Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I usually grind mats whilst i'm watching a TV series or something on my Dual Monitors.

Only time I came close to a ban was a GM messaged me while I was paying attention to the show and when I responded he said "oh close " and I responded "close for what I was watching a movie."

He said I had been reported for botting and was checking up on me. This was back in TBC and was me running around circles in Un'goro mining thorium.

Never had a run in since and have done a LOT of grinding, sometimes up to 8 hrs straight if I've had a good show to watch.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking through some of the replies here is classic and a good laugh this early!

Infracted, post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-13 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    If Blizzard says you're botting, you're more then likely botting.

They have some incredibly high tech stuff to catch bots.

I want the whole story, and I don't think you're telling us it.

Good joke .

However I do tend to agree that they do not usually ban for nothing (and farming like mad is counted as nothing, they do not have a system that bans you after 89794875934853947 hours of farming, it was rumored that they do have a flag system in place for that but I have been boting for 72 hours straight and nothing happened).

A copy of your banning mail (or the snippet with the reason you were banned) will show us if they caught you using a bot or they just assumed that you do, they do have a fall back plan if the bot is undetectable by their self crippled warden. If it was an assumed ban you can keep trying to appeal the ban (most cases will result in success)

Just wanted to hop in, only way they track the big bots at the moment is by reports and physically watching you. You were probably reported alot, they say they have tech with Warden, but the biggest bot out there at the moment (UNNAMED) is not bannable as of yet, and its been around for a few years, so they are simply lying to you.

Thanks for the giggle m8

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Frankly I'd act like a bot in a sarcastic manner. someone whispers are u a bot?

reply "Wowglider: Auto response loading chuck norris joke 104, fuck off.
    Normally I would agree and think this is funny, but I would be lying if I told you that the bots are not capable of response to whispers with key words in them now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Looking through some of the replies here is classic and a good laugh this early!

Infracted, post constructively.
    Despite the infraction this post really does sum up the thread.....
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2014-04-13 at 10:09 AM.

I have done some excessive farming a couple of times. Same routes for hours. I highly doubt you got banned for botting.

maby it's the same as forced name change, if someone report you they ban you if noone does then you don't

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

I've killed 8 thousand thundermaws when farming my Alani mount on my rogue and believe me when I say I've been killing them pretty fast. Not banned, not even asked by a GM to respond to prove I'm a human being. Lucky, or the "kill x things in x time" isn't really a thing anymore? That was before 5.4 I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    maby it's the same as forced name change, if someone report you they ban you if noone does then you don't
    Actually, this is one of the ways Blizzard operates against bots too. That is why Blizzard keep telling us that they cannot hunt down all bots without our help. At times, it seems to be a lot of data as well. So, think OP just basicly got reported.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    it's an automated system. if you kill X mob X number of times in X seconds, the game bans you. if you interact with X amount of nodes for X amount of time, the game bans you. it's been around since wotlk.
    Are you sure?

I've been farming nodes and similar for several hours in a day without ever getting banned, or even a warning.

Blizzard doesn't police people in-game; they generally act on tickets people send them.

Generally if someone got tagged for botting someone reported them. Then on the same vein you have people saying that they've seen bots run free for weeks and yet at the same time never report them.

Botting is a little more clever and requires a bit more thought than something you can get slapped for immediately like language (there's practically no leeway for that unless someone is submitting false reports). Typically it's the low hanging fruit that gets caught swiftly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Blizzard doesn't police people in-game; they generally act on tickets people send them.
    Which is why, if you are not sure, it's always best to report someone. If they aren't actually botting, chances that they get banned are minimal; if they are, though, it's usually the only way to get them banned at all.

Best way to prove not a bot IMO is to just do simple things like a /say not a bot bla bla bla every 10 minutes, so next time you get banned (if you do) you can mention this to Blizzard

Or just engage in a general discussion conversation

If Blizzard says you're botting, you're more then likely botting.

I want the whole story, and I don't think you're telling us it.
    You're clueless.
    Choptimus
    <Prime>
    10man #18 EU
    25man #76 EU

Luckily it's just Blizzard games, all other games are 100% free of bots and also never mistakenly ban someone. Other MMOs only have legit players, not a single one of them is botting.

On topic, it's not easy. If you go "hard farm mode" where you just fly > mine > fly, it's not that much different from a bot, is it? Maybe having yourself in a dungeon queue as DPS (as it would take long anyway). Then you enter do a dungeon, get back to farm and put yourself back in a queue after 20-30min. There is a need for an automated system, unless someone believe they should hire workforce to track all accounts for potential botting/cheating/language abuse. Sometimes it will go wrong and the best way to deal with it is knowing how to appeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkwolfgang View Post
    Luckily it's just Blizzard games, all other games are 100% free of bots and also never mistakenly ban someone. Other MMOs only have legit players, not a single one of them is botting.

On topic, it's not easy. If you go "hard farm mode" where you just fly > mine > fly, it's not that much different from a bot, is it? Maybe having yourself in a dungeon queue as DPS (as it would take long anyway). Then you enter do a dungeon, get back to farm and put yourself back in a queue after 20-30min. There is a need for an automated system, unless someone believe they should hire workforce to track all accounts for potential botting/cheating/language abuse. Sometimes it will go wrong and the best way to deal with it is knowing how to appeal.
    Unsure if that in italic was sarcasm or not.. If it was a true statement, then I would instantly say, false. Though, you can farm 'hard mode' all you wish, there is not danger until you are reported or the likes. And even so, it is easy to just appeal the judgement.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Blizzard doesn't just bann you based on what you do ingame, not for botting at least. You aren't telling the full story.

Deleted
    I have a friend who was farming for a spectral tiger (same as you, with druid and foragers gloves), the only thing he was doing in WoW was farming, but he was talking to me on real id most of the time. Of course I can't tell if he was botting or not, but he got banned regardless.

On a sidenote: I once farmed alani mount hardcore - 6 hours each for 2 days and nothing happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Unsure if that in italic was sarcasm or not.. If it was a true statement, then I would instantly say, false. Though, you can farm 'hard mode' all you wish, there is not danger until you are reported or the likes. And even so, it is easy to just appeal the judgement.
    Yeah, it was sarcasm. And I agree, best way to deal with it is knowing how to appeal.

Deleted
    I have been baned by Blizzard few times - ALWAYS justified. Tt was always my fault, I was jung and stupid - you know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkwolfgang View Post
    Yeah, it was sarcasm. And I agree, best way to deal with it is knowing how to appeal.
    Phew.. just needed to be sure ^^