Question about raid lockouts

I have a question. I'm on a HC progression guild, we do 2 weeks of the same lockout, as in we do 1 week, then extend for the other week, get as much HC as we can then clear the rest normal on the second week and start fresh the next week. Now, I'm not the RL, so if I join another run during the 1st week, that's before the raid lockouts reset, and finish the raid, will I be locked out when the 2nd week begins and can't join my original guild run? Or I will follow the RL extended lockout?

Yes, you can finish any bosses on normal that you didn't down already during week1. Week2, before your raid time, you can kill the bosses up to but not including the one you are extending to, but only on normal. Do not attempt any bosses on heroic, or accept a dialog box that will save you for heroic. The bosses you kill during week1 won't affect the extended heroic lockout, as long as you only fight on normal.
    Last edited by Candescently; 2014-04-12 at 06:50 PM.

I'm not toally clear on what you guys are doing.

If you're saying:
    Week 1: We clear up to Spoils on Heroic. I kill Garrosh on Normal with a pug.
    Week 2: Someone (not me) extends the lockout so we can start on Spoils Heroic. I can join the raid using the RL's lockout.

I believe that's true- my guild usually does like this:

Week 1: Clear up to Thok on Heroic. One person swaps to an alt to save the lock, we clear through Garrosh on Normal.
    Week 2: That person uses their main to extend the Thok lockout so we can work on Heroic progression. This works.

After your reset on Tuesday - you will be able to join your group again whereever they might be saved, because your status is a clean slate.

Thanks all for the replies. That's helpful

Deleted
    Another Qu I didnt want to start a new thread.

If I join a Pug HC and get locked - even if I dont join up with them again can I create my own group (no one else has done a HC) and still go into more HC's on kind of my ID?

Or

Is it the raid leader of the HC i was in - if he creates another group and kills some more - that will also impact my ID?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    Another Qu I didnt want to start a new thread.

If I join a Pug HC and get locked - even if I dont join up with them again can I create my own group (no one else has done a HC) and still go into more HC's on kind of my ID?

Or

Is it the raid leader of the HC i was in - if he creates another group and kills some more - that will also impact my ID?

Thanks
    Yes, if you are locked to a specific heroic ID then you can form your own group as long as others have not done any heroic kills that reset and continue doing heroic bosses.

You and the rest of the raid that killed heroic bosses each week have the exact same ID. So if they kill additional bosses, those bosses will be downed for you as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Yes, if you are locked to a specific heroic ID then you can form your own group as long as others have not done any heroic kills that reset and continue doing heroic bosses.

You and the rest of the raid that killed heroic bosses each week have the exact same ID. So if they kill additional bosses, those bosses will be downed for you as well.
    So if the other randoms I did a HC with start doing some again (without me) and kill all the bosses for example - that means when I try to go into my own HC it will be completed?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    So if the other randoms I did a HC with start doing some again (without me) and kill all the bosses for example - that means when I try to go into my own HC it will be completed?

Thanks
    Yep, its all the same heroic ID so what other people do with that ID after you are done that raid is going to be reflected in yours as well - this is referring to heroic bosses only, I think.

Example:
    You form a PUG and kill the 1st 4 bosses on heroic. You or anyone else from that PUG can kill the rest of the bosses on normal with other groups and it won't affect anyone else's lockout. But, if you kill the 5th boss on heroic, then the rest of that PUG will have that boss dead in their heroic ID. I believe they can still do him on normal in that situation, just not heroic.