Deleted

Holy Paladin vs Holy/Disc Priest survivability and synergy ...

1. Who do you think has a better survivability when it comes to 1v1, 1v2, 1v3 ...: Holy Paladin with a tons of armor and great defensive cds, or Holy (or Discipline) Priest with 15/30% all damage reduction active almost all the time?
    2. Who has better synergy with team mate/s?
    3. Who has more powerful single target heals?
    I'm mostly interested about BGs, RBGs and 2v2, but can't decide between these two classes ... Any advice would be appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    as a holy priest i get completely raped even with 30% dmg reduction, i dont know what im doing wrong. On my holy pally that is much less geared then my priest I can withstand alot of dmg for a long period of time. Id go with either a disc or holy pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    1. Who do you think has a better survivability when it comes to 1v1, 1v2, 1v3 ...: Holy Paladin with a tons of armor and great defensive cds, or Holy (or Discipline) Priest with 15/30% all damage reduction active almost all the time?
    2. Who has better synergy with team mate/s?
    3. Who has more powerful single target heals?
    I'm mostly interested about BGs, RBGs and 2v2, but can't decide between these two classes ... Any advice would be appreciated.
    Pretty much all DPS has ways to bypass armor now during burst windows (C.Smash, Find Weakness, Magic Dmg, Bleeds) so I wouldn't count that as a positive or negative for either side.

For BGs, RBGs, I *believe* that Holy is better than Disc due to the healing output difference. That said, I think Priest or Pally would be welcomed in both settings.

I've also seen both preform well in a 2v2 setting. I personally hate playing against priests that are good with MCs and Fears with a decent partner (like a hunter). CC chains forever.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account
    For rbgs hpally > hpriest. 2s it's hpriest >> hpally. Never play disc in pvp.

Deleted
    Who do you think has more powerful burst single target healing? When you want to get from very low to full health as fast as possible ...

PoH with set bonus -> Holy Word: Serenity -> 2x insta Flash Heals -> Serendipityed Greater Heal is pretty broken. Put a Guardian Spirit in there before and it's hard not to bring someone up from 1-100% in the one rotation with a glyphed renew on them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdamnhero View Post
    PoH with set bonus -> Holy Word: Serenity -> 2x insta Flash Heals -> Serendipityed Greater Heal is pretty broken. Put a Guardian Spirit in there before and it's hard not to bring someone up from 1-100% in the one rotation with a glyphed renew on them as well.
    Guess you mean Prayer of Mending? PoM?
    Throwing PoM > Serenity doesnt grant 2x insta flash heal afaik. But yeah the healing output of Holy Priests is insanely bursty. Especially if you reforge Spirit > Crit > Mastery.
    Insanely big heals make you feel like an Cataclysm Pala.
    Last edited by DenniZ; 2014-04-16 at 11:43 AM.