Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    blizzard's bot detection is really not that good.
    if you are doing what you said in your message you wouldn't have been banned. I think you're leaving a lot out.

I know people who have used bots for months/years and never got banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I've never been in the middle of playing and gotten kicked off and banned.
    I have. for bad language
    Last edited by bals; 2014-04-13 at 05:28 AM.

They should pst me in game rather then to a e-mail acct i rarely check. I did appeal and it went from a perma ban too a 3 day ban, but thanks for the help, so far you have been the most helpful, its just sad in order for me to stay safe from a fail system put in place i have to farm this way but again thank you and every one eles that has replied, im not going to quit farming i just need to go about it a diff way ( still sucks but at least i wont get banned again, this sucks).

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And as usual someone resorts to that childish argument rather than coming up with something original or constructive.

The automated systems are simply a poor fix for what is in reality a fight that blizzard are losing.
    And as usual if there is something somebody doesn't agree with and has nothing else to say they resort to calling them childish instead of coming up with something constructive. I actually gave an example of something proving my point. Wheres yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by subrand0m View Post
    Never bot on anything you are not willing to lose.

If you are not "Botting" Make sure you are talking in guild, doing other stuff than hitting the nodes really fast.
    Clearing a whole zone will get you banned, so fly all of pandaria.

Also people could have reported you if you were around the same area for a few hours.
    See the thing is, i spend X amount of time to try and get as much ore as i can as fast as i can, which is why i chose a druid, and why i farmed the gloves, Blizz respose to this question was kinda the same, dont spend so much time farming, talk in g chat, run bgs and dungs, the thing is that defeats the point of trying to max my time farming, if i was using a bot, i wouldnt realy care how much time it took due to it being free and not using my time to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically what others have said, I have known a few old guildies of mine that were incorrectly banned for this, in all cases they just started talking in gchat/general if nobody was online in guild, and have never had an issue with it since, just join in/start a random conversation about different things, makes it pretty obvious you're a human, as the average WoW-farming bot doesn't speak at all, or just says 1 or 2 pre-recorded messages from time to time. You shouldn't have to do dungeons/BGs, but that said, I'd add the caveat that the friends I'm referring to didn't put quite as much time as you into farming as you say you did, so it may be unique in that case.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

I've received a 3 day ban after going on a farming spree myself op, so I can only sympathise. I never farm for more than an hour or something at a time before doing something else for like 20 minutes anymore. It's kind of annoying, especially as I'm scared of the permanent ban, but what are you gonna do eh? So yeah, do like Pwellzor says, unfortunately it probably means that you won't be able to farm as much as you'd like.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

I'd either appeal it or stop botting.

Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    in 2008 i was killing mobs in the shadowmourne cave too fast. i got a 3 day ban. i appealed within 15 mins and was unbanned with an apology and explanation from the GM. his words were "the automated system sucks and does this all the time, sorry"

the automated system doesn't hook. it doesn't look for hooking either. it looks for repetition and nothing else. it's why a real bot with a random deviation or pause built in will never trigger it, hooking or not
    Yet I fished for 12 hours one night and they didnt seem to care.

One way to have them not be confused if your botting its to pla 64 bit. Most of the bots work off the 32 bit client.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure you botted, and this is just half the story.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    I've had a guildie get banned for botting in the middle of a raid before.
    I've been banned in the middle of a raid before... for botting in the days(not the entirety) prior to raiding and what I assume is player reports.
    Not that they don't make mistakes, but your guildy could very well have been botting on another server etc without you knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I'm pretty sure you botted, and this is just half the story.
    i've, uhh, seen a bot farming for 100+ hours straight and it didn't get banned...

if you got banned for botting, you were probably botting.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you were botting, you got caught and deserve the consequences, and more.

If you were farming, you could have, and would have appealed straight away as you have done nothing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

OP: Appeal the ban, if you haven't.

It is uncommon for people to be banned for lengthy sessions of entirely human repetitive farming activity, but it happens.

However, it is quite common for people engaged in automation to be banned, generally in waves. Tens or perhaps hundreds of thousands of accounts were banned earlier this year for "rotation automation" type programs. These bans don't always occur at the time of the activity in question.

If you weren't using any automation software, you should be able to get Blizzard to lift the ban and remove it from your record without any difficulty.

If you WERE using automation software of any kind, you should be happy that you got away with it, because it often results in a permanent ban on the first offense.

If I were to stream while i farmed could that be used as prof that its really me, i did appeal the ban and thats why it was reduced to 3day ban due to the fact the say by logs they couldnt prove any thing, what i didnt get about the logs is they should have showed my pattern and that only would show it was me spending my free time.
    But what can I do to prove its me and not a bot, would streaming help ? Is there any thing i can do besides reduce to amount of time i put in farming?

Also i do use 64bit wow. I truly think i just got a lazy gm unwilling to put in the effort to check more then if i was chatting, or doing any thing eles other then farming, the blizz rep told me thats what they look for.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitwasp View Post
    If I were to stream while i farmed could that be used as prof that its really me, i did appeal the ban and thats why it was reduced to 3day ban due to the fact the say by logs they couldnt prove any thing, what i didnt get about the logs is they should have showed my pattern and that only would show it was me spending my free time.
    But what can I do to prove its me and not a bot, would streaming help ? Is there any thing i can do besides reduce to amount of time i put in farming?

Also i do use 64bit wow. I truly think i just got a lazy gm unwilling to put in the effort to check more then if i was chatting, or doing any thing eles other then farming, the blizz rep told me thats what they look for.
    you were botting.
    seriously, blizzards anti-botting detection is not that good. you're leaving out vast amounts of information (you were botting).

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    If Blizzard says you're botting, you're more then likely botting.

They have some incredibly high tech stuff to catch bots.

I want the whole story, and I don't think you're telling us it.

yeah... no.. They don't. They've banned legit players and let well known botters continue on for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    yeah... no.. They don't. They've banned legit players and let well known botters continue on for years.
    If you'd just like to post the code for something better in here, I can just forward that to Blizzard.

It's hard to criticize something you know very little about. The security software Blizzard runs is actually quite advanced. However, it indeed isn't perfect. That, paired with lazy GMs (it happens), creates a situation that is, unfortunately, more cruel to normal players, than botters.

And much like DRM, the bad guys (the people doing the illegal thing) often have better finances and motive to make better software. The good guys (the ones making the security software) have to often play 'catch up' to that. The normal people get caught in the middle. It's the exact same issue with viruses and malware.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Hold on, are you telling me that shit happens? I know what you're aiming at but let's not go overreacting how well known botters have been going on for years while poor innocent souls got banned for pressing their binds too automatic in raids.

I've seen and known people talk about this issue or make threads like these. In the end it turned out they just "enabled their bot for 50 fish" and that was it so that's why they thought it would be okay to bot because it's only 50 fish.

I've had periods of 2-3 consecutive days of running the same circles and killing mobs to skill up my proffesions and farm mats for the AH. I had players walk up to me and started whispering to see if I'll respond. Didn't have any problems.

As far as OP goes- if you indeed changed directions I don't see how they could've banned you. Just changing your course of flight from time to time would be a good enough indicator that it's actually a human playing. Now if you flew in the same circle all the time and only deleted a gem or two from time to time to clear a bag space that just screams botting.

Deleted
    I don't belive in aliens abducting people and in accidently banned for botting, even less in GMs unbanning people after a few minutes and excusing themselves. srsly...

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you a human? 4 + 4 = ?

I farm ore for about 30 min here and there through the day. I do notice some bots while doing it. They are the easy ones to spot. No achievements, use basic flyer, and do the same pattern around the zone.