Poll: Will we have new Druid new models

10+ Year Old Account

Will there be new Druid models?

Hi there. After I saw new animal models on MMO I thought why druids dont get new new models? Or they do or we dont yet know?

I know they upped their models on Cata but not Moonkin. And besides they have upgraded Thralls models 3rd time ! So I was just thinking will there be new models or no? And why.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

15+ Year Old Account
    We got new bear and cat models back in Wrath, and I don't see them doing new models yet, maybe after all the characters are done.

Blue posts said no, you can search for it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind seeing them adjusted.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the new Arrakoa,Dread raven,the new feathery textures and supposed "we want to update the moonkin form" I'm leaning towards a yes for moonkin sometime soon.

Not before racial models are done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    Blue posts said no, you can search for it.
    I also remember seeing this.

Sorry, but even for as much as I would like to see them updated, Blizzard has already stated they have no current plans to do it, possibly in the next expansion after WoD supposedly.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only model for druids that needs an update is moonkin. Everything else is either updated, or changed to something more appropriate.

Cat Form needs to be renamed Beast Form.

Bear Form needs to be renamed Guardian Form.

Moonkin Form needs to be renamed Astral Form.

New Ability: Commune with Nature

You commune with nature, taking on the appearance of your current target. This ability only affects your current form and lasts until Commune with Nature is cast again on a different target.

Certain appearances may only be taken by certain forms.

So if I'm in Beast Form, my default appearance is a Cat. But out in the wild I can commune with a Wolf, a Dog, a Tiger or any other similar animal and my Beast Form takes on that form.

Guardian form can take on Bears, Rhinos, Mammoths, etc.

Moonkin can take on Owls, Owlkin, Dryads, Centaurs, wisps, etc.

Even tree form could be altered to take on the appearance of certain treants.

There would be rare forms and all kinds of cool stuff for Druids to mess around with. It'd be a lot like hunter pets, but with forms.

EDIT: Oh, and Worgen wouldn't need to change Beast Forms at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had hoped they would of incorporated some fo the aspects of the domo fight from firelands where there was a scorpion form or at least a druid of the flame xmog. Makes me wonder how other "druids" learn other forms. Would be a fun aspect to druids as a class to learn more than the preset form even for aesthetics. I mean scorpion form could be something workable just with no poisons but the feral set works with it i imagine. It can swipe trash rip rake mangle and shred.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Druids get updated models every expansion. Well besides Moonkin, that needs an update.

Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post
    Cat Form needs to be renamed Beast Form.

Bear Form needs to be renamed Guardian Form.

Moonkin Form needs to be renamed Astral Form.

New Ability: Commune with Nature

You commune with nature, taking on the appearance of your current target. This ability only affects your current form and lasts until Commune with Nature is cast again on a different target.

Certain appearances may only be taken by certain forms.

So if I'm in Beast Form, my default appearance is a Cat. But out in the wild I can commune with a Wolf, a Dog, a Tiger or any other similar animal and my Beast Form takes on that form.

Guardian form can take on Bears, Rhinos, Mammoths, etc.

Moonkin can take on Owls, Owlkin, Dryads, Centaurs, wisps, etc.

Even tree form could be altered to take on the appearance of certain treants.

There would be rare forms and all kinds of cool stuff for Druids to mess around with. It'd be a lot like hunter pets, but with forms.

That actually sounds really cool imo
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Blizzard = Lazy.

No new models for druids, not even all race models ready for launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    Blizzard = Lazy.

No new models for druids, not even all race models ready for launch.
    I don't blame them for not wanting to put resources into something they revamped in Wrath, there are way more important things to focus on.

I'd appreciate a revamped Moonkin form though, the rest don't really matter since they still look decent or are rarely used (aquatic and travel form.)

Deleted
    I wish!

But seriously give a new playable race for druids- this 2 crap is just silly nearly 10yrs into the game

Deleted
    You overlook the point, that druids dont profit from Gear, Weapon, Challange Mode items, Polymorph and Transmog. As i mentioned it before in this forum, they could give at least 1 Model to build on, like with Firekitty in Cata. It would even make sense and would compensate for lack of differentiation with items. For example: Cata-> Fire Model, MoP Sha Model, WotLK-> Ice Model, WoD -> Primal Model. It even make sense in term of evolving through Xpacs. I really understand that they have no interest in adapting each item for Druid apperance, but at least one Form for each Expansion should be in. Apperance plays a big part in RPG and its sad that there are nothing in it for Druids. I dont know how hard it is to make just a visual change, but we see a lot of Polymorph etc. so i hope they consider this.