Deleted

Tracking stuns in WeakAuras.

I thought it'd be nice if I could make a group of weakauras tracking stuns on multiple enemies for Challenge Modes.
    Say our elemental shaman puts down a Capacitor Totem, how would I go about tracking the stun effect (not the actual totem)?

I could obviously track for a debuff with a specific name on my current target, but if the target that I'm targetting isn't stunned but the other 3 mobs in the group are, how would I track that?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mmoc36ab626ca9; 2014-04-12 at 11:43 PM.

I've never used WeakAuras so I can't help you with specific code. You will have to track the stun debuff spell using the combat log.

http://wowprogramming.com/docs/events/COMBAT_LOG_EVENT
    http://wowprogramming.com/docs/event...ENT_UNFILTERED

You change the aura trigger to multi-target and use auto-clone
    Last edited by pnutbutter; 2014-04-13 at 03:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    You change the aura trigger to multi-target and use auto-clone
    I've tried this option, and it works to an extent, except that it seems to sometimes not show duration info or even trigger at all. I can't make it trigger off friendly player stuns at all, only my own Binding Shot, and that sometimes doesn't even work too.

Unfortunately I'm completely clueless as to writing custom functions, so I'd appreciate it if someone could handhold me and perhaps paste a string that I could then modify for each spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    I've tried this option, and it works to an extent, except that it seems to sometimes not show duration info or even trigger at all. I can't make it trigger off friendly player stuns at all, only my own Binding Shot, and that sometimes doesn't even work too.

Unfortunately I'm completely clueless as to writing custom functions, so I'd appreciate it if someone could handhold me and perhaps paste a string that I could then modify for each spell.
    If nothing shows at all, you probably have the wrong buff name. Capacitor Totem applies Static Charge. Check the DR list for other names ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10195910192 ) .

If duration info doesn't show, it's probably because you need to target the unit to show that. It's a flaw of WA that a mouseover won't do it for you.

Attempting to do this with custom code will be a giant pain in the ass, so even if you weren't clueless about doing that, I'd suggest looking for other ways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    If nothing shows at all, you probably have the wrong buff name. Capacitor Totem applies Static Charge. Check the DR list for other names ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10195910192 ) .

If duration info doesn't show, it's probably because you need to target the unit to show that. It's a flaw of WA that a mouseover won't do it for you.

Attempting to do this with custom code will be a giant pain in the ass, so even if you weren't clueless about doing that, I'd suggest looking for other ways.
    I actually found a pretty good way of doing it, Trigger > Event > Combat Log > Spell > Aura Applied > Spell Name: Binding Shot > Aura Type: Debuff > Timed: 5 sec.
    The only problem with this is it starts tracking the tether that Binding Shot applies, which is also a debuff called Binding Shot, so I'm not getting accurate tracking for that particular spell. If I could somehow track spell ID's under this category that'd be perfect, but I can't find the option to do so anywhere.

any1 found a good solution for tracking stuns?

"LOSS_OF_CONTROL_UPDATE"
    "LOSS_OF_CONTROL_ADDED"

C_LossOfControl.GetEventInfo(i)

Edit : Forget this. I didn't read OP carefully. Its for player only.
    Last edited by ekardnah; 2015-08-17 at 12:10 AM.