Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Its not going to die, it just might not be that useful for crafting gear for people who are going to do their best to gear up quickly and hop into Mythic as soon as possible.
    If it was that way, it would be totally fine. But even heroic gear is 15 ilvl better than crafted gear!

Heroic is what's "normal" now, mythic is what's heroic now.

I agree, that tailoring will still be an option for a group of players, but if you look at the effort for one piece of 665, no one who has acces to 680 (heroic! mythic is 695) will even bother :>

imma mage, i make water, food and bags

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netheris2k View Post
    If it was that way, it would be totally fine. But even heroic gear is 15 ilvl better than crafted gear!

Heroic is what's "normal" now, mythic is what's heroic now.

I agree, that tailoring will still be an option for a group of players, but if you look at the effort for one piece of 665, no one who has acces to 680 (heroic! mythic is 695) will even bother :>

imma mage, i make water, food and bags
    Yes, I understand that. But its like that for all of the profession craftables, not just Tailoring. People who level quickly, gear up prior to raids opening, and then hop into the higher levels of difficulty as soon as they are open will likely not have any need for craftable gear. But there's a large group of people who won't do that, who will go slower, or who won't raid at Heroic/Mythic level, and they look like the intended market for craftable gear. That's a different approach than previously, but its not necessarily bad.

Also, heroic Highmaul is 670, so the 665 pieces are slightly worse, but fairly comparable to that. The 680 heroic gear is from Blackrock Foundry, which probably won't be released until January sometime. The normal Highmaul gear is 655 and normal Blackrock Foundry is 665 so that gear is going to be a very early good upgrade for anyone doing normal modes or LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Gonna have to disagree for Engineering. Goggles being the only real benefit since Nitro Boosts is nerfed to the ground, and even worse is that it takes up a tier slot, forcing you to get all 4 of the other pieces if you want your 4P (which as a Mage, you'd be insane to not go for for any spec).

But yes, the crafted seem to be aimed at more casual/lesser skilled/geared raiders.
    Goggles won't be useful for anyone jumping right into raiding because of how long they'll take to make. You will have items of the same or better quality by the time you are raiding Blackrock Foundry and worrying about 4 tier pieces so the time and mats that would be used for the goggles and the upgrades would best be spent elsewhere. Nitro boosts isn't exactly nerfed into the ground, but its definitely a lot less useful. It still could be an "oh crap" button, presuming you haven't used your dps potion for the fight. Or it might be that the shield tinker will be more useful than the boosts. The benefits of engineering have always been more about the fun and toys of it rather than actual in combat perks (although obviously nitro boosts was rather useful at times) or making gold. That hasn't changed much for WoD, and it may actually be able to make some gold through selling the various toys/gadgets that are BoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    The benefits of engineering have always been more about the fun and toys of it rather than actual in combat perks (although obviously nitro boosts was rather useful at times) or making gold. That hasn't changed much for WoD, and it may actually be able to make some gold through selling the various toys/gadgets that are BoE.
    Except it has changed in the sense that 95% of your toys can now be used by anyone, so you can get the same fun from a small plot.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

So after thinking about what could be the use of crafted gear for the mythic raider, I came to the conclusion that these will be used for challenge mode BiS sets. Gem slots and ilvl don't matter for CMs since gem slots are being put into the the stat budget this time around, so using the reroll to get 3 pieces with perfect stats on them to replace poorly itemized raid gear is going to be huge for realm best times.

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    so using the reroll to get 3 pieces with perfect stats on them to replace poorly itemized raid gear is going to be huge for realm best times.
    Assuming of course the raid gear isn't itemized better. Or if you could just nab some dungeon gear that's also itemized perfectly already.

If there isn't a single available piece with whatever your perfect rolled stats are, then yeah, I guess that would be a possibility. Thankfully you wouldn't even need to upgrade them either. Even better is that you could probably use the Rare set and not even need to bother with the Epic set since I'm pretty sure you can reroll the rares too, they take a lot less mats, and don't even count towards your 3 crafted-in-WoD items, though it doesn't have a full set of gear.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

looks like i will pick up 2 gathering professions while i wait in LFR queue lol