Poll: Let Gorrst use Shadowmourne? :3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I accidentally used my Dragonwrath during a heroic Nazgrim attempt one night (I have a keybind to a macro I use to swap it in / use it for the mount, accidentally hit it).

My dps was still high enough that no one noticed based on my performance (including myself). Only one person noticed just from seeing it equipped on me (and him telling me is how I noticed).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

You know this was even more of a laugh once you look at the logs and realize that Death Siphon wasn't even used as per what the "guide says".....

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I accidentally used my Dragonwrath during a heroic Nazgrim attempt one night (I have a keybind to a macro I use to swap it in / use it for the mount, accidentally hit it).

My dps was still high enough that no one noticed based on my performance (including myself). Only one person noticed just from seeing it equipped on me (and him telling me is how I noticed).
    To be fair, that staff is not only an expansion later than Shadowmourne (not that it makes it any more valid), but it's whole power derives from the fact it duplicates spells for 100% damage, this irrevocably would make the staff scale (albeit not the stats) with gear.

You also accidentally did it, intentionally doing less damage for fun seems counter-productive to say the least. Writing a guide about how to do less damage is one of those corners of the internet you wish didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    You know this was even more of a laugh once you look at the logs and realize that Death Siphon wasn't even used as per what the "guide says".....
    It was heroic Juggernaut and we were doing stack at the back tactic, therefore, I went full Festerblight to preserve my diseases during the Siege Mode. I mean, are you guys even trying now? Do you even Death Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    To be fair, that staff is not only an expansion later than Shadowmourne (not that it makes it any more valid), but it's whole power derives from the fact it duplicates spells for 100% damage, this irrevocably would make the staff scale (albeit not the stats) with gear.

You also accidentally did it, intentionally doing less damage for fun seems counter-productive to say the least. Writing a guide about how to do less damage is one of those corners of the internet you wish didn't exist.
    Really? Has anyone decided to go as far as to look even more like?

Well you specifically stated in the guide that you should fester your dots as long as possible while using Death Runes for Death Siphon only. Yet, in the one time we can look at your damage before your guild noticed what you were doing, you didn't do this.
    So I was just kinda noting how it's funny that you link logs that show absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Well you specifically stated in the guide that you should fester your dots as long as possible while using Death Runes for Death Siphon only. Yet, in the one time we can look at your damage before your guild noticed what you were doing, you didn't do this.
    So I was just kinda noting how it's funny that you link logs that show absolutely nothing.
    Isn't it common sense to have your diseases up as long as possible and during periods where you have no access to melee the boss, like, a fight like Juggernaut or Thok, per se? You know? Keep diseases up? You're really being pedantic about this occurance?

I mean, if I'm a complete scumbag / slacker / anchor / devil incarnate, and you're the supermega-raiders, then I'm happy how things have turned out for me and that you don't approve of this thread, at all. Glad I say.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Enter raid
    Player 1 equips Shadowmourne
    Player 2 uses Ai-Li's Skymirror to copy Player 1's model
    Player 1 uses Ai-li's Skymirror to copy Player 2 who looks like player 1's model
    Player 1 is now holding Shadowmourne visually but is still wearing their current tier gear

This can be repeated once every 10 minutes via the Skymirror, or once every 2 via potions of Illusion.
    It's not about having the model - it would still be cool, I admit - it's about wielding the Shadowmourne! Maybe I'm just a sad, old nerd. Nobody gets me
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2014-04-11 at 10:14 PM.

Enter raid
    Player 1 equips Shadowmourne
    Player 2 uses Ai-Li's Skymirror to copy Player 1's model
    Player 1 uses Ai-li's Skymirror to copy Player 2 who looks like player 1's model
    Player 1 is now holding Shadowmourne visually but is still wearing their current tier gear

This can be repeated once every hour for 10 minutes via the Skymirror, or once every 2 minutes via potions of Illusion.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2014-04-11 at 10:13 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

"insert head into desk gif here"
    I wasn't making a comment at all about how you approached the fight nor do I care about the strat you/your guild used to kill Jugg. However what I did point out was you provided logs that showed nothing of what you said, so it was pointless to show the logs.
    Yeah it makes sense to extend dots like that on Jugg if you use the far away stack strat (if your guild is already past H Malk you should save yourselves time and not use that strat anymore). However this thread isn't about what strat to use or when to festerblight your dots on Jugg. It's about a guide you wrote, and then showed logs that didn't even show the use of what was written in said guide

Use Deathbringer's Will next time and troll Garrosh as a Vrykul meat titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I mean, if I'm a complete scumbag / slacker / anchor / devil incarnate, and you're the supermega-raiders, then I'm happy how things have turned out for me and that you don't approve of this thread, at all. Glad I say.

It's not about having the model - it would still be cool, I admit - it's about wielding the Shadowmourne! Maybe I'm just a sad, old nerd. Nobody gets me
    I think the problem here is that you made what was essentially a completely pointless thread. Everyone knows you can equip out of date gear, even if you're the kind of person who finds people screwing around to be funny--this isn't a new, amusing or even particularly interesting way of screwing around. You might as well write a guide telling people they can screw around in BGs by running on foot from base to base instead of using their mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

Step 1: Un-equip all your gear and replace it with mis-matched greens (for ultimate lol-age get greens with primary stats that are useless for your spec!)
    Step 2: Un-equip several slots entirely, including trinkets and weapons!
    Step 3: Talent and glyph completely wrong, trust me, your guildies will wet themselves laughing when they find out!
    Step 4: Proceed to get carried through Siege of Ogrimmar whilst contributing nothing to the raid.
    Step 5: Roll in your chair at how hilariously funny you are!
    Step 6: Enjoy your kick from the raid/guild.
    First 5 steps may be fun. Last one, dunno

Deleted
    No! He made a pointless thread! How dare he undermine the seriousness of log parses and min-maxing!?

We are the true guardians of the integrity of this game! We will proudly display our lack of sense of humour (and wits) for the whole world to see!

*shakes head*

"Mindless undead..."

Deleted
    I might be totally missing the point here but apparently its fun to do less DPS than you should and piss off 9 other people at the same time? Only the 2nd part of that sentence seems fun to me. But you know, you can piss off 9 people by trolling them about how bad they are rather than how bad you are. /shrug

Deleted
    I think some people have to realize that it's fine to fuck around a bit on bosses that are on farm already. However, fair points were given that you shouldn't do this on bosses that are currently on progress, as you're just taking a piss on everyone else's effort for "lulz".

I'd do it in LFR no problem (or dual weilding Azzinorh glaives) but never in my guild without asking.
    If you ask and they're ok with it, fine. But being bad on purpose without asking is direspectful to your mates.

Welp, two-shotted Blackfuse yesterday but I wasn't wielding Shadowmourne and there are no logs beacuse logging on Blackfuse apparently DCes our logger (buncha crap I tells ya). More logs to come next week tho, dps logs too!

Deleted
    I like and respect that you are having fun your way, I get that. With bosses on farm, why not.

But in my raid, as soon as something like this causes a wipe, may it be progress or clearing, I'll weigh your fun against the fun of the other 9 people including me, warn you, and replace you the second you'd get caught again.

That is *my* unique approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzel View Post
    This is really stupid. What's the next step, SoO without gems and reforging? I wouldn't want to be in a guild with you.
    I actually remember during WotlK some guilds were purposefully handicapping themselves to prove the importance of skill over gear. Some guilds cleared Nax and Malygos in lvl 70 gear. I even remember one guild clearing Ulduar (while relevant) with all guild members only in blues.

Sure I'm not sure this is possible now as there's such a steep change in power+ilvl over a raid, but if you've done a raid before why not try out new challenges?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I actually remember during WotlK some guilds were purposefully handicapping themselves to prove the importance of skill over gear. Some guilds cleared Nax and Malygos in lvl 70 gear. I even remember one guild clearing Ulduar (while relevant) with all guild members only in blues.

Sure I'm not sure this is possible now as there's such a steep change in power+ilvl over a raid, but if you've done a raid before why not try out new challenges?
    This isn't a guild challenge or anything like that. This is one member secretly impairing himself with which the rest of his raid has to pick up the slack.

If the whole raid decided to use WoTLK weapons then sure, I can see why it would be enjoyable, but this is a cheap laugh at the expense of his entire raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    Lawl. Lot's of limited people 'round here, eh?

Ya know, there is this thing called "taste" and it is somewhat different for each unique human being. That's where the fact you are all limited comes You are monotonous, limited, boring, annoying people that are all the same and just refuse to allow others to have a taste of their own. And you know what I'm gonna tell you? This guy ( the OP ) is actually right. Messing around, trolling, using your favourite weapon even if outdated. That is fun. I remember during WotLK days as a level ~13 Retribution Paladin, my friend - a Discipline Priest - lost to me in a duel where I was using Blacksmith Hammer ( 1-2 damage 0.7 dps ) - the weakest weapon in the game. At level ~17 I got that boqueet off-hand from Redridge Mountains and beat my friend in a duel using it and Blacksmith Hammer. Even at around level 30, I was still able to do it. The reason I did it back then ( the first time, at level 13 ) was because my friend was complaining how powerful my heirlooms make me... boy, was he wrong It's just that Retribution Paladins were so incredibly OP back then, hehe.

I remember during the early days of SoO, I was gearing my alt Retri Paladin...and I had that 476 ilvl PvP weapon on him. I decided to send him the 561 ilvl agility heirloom polearm that drops off Garrosh. I used it in LFR and people raged so much at me for using agility weapon on a retri pala O.o I mean... yeah agility on a str class but still... Retri Palas depend a lot on weapon damage so the str loss was insignificant even when I got the 540 ( 548 ) ilvl STR sword off Flex Sha... In flex there was even more rage...

Anyway, OP, awesome idea! Thumbs up <3

Haha alright big shot, you're quite the amazing player! Why do you even continue to play? The game is so easy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

Sure, if the whole raid is up for it. One player doing it is just lame and doesn't offer any challenge more than having one player underperforming for no reason at all.
    Last edited by mmoc8c01f18b2e; 2014-04-17 at 01:20 AM.