deliberately performing sub-optimal at the expense of your raid for fun is pretty scumbag-y. I happen to find it a fantastic laugh to kite Thok through our raid and wipe us but I don't think the people it actually effects find it as funny.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-04-11 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Well this is awkward!
    Re-read the OP.

I still think deliberately performing sub-optimal at the expense of your raid for fun is pretty scumbag-y. I happen to find it a fantastic laugh to kite Thok through our raid and wipe us but I don't think the people it actually effects find it as funny.
    Yes it is very, very awkward. That moment when you actually check the logs, check my previous records and see the resemblance...which happens to be the whole point of this thread. I'll spell it out for you too: You can perform comparably with a Shadowmourne with this build. Now allow me to go back to my nap...where's my goddang juice box, consarnit!

EDIT: On second thought, how exactly do you kite Thok - on heroic I assume, correct if wrong - through your raid? The kiter kites Thok back and forth, so is your raid clumped up in the middle or on the jailer or something, or what am I missing here? I am confus :<

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: People get mad at a guy who's having fun in a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys act like raiding is a job that gives you money and doing it in any different way must be a sin upon humanity.

Doing more dps than I ever would lmao. As long as it doesn't cause a wipe and its for shits and giggles. Who cares. We used to mess around like that all the time. I would dual wield daggers and stuff as a warrior, etc. In Molten Core.

Deleted
    What the fk are u doing??? Using an old weapon in a raid? LOL retard u shud be banned from the GAME!

In all seriousness this just shows how many people that post here are bitter assholes that play the game religiously and forgot what fun is.
    People got super mad at me for using warglaives in a normal BG even though I was still killing people and capping bases, saying shit like "think you're so good" when I am clearly better than them, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I remember during the early days of SoO, I was gearing my alt Retri Paladin...and I had that 476 ilvl PvP weapon on him. I decided to send him the 561 ilvl agility heirloom polearm that drops off Garrosh. I used it in LFR and people raged so much at me for using agility weapon on a retri pala O.o I mean... yeah agility on a str class but still... Retri Palas depend a lot on weapon damage so the str loss was insignificant even when I got the 540 ( 548 ) ilvl STR sword off Flex Sha... In flex there was even more rage...

Did the same thing with a STR + Parry axe with my Enh Shaman...still ranked top 100 on WoL and buried people, yet you would have thought I was using daggers as a hunter or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Well this is awkward!
    Re-read the OP.

So they didn't catch on right away though, seems like it didn't affect much.
    Also he still did 283k dps with Shadowmourne, so comparing it to intentionally wiping the raid isn't really valid.
    All I did was misread, at least I'm not comparing it to something that isn't even the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Did the same thing with a STR + Parry axe with my Enh Shaman...still ranked top 100 on WoL and buried people, yet you would have thought I was using daggers as a hunter or something...
    That isn't quite as bad though, Str at least gives agi classes 1 attack power power (instead of 2 from agi). If i'm not mistaken agi gives str classes crit and dodge which is pretty dang useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Male dreanei with blizzstore helm knowingly underperforms under the guise of 'it's just a game.'
    That full story following our updates on MH370.
    You can say whatever about me, my guild or my build but I'd be thrice-damned if I'd sit and and listen to you insult my glorious, awe-striking and magnificent tail of mine. Draenei male pride, RISE BROTHERS!

PvPing in this scenario is very different to PvE. In pvp the nature of combat changes since your character is so underpowered, like those old pvp videos you'd see in roguecraft and such, there is merit in that.

In PvE it's completely arbitrary. When you underperform someone else has to pick up the slack. The only change is smaller numbers in this scenario and the inevitable adrenaline when he's called out on his nonsense.

People fuck around on farm, and mix it up to have fun. Not by equipping random items but by changing strats, pushing phases earlier or just general zerging. These are scenarios that put a fresh spin on farm, not simply doing 100k dps less than usual and admiring how fun a person you are.
    Fortunately you aren't the authority on what is fun for other people, so no one really cares about how you think someone else should play the game. But feel free to shove that stick farther up your ass....

Male dreanei with blizzstore helm knowingly underperforms under the guise of 'it's just a game.'
    That full story following our updates on MH370.
    What does being a male Draenei have to do with anything? Oh, is that not "leet" or something? Or, in addition to being the authority on what is fun, are you also the authority on what race/gender combinations are acceptable?
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2014-04-11 at 07:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    Lawl. Lot's of limited people 'round here, eh?

Ya know, there is this thing called "taste" and it is somewhat different for each unique human being. That's where the fact you are all limited comes You are monotonous, limited, boring, annoying people that are all the same and just refuse to allow others to have a taste of their own. And you know what I'm gonna tell you? This guy ( the OP ) is actually right. Messing around, trolling, using your favourite weapon even if outdated. That is fun. I remember during WotLK days as a level ~13 Retribution Paladin, my friend - a Discipline Priest - lost to me in a duel where I was using Blacksmith Hammer ( 1-2 damage 0.7 dps ) - the weakest weapon in the game. At level ~17 I got that boqueet off-hand from Redridge Mountains and beat my friend in a duel using it and Blacksmith Hammer. Even at around level 30, I was still able to do it. The reason I did it back then ( the first time, at level 13 ) was because my friend was complaining how powerful my heirlooms make me... boy, was he wrong It's just that Retribution Paladins were so incredibly OP back then, hehe.

OMG 2edgy4me

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could, you know, use a certain program that rhymes with zmorph?