Poll: Would you like to have seasons of the year in WoW?

Thread: Seasons in WoW

Seasons in WoW

Hello.

Would you be happy if Blizzard implemented seasons of the year in World of Warcraft?

When I was reading Rise of the Lich King, when there was winter in Lordaeron, I was thinking about how would it look like in WoW. Winter in Tirisfal? Snow in Duskwood?
    That would be great in my opinion. A season would last for 3 months, like in real life. We have a real day cycle, so why not extend it into a real year cycle?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Winter Blossom.

It would be awesome, but it would be a fair amount of extra work. They'd likely do the Nights/Days cycle before Seasons came around.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

That would be awesome, in my opinion at least.

Please just dont start here some stupid flame war about waste of development resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    That would be awesome, in my opinion at least.

Please just dont start here some stupid flame war about waste of development resources.
    Mmhm, I'm surprised how far "that" meme that can get you an infraction went.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

It would be pretty awesome but if we directly asked for it and it got a response, the best we could hope for is a Celestalon-esque "I'd like that too some day" but it's more likely we'd get a "if we spent time focusing on changing fundamental parts of the weather system we'd have to take time away from elsewhere." That's the straight-forward truth of it.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Yeah, very much

Deleted
    I would love that but I'd like the night scene fixed first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, but I doubt they'll ever actually do this.

- - - Updated - - -

I love when somone drops one of those crystals that makes it snow around the area.
    I have a lot of those, even the rain ones. I gather them on my alts. As well as the trees you can harvest form the farm, I try to keep it on my monk. He's the weird one, he's also my 'chef' character. He's one of the main reasons I would love Blizzard to remove some of the restrictions on transmogs, Chef Xeroth Ironmist (Sadly in tank gear, else he has a meat cleaver and a leg of meat).

Love such items, and love that we atleast have seasonal events to split the year a bit. But would hope for a new weather engine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    I would love that but I'd like the night scene fixed first.
    Yes, Night time / Day time engine needs to go up first, I agree on that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Yeah, night right now is like someone dimmed a bit the Sun but that's about it

Makes me sad panda.
    Last edited by mmocec7950f9b8; 2014-04-13 at 08:36 PM.

Deleted
    I wouldn't even require them to redesign entire areas with snow in mind, just seeing the different weather effects from time to time would be nice enough for me, much like those weather stones from Timeless Isle.

Like I recently commented on a similar thread, I think that the nighttime issue is something intentional, and it's related to the display settings of the average user. There's a lot of black level enhancing going on most modern displays and TVs that people just don't turn off because it works nice with movies. Many have their contrast set waaay too high too, so it's likely they don't want to make nighttime too dark because of these reasons, and not aesthetic ones.

Deleted
    Very much yes.

I would also love weather having some effect on the world (herbs growing more during rain or something).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    Like I recently commented on a similar thread, I think that the nighttime issue is something intentional, and it's related to the display settings of the average user. There's a lot of black level enhancing going on most modern displays and TVs that people just don't turn off because it works nice with movies. Many have their contrast set waaay too high too, so it's likely they don't want to make nighttime too dark because of these reasons, and not aesthetic ones.
    Perhaps, but some time ago night time was actually really dark and you know, felt really immersive like 'whoa Duskwood is too damn dark I'm outta here'. Maybe it's just me jumping on the nostalgia wagon. :c