Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Going back to WotLK raids

So some will agree, and some will disagree, that WotLK is the best xpac to date. Furthermore, I think Ulduar is one of the best raids in WoW. So I want to experience it again as a lvl 80 raiding team.
    I wondered if there is any interest for this from other people? I understand that it's easier nowadays due to changes over the last couple of xpacs, but to keep it as close to the original as possible, we won't use heirlooms (or the blue BoEs for that matter) , food / flasks from later xpacs, reforging, etc.

I searched for some guilds raiding at lvl 80 but they just get the best gear they can get (ilvl 400 gear) and just steamroll everything, which is exactly what I don't want.

If anyone is interested in this, here's the openraid link. http://openraid.eu/events/view/184353#info

I remember Wotlk being one of worst. Wotlk was good for Ulduar, but it ends there. I think TBC deserve that place more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by irongar View Post
    I remember Wotlk being one of worst. Wotlk was good for Ulduar, but it ends there. I think TBC deserve that place more.
    wotlk the worst ??

they are 4 xpacs so far not 20

always a dippy rushing in to say worst xpac when OP mentions 1 of the best just for the lolz

Ulduar was the only outstanding raid tier in WOTLK, sure the LK fight was great but the rest seemed pretty uninspired to me

well sure, Trial of the Crusader was utter crap, but it was the first xpac for me when I started raiding seriously, so I have the fondest memory of that xpac.

3.0 was awful for pvp and pve
    ulduar was fun
    ToC and ICC were both fun but lasted longer than they should have, but putricide, LK, and anub'arak were all awesome fights, your best bet is to look up a private server though, progressing on ulduar can get tedious though

Because of spell scaling and talent changes over 2 expansions, you're now significantly more powerful than you used to be.

You can organise it, but it definately won't be the same. For a slightly more realistic feel or challenge I'd suggest sticking to ilvl 200 gear and depending on the raid and your composition, undermanning it.

Something we done was clear ICC10HC in ilvl 200 gear to prove to people that this is the case. We're not playing the same game as we used to, but you're free to have your fun anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJeTul_BGus

Well I think getting 10 people together would be a tough task anyway, so dealing with being overpowered can also be overtaken with just bringing less people. And mechanics like going insane on Yogg or defile on LK can still screw you over (;

Doesn't matter which Exp is the best, when raiding was best or other... "criteria" you people come up with or what you "think deserves that place". Wrath was WoW's golden age, period.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by giovannileanza View Post
    Doesn't matter which Exp is the best, when raiding was best or other... "criteria" you people come up with or what you "think deserves that place". Wrath was WoW's golden age, period.
    I second this. wrath was the expansion in which I started playing, so for me it's always gonna be the best :-)

It sounds fun at first thought, but then you remember that people basically do this for Herald of Titans anyways. I would enjoy it if lower levels weren't so broken now. Often while leveling in LFD I find players are capable of easily doing 2 to 3x more damage than intended for the time period. BoA's definitely contribute a fair amount to this, but even without them, your spells will have none of the balance they did in wrath and your raid would definitely be doing a lot more damage.

Wondering though, I hardly know any of the numbers going around at level 80 now, but could Ulduar10 perhaps be done with 5 men? That sounds like it would be fun.
    Ulvi - Level 90 Holy Paladin - Whisperwind US

Sig by Shyama

Deleted
    As far as i know, sunwell can be done with like 10 people at 70, so ulduar 10 with 5 doesn't sound unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamidroon View Post
    So some will agree, and some will disagree, that WotLK is the best xpac to date. Furthermore, I think Ulduar is one of the best raids in WoW. So I want to experience it again as a lvl 80 raiding team.
    I wondered if there is any interest for this from other people? I understand that it's easier nowadays due to changes over the last couple of xpacs, but to keep it as close to the original as possible, we won't use heirlooms (or the blue BoEs for that matter) , food / flasks from later xpacs, reforging, etc.

I searched for some guilds raiding at lvl 80 but they just get the best gear they can get (ilvl 400 gear) and just steamroll everything, which is exactly what I don't want.

If anyone is interested in this, here's the openraid link. http://openraid.eu/events/view/184353#info
    You should probably just leave it and have your nice memories.

My problem with doing raids expansions after they were current, even if you're still in the same level that used to be the norm for that raid, is that the game itself has changed too much to relive the experience. Talents, stats, spells, it has all changed a lot since Wrath, TBC, Vanilla, and even Cata, so you'll never be able to relive the moments the same way again, at least not on live, and we shouldn't delve into advertising for private servers. Btw, wasn't there a level 80 DK who soloed Lich King here in MoP at one point? I think that goes to prove my point quite well.

Still, that 1 year with ICC should be enough to have tied anyone over for lifetime, I know it did that for me. Ulduar was always the only really good raid from Wrath anyways imo, I'd rather go in and do SoO yet again over doing any Wrath raid aside from Ulduar again.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Btw, wasn't there a level 80 DK who soloed Lich King here in MoP at one point?
    Paladins have done it too :3
    Ulvi - Level 90 Holy Paladin - Whisperwind US

Sig by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamidroon View Post

My guildies and I are actually trying to get geared and grouped for "Herald of the Titans"

Shoulda did Herald when it was bugged and you got it in MoP raid gear if he died within 5 seconds. LOLHERALD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by irongar View Post
    ^^ Exactly my thoughts..

WotLK is the worst expansion to date, even while Ulduar is the 2nd best raid to date... Nothing so far is close to TBC..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sertii View Post
    As far as i know, sunwell can be done with like 10 people at 70, so ulduar 10 with 5 doesn't sound unreasonable.
    Most, if not all, classes can solo Ulduar25, up to and including Vezax.. Only problem is, that Thorim is bugged as hell, when you solo, but a Blue quote promis it will be fixed in v6.0...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I think wrath was better than cata... there was nothing good about that xpac it all sucked, where as wotlk had ulduar.

Raid groups as you look for come and go.

Even using only tier specific gear you can easily complete these raids with half as much people as were required then. This is mainly due to the talent changes and changes to the spell/attack power coefficients.
    Even then you can ignore some of the raid mechanics (especially because of ridiculously strong absorbs and raid cooldowns), but yes, most have to be handled as when it was actual content.

But after realizing this is hardly comparable with raiding then, most people quit and the guild dissolves.