Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Beta invites for the bunch that actually went to pax

This is outrageous to me, there are people there who maybe hopped on the game 1 time in cata that got a beta invite yet us people who are subscribed for nearly 10 years have to wait in a line with 10 to x million others (you don't have to sub to opt in).

how do you guys feel about free ticket no matter what???

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    This is outrageous to me, there are people there who maybe hopped on the game 1 time in cata that got a beta invite yet us people who are subscribed for nearly 10 years have to wait in a line with 10 to x million others (you don't have to sub to opt in).

how do you guys feel about free ticket no matter what???
    I think and hope I speak for a lot of people when I say.

1. The Alpha has not even started yet, let alone Beta
    2. Its better to hand out 200 random invites at PAX than to hand out 2 million to everyone who bought Warlords when about 80% of those people will bitch about bugs, IN A TEST
    3. It was obviously an incentive to get people to come to the booth
    4. I could put some very CHOICE words here but I won't because I don't want an infraction.

TL;DR: Get over it. If you actually test things and have a history of doing so you will get in, if you don't, you will get in toward the end as per usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well either way I hope we can see on what anything new happened for the people who got left out for PAX.
    Hoping this means Blizzard will get Beta out fast, and then a good release for Warlords of Draenor.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    It's not like i'm sitting here, raging, but i feel let down a bit. They could have least have announced that they would also hand out Beta-invites to some of the ones who pre-ordered, too. I know they don't have to do this, but it's what i would deem a good business practice. But well, that's not what Blizz is known for anyway.

I don't think it's too big a deal? I guess if they didn't give them out at last Blizzcon the people who went to that should be annoyed that their event didn't get suprise randomly picked, but beyond that... no biggie.

ITT Sense of entitlement is strong with this one.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-13 at 08:22 AM.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Why does it matter if someone's played 5 minutes or 5 years when giving feedback ?

I don't think there's many people that go to PAX who aren't game players of some form or fashion.

There's a very very high probability they either play wow or have played wow in the past.

Okay you'll have the people that'll report stuff that isn't a bug or give feedback on some aspect that's working as intended. But coming from previous beta tests the signal to noise ratio's much higher then that. It's very rare that a bug effects only one person. They'll be other people reporting the same thing. They're be that wikipedia type of peer reviewed feedback going on.

What matters is ensuring the feedback given is given in a fashion QA can take to the devs to do something with. Doesn't matter if they've played 5 minutes or 5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, no matter what, if you get a beta invite later, then it is free still.

The ones at PAX paid to get in to the convention, so a closed beta key isn't that horrible.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is stupid, but I'm not too bothered.

Deleted
    All this entitlement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been in a wow beta yet :*(

Because those are going to be the only beta invites, right? Grow up, man. Blizz can give them out to whomever they want, half of those won't even get used... just like half of the ones that they hand out in waves don't get used.

15+ Year Old Account
    Beta invites aren't suppose to be a reward. You can hope you get one, but don't expect it as a reward for loyalty.

While beta testing indirectly is some kind of early access, that's that what it's intended to be. Beta is helping them get out the last handfull of problems or checking if things are working out the way they intended.

Besides, you are making it sound like you are so much more special than the rest of us. That's what most people think of themselves. It doesn't make it anymore true.
    Last edited by Duridi; 2014-04-12 at 09:11 AM.

Eh doesn't bother me too much. Just hate that there may be those who wanted to go to pax but couldn't because of lack of money / ability to get there / jobs. Hopefully it'll work out and help them with the tests.

Chances are those who actually take the time out of their busy schedule to attend events such as PAX are more likely to be people devoted to gaming, including World of Warcraft. What this does mean though is that if they're preparing Closed Beta invites already, then getting them out to everyone else isn't that far behind either.

I doubt they'll do a large Beta like they did for Mists of Pandaria, I just hope I get in. I'd love to get a chance at giving some more feedback to Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I haven't been in a wow beta yet :*(
    I was in everyone except classic and it is not that awesome. You see nothing that you cannot see on MMO-C, skills are also getting heavily changed so you also have to to the math when the game is released again. It is also laggy and buggy as hell (because beta). Beta is not a Demo.

When you are eager to help improve the game by feedback or bugreport then you should know that there are most likely a lot of people who know better and/or have already reported the bug/suggestion. At least for every idea I got there was already a thread in the beta forum.

When you are in a large raiding guild you may acutally be able to get enough people invited to really test the new bosses first hand. But again: It's buggy and not tuned at all. Because that's what a beta is
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2014-04-12 at 10:48 AM.

Deleted
    Dont you dare say anything bad about my Blizzard noob, dont you dare say anything bad about my Blizzard!!!

Dear Blizzard, its me... I still love you, don't listen to these idiots bashing you.

Infracted.

Mod-note: Changed font size to something a little more bearable.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-12 at 12:26 PM.

I dont really understand why people wanna play the beta so much, first it kinda destroys all feeling of something new when the game finally comes out and some people actually cry for more and faster content just becouse they played to much in the beta or ptr that when its live its nothing new to them.

Second alot of people for some stupid reason thinks that every thing will be working like it should even tho its a alpha or beta, and then sit and spam general for half a day crying over a quest that might be broken, or a spell which isnt working or some rare mob that dont drop any loot.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    I think and hope I speak for a lot of people when I say.

1. The Alpha has not even started yet, let alone Beta
    2. Its better to hand out 200 random invites at PAX than to hand out 2 million to everyone who bought Warlords when about 80% of those people will bitch about bugs, IN A TEST
    3. It was obviously an incentive to get people to come to the booth
    4. I could put some very CHOICE words here but I won't because I don't want an infraction.

TL;DR: Get over it. If you actually test things and have a history of doing so you will get in, if you don't, you will get in toward the end as per usual.
    1. Irrelevant
    2. No it isnt, and the main reason for bitching was the disabled report bug feature. GG there blizz. Even if you brought it up on forums they completely ignored it all. Beta is for marketing for blizzard more than bug testing.
    3. The only actual reason, yes (more marketing)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Should have handed them out at their 180 dollar personal tea party aka Blizzcon.