Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The "new" Uber Bosses

Okay, so first off, i'm bitterly disappointed that 3 of the 4 Uber Boss pairings are the same as before. Shit, Maghda even useses her lvl 60 spells. I'm honestly not sure if this is a bug. But whatever.

The question of this thread is.. is it just me, or are they really fucking easy this time around? I remember having a lot of problems back then killing them on mp 3/4, but now, after a few days of farming t1, my friends and me killed them all on t5 in a maximum of 3 tries, except for diablo, who we needed to kill on t3.
    I'm actually quite disappointed. Thought they would be harder.

Ps: The new droprates on keys/ring parts suck

Deleted
    Well that's disappointing, I was looking forward to starting my hellfire ring farm, me and my friends had a blast last time and it seemed like a nice challenge. How is you and your friends gear?

stop ignoring the context. In fact, you even spelled it out yourself but weren't/unwilling to put 2-and-2 together.

Given the serious nerf to the droprates, the Uber bosses are EASIER to farm on higher torment levels than what most people manage to farm bounties/rifts at. This is fine, because even though it's easier, you need to gather a load more keys/'organs' now to craft even 1 hellfire ring.

That said, T6 ubers are still a huge ffin challenge and, in fact, for most ppl T4-T5 is where they cap out.

IMHO, it's working as intended. Having a lower drop rate and keeping them hard at lower torments would've been a ffin PITA. Like this, there is still a challenge (if you up the torment level).

You didn't even kill them on hardest difficulty, how can you complain?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Don't know much about the parts, but the droprates for keys is extremely low. I thought it was 25% on T1 - 50% on T6. But we got about 1 key / person in 2 runs on T2 (overall did about 20 runs with 4 people), which would be a 12.5% chance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    Don't know much about the parts, but the droprates for keys is extremely low. I thought it was 25% on T1 - 50% on T6. But we got about 1 key / person in 2 runs on T2 (overall did about 20 runs with 4 people), which would be a 12.5% chance.
    RNG doesn't make a correct percentage. It scales 5% per tick of Torment. Keys on T2 are a 30% drop chance. However, chance doesn't mean you will get a key three of every ten kills.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Uber diablo fight is quite fun on higher torment difficulties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    RNG doesn't make a correct percentage. It scales 5% per tick of Torment. Keys on T2 are a 30% drop chance. However, chance doesn't mean you will get a key three of every ten kills.
    I know. But for over 300 possible drops, one would think that it should get quite close to the actual drop chance (at least at such high percentages), and we were lower than half of it. Thus I'm throwing out the idea that the ingame values may not be the same as they say they are.

Iknow personally, been farming T1-2 quite abit, some keywarden even went as far as dropping 2 key at once, so yeah ... i stronly doubt the fact that each keywarden can give you his key in addition to a chance at dropping a second random key (from any act) is quite enough

6 portals and i have a ring completed, did it on t1/t2 prob couple days after ros went live, havent been farming keys lately to try to finish my 2nd ring. first wasnt an upgrade so i dont use it. since then my dps/toughness has trippled so im sure i could prob do t3/t4.

what makes me sad is how bugged maghda is, sitting for close to a min taking no dmg because she wont bubble, sure you see the dmg numbers but her health dont move, and sitting with her bubble up for sometimes just as long after her adds are dead. when skeleton king is alive she is supper buggy

I know. But for over 300 possible drops, one would think that it should get quite close to the actual drop chance (at least at such high percentages), and we were lower than half of it. Thus I'm throwing out the idea that the ingame values may not be the same as they say they are.
    ever heard about the red (possibly black) streak in roulette quite a huge incident where people lost millions after believeing that it had to be the other color, after around 35 times being the same color.

TL; DR around 10k samples and you can start to make an assumption about drop rate assuming 5% chance the lower the more samples you need

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    ever heard about the red (possibly black) streak in roulette quite a huge incident where people lost millions after believeing that it had to be the other color, after around 35 times being the same color.

TL; DR around 10k samples and you can start to make an assumption about drop rate assuming 5% chance the lower the more samples you need
    The chance should be 30%. At my sample size (even rounded down to 300), with the number of keys we got (even rounded up to 40), the chance to get so few or fewer is (calculating as a Poisson distribution) about 2.63E-09. I think those numbers are definitely enough to be able to start making an assumption. So it is definitely a real possibility that the numbers given by Blizz are off.

[e] What I completely forgot: Probably the 25% T1 - 50% T6 is only for the items of the uber bosses, and not for the keys.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2014-04-13 at 07:47 PM.

The chance should be 30%. At my sample size (even rounded down to 300), with the number of keys we got (even rounded up to 40), the chance to get so few or fewer is (calculating as a Poisson distribution) about 2.63E-09. I think those numbers are definitely enough to be able to start making an assumption. So it is definitely a real possibility that the numbers given by Blizz are off.

[e] What I completely forgot: Probably the 25% T1 - 50% T6 is only for the items of the uber bosses, and not for the keys.
    some source said it was 28% for T2 for beta which probably never changed or they lowered it a bit more.

though there has been lots of reports saying that the drop rates are lower than 25%, also for organs.

seems like they don't want the ring to be easy to craft.

The current rates for both keys and organs are the same as beta and loot 2.0 patch.

Torment I: 25%
    Torment II: 28%
    Torment III: 33%
    Torment IV: 38%
    Torment V: 43%
    Torment VI: 50%

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-trac...nd-key-wardens

IIRC, the drop chances buffed along with the legendary reagents needed to craft sets and such - unfortunately i'm not able to find the post on diablofans about that (it was on frontpage some time ago).

Anyway, the difference is that the uber boss are just that - bosses. While they are not super easy especially at high difficulty, the fights are not complicated to understand and you need a) a good single target dps which is usually achieved via specific builds and b) group coordination/self awareness to avoid bad things.

Uber bosses are "easy" mainly because there are only them on screen. Even in Maghda\Leoric fight, where a lot of adds are spawned, it's only a matter of aoeing them down - all the rest is about staying alive while continuing to dps the boss, and playing safely doesn't hurts since it seems enrage timers ae pretty long (or actually non existant, i don't know that).

Rifts or even bounties are more difficult. Lots and Lost of enemies, ranged and melee and elite packs with nasty affixes combination. They die faster, but they are much more difficult to deal with - mostly because you don't know what's beyond the portion of screen you see. The most difficult encounters are in Rifts where you can easily pull 2 or 3 elite packs together and all the affixes spawning at the same time are the worst thing to have.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

what's uber bosses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

iirc they removed the enrages on ubers at a late beta stage.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main complaint lies with the Boss design. 3 of 4 pairings are exactly the same as before. I remember that someone told me that there are 4 new pairings, and this time, it's 3 bosses each, and i was like "whoa, that sounds awesome!", then i'm doing uber bosses, and it's just the same as it was at lvl 60. Maghda, for example, isn't even using her new abilities, spawning different minions and such. It's the exact same fight. And i'm disappointed by that.

My main complaint lies with the Boss design. 3 of 4 pairings are exactly the same as before. I remember that someone told me that there are 4 new pairings, and this time, it's 3 bosses each, and i was like "whoa, that sounds awesome!", then i'm doing uber bosses, and it's just the same as it was at lvl 60. Maghda, for example, isn't even using her new abilities, spawning different minions and such. It's the exact same fight. And i'm disappointed by that.
    No one ever said that the pairings would change.

Someone talked BS and you are disappointed because BS turned out to be BS.

But yeah, they feel easier than before, but I'm Ok with that because I still have fun. And as long as I (and you) don't farm them on T6 there is no "too easy".

Why would the pairings change? The Ubers are content from the last expansion, only the new pairing for the new expansion would be new. I don't understand why feel that old content would somehow change.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4